Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Rego label for NSW

+11
Cameron
Four40
truck
gus
reddog
Hammy
madmax
Kiwisteve
Ross.
Ewok1958
Reardo
15 posters

Go down

No Rego label for NSW Empty No Rego label for NSW

Post  Reardo Thu 24 May 2012, 6:43 pm

No Rego label for NSW cheers

The New South Wales Government has abolished registration stickers for cars and light vehicles, reversing a law that dates back more than 80 years.

From January 1, 2013, the owners of approximately 5.5 million vehicles in NSW will no longer be required to display a rego sticker on their windscreen, with the government deciding to adopt a sticker-less identification system similar to that already used in South Australia and Western Australia.

NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell said the decision would benefit most of the state’s residents and businesses, and would save the government $575,000 in printing costs every year.

“The chore of getting off the old label and sticking on the new one will be no longer,” Mr O’Farrell said.

“This move is a simple yet practical one that will make life that little bit easier for car owners.

“The cut to red tape will also be of particular benefit to companies with large vehicle fleets, like car rental companies and delivery firms.”

The decision to abolish rego stickers came after a review that found labels were not required to support compliance and enforcement of vehicle registration, and that the presence of a label was not a reliable indicator that a vehicle is registered.

From January 1, it will no longer be an offence for light vehicles (those with a total weight up to 4.5 tonnes) to not display a registration label or to display an expired or damaged label in NSW.

NSW Minister for Roads Duncan Gay warned motorists that the policy change did not mean police would overlook people driving unregistered or uninsured cars.

“Despite the abolition of registration labels, current developments in NSW Police and Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) technology will still ensure the present levels of compliance and enforcement are maintained through, for example, automatic number plate recognition technology,” Mr Gay said.

“There is no excuse for driving a car unregistered and uninsured – you will be caught.”

Gay confirmed vehicle owners would continue to receive notifications from the RMS and from compulsory third-party insurers reminding them to renew their registration and insurance.

Motorists can also check the status of their vehicle registration by using a service on the RMS website.

Windscreen registration labels were introduced in 1932. Western Australia was the first state to abolish rego stickers in January 2010, followed by South Australia in July 2011.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

No Rego label for NSW Empty Re: No Rego label for NSW

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 24 May 2012, 6:54 pm

Reardo wrote:No Rego label for NSW cheers

“From January 1, it will no longer be an offence for light vehicles (those with a total weight up to 4.5 tonnes) to not display a registration label or to display an expired or damaged label in NSW.

So Goldwing and Rocket owners still have to display the label? Very Happy
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Thu 24 May 2012, 6:54 pm

And yet we have to wait till Jan 1 2013. Why not now?

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Thu 24 May 2012, 7:15 pm

Ross. wrote:And yet we have to wait till Jan 1 2013. Why not now?

I'm ok with it, my bike is reg'd till the end of Jan 2013 Very Happy May as well use up the current sticker!
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 24 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Hopefully Victoria will follow suit.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 24 May 2012, 11:07 pm

From past exprience. Us Banana Benders should adopt it around 2077. Rolling Eyes
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 24 May 2012, 11:39 pm

This has fuck all to do with saving money. What it does do is make it easy to pick up more people for driving unlicensed vehicles. It is seriously a fucking joke, the state government is taking the piss.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 25 May 2012, 5:45 am

But we do get solo rego .We win ( again ,sorry but couldnt resist Evil or Very Mad )
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Fri 25 May 2012, 7:00 am

Reardo wrote:No Rego label for NSW cheers
Gay confirmed vehicle owners would continue to receive notifications from the RMS and from compulsory third-party insurers reminding them to renew their registration and insurance.

Do you have to be Gay to get reminders?
Selective quoting is bad. Evil or Very Mad but I needed a laugh at this time of the morning.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 25 May 2012, 7:50 am

gus wrote:But we do get solo rego .We win ( again ,sorry but couldnt resist Evil or Very Mad )

Now Gus. They will only get the " Blues ". Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Fri 25 May 2012, 8:05 am

I wonder if the local bunch of useless youknowwhats will bring this rule into the ACT? While I like my cylinder rego holders, the bikes would look better without any rego stickers.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 25 May 2012, 8:15 am

No. The ACTs next law to pass, will be that it is OK to use company credit cards for HOOKERS ! Laughing
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Fri 25 May 2012, 9:54 am

Hammy wrote:No. The ACTs next law to pass, will be that it is OK to use company credit cards for HOOKERS ! Laughing

lol!

I think its a great idea. These stickers just look shit. I was only saying the other day that they would even look better if they where just plain black/white instead of these bright colours. But i cant believe it...they went one better and got rid of them completely.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 25 May 2012, 10:36 am

When you think about it. What use do they serve anyway. A cop would never be able to get a look at one on a m/c while it was moving. And if he's pulled you up then he's gonna run a check anyway. Well thats what I've found, when I pick up Hookers on me bike. Laughing Laughing
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  phill north Fri 25 May 2012, 12:32 pm

Don't be to happy about these "advances" in law and tax enforcement. With the ability of these systems to do complex tasks it only takes a small step to bring in a constant use and speed monitering and taxation system. Picture this in the not to distant future. Your bike or car will be fitted with a device that moniters your speed and time of use. That device transmits its compressed information to recievers that sit, lets say, every 1km apart. For every 1kmh over the speed limit you are fined or taxed 5 cents per second. Increase that fine to $5 for every second you travel 10kmh over the speed limit. Travel 20kmh over the speed limit and you are hit with a fine of $50 and $10 for every second over the speed limit. In country areas the usage information is kept in storage untill you hit a town or the moniters will be placed at 10 or 20 km intervals. Also the time that you use your vehicle will be taxed.
Advances in computers and memory storage......scary stuff.
Actually we should be ok on the Bandits with this system because our speedos read 10 kmh faster than the real speed anyway.
phill north
phill north

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Wed 30 May 2012, 7:58 pm

i haven't had one for yonks

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:05 pm

An interesting side point is that it will now be impossible to know if the vehicle you are driving/passenger in is registered if you are not the owner.

For example, you jump in the work truck and get booked for it being unregistered. How were you to know? I doubt a court will deem it reasonable that you should have visited the website first...
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 05 Jun 2012, 7:21 pm

Sloth_27 wrote:An interesting side point is that it will now be impossible to know if the vehicle you are driving/passenger in is registered if you are not the owner.

For example, you jump in the work truck and get booked for it being unregistered. How were you to know? I doubt a court will deem it reasonable that you should have visited the website first...

That has always been the case mate. A current sticker (in Vic) doesn't mean the reg has been paid. The sticker comes with the bill.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down