Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rego Stickers

+2
dhula
Jimmy the Boy
6 posters

Go down

Rego Stickers Empty Rego Stickers

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 04 Jan 2013, 11:47 am

Just received my rego renewal in the post. No more ugly rego sticker required!
In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, " WOO HOO!! " cheers
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Rego Stickers Empty Re: Rego Stickers

Post  Jimmy the Boy Fri 04 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm

It says here on the accompanying info sheet that you can remove your
current rego sticker from Jan 1st 2013. So theres any easy job for everyone
in NSW this weekend who hasn't already done it. Its all light vehicles under
4.5 tonne GVM so you can do the " cage " aswell. Enjoy. Smile
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 04 Jan 2013, 8:56 pm

What is a rego sticker ????

We've been without them for a while now

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

Sorry dhula, I'm a bit slow to cotton on, but you have to understand I live in NSW so its hard to get permission to even reply to this post.
YOU HAVE VUN MEENUT OF EENTERNET TIME PER DAY!!! SCHNELL SCHNELL!! I was so excited that the little man got a win.
Even though I know what they're up too, with all that weight stripped off the bike they will be looking for speeding fine revenue.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sat 05 Jan 2013, 9:00 am

Yes, the freeways will be a " sea of flashing blue/red lights " as they pull up every vehicle that raises an alert on the number plate identification detection computer. Evil or Very Mad
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:17 am

I'm sure the system will be flawless Hammy. I can't recall anyone ever having been snapped by a " safety " camera
for legally going about their business. Laughing I wonder if the North Korean Government study Australia for tips on communism?
This may well be my final post, I have raged against the machine. pale lol!
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 05 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm

I have zero faith in the number plate detection system and the retards that run it.
Why you ask

The fuckstix that live close by to me have moved a number plate from their 4wd (that has remained unregistered for 2 years) to a car (non 4wd) but only the front one. The rear number plate on the car is off a trailer that they used to own.

Someone called the cops and told them exactly what was going on (4wd make and model details, car make and model details, both rego plate numbers that are now on the car and what was previously on it and address where both cars still reside) yet the car is still being driven around the streets.

Would rego stickers ensure this didn't happen - no way, fuckstix will be fuckstix
Does the new system make it any better - IMO no way, fuckstix will still be fuckstix

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 8:34 am

Heres hoping the detection system might pick up a few more of these idiots. I guess previously the only way they
got stung is to be randomly pulled over. But as Hammy suggested, a lot of people may be inconvenienced as a result.
Incorrect recognition and so forth. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 9:48 am

for this recognition thing to work, they actually need to have patrol cars out patrolling. wouldn't that be funny/unique, seeing marked patrol cars patrolling a beat?
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:06 am

The thing about the number plate recognition is that it is an automatic system with the camera hard mounted at the front of the vehicle. As long as the unit is turned on and the operators are attentive it will tell them that a vehicle it has spoted is of interest, whether that be a rego issue or some other matter. I've heard that every single police car (marked and unmarked) in ACT is fitted with the system, including the Police Commissioners, and its been operating for a number of years now.

Is it effective ? Well there seems to be a lot more cars on the side of the road with their number plates removed. However I think it would be a lot better if they spent advertising money telling the public it is out there. Then some of them might think twice about switching plates or driving unregistered with no 3rd party. That could lead to less claims and lower rego costs....opps just saw the flaw in the argument, can't have a cut in revenue brought on by a safety campaign that works, silly me.

Rego Stickers Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:55 am

barry_mcki wrote:The thing about the number plate recognition is that it is an automatic system with the camera hard mounted at the front of the vehicle. As long as the unit is turned on and the operators are attentive it will tell them that a vehicle it has spoted is of interest, whether that be a rego issue or some other matter. I've heard that every single police car (marked and unmarked) in ACT is fitted with the system, including the Police Commissioners, and its been operating for a number of years now.

Is it effective ? Well there seems to be a lot more cars on the side of the road with their number plates removed. However I think it would be a lot better if they spent advertising money telling the public it is out there. Then some of them might think twice about switching plates or driving unregistered with no 3rd party. That could lead to less claims and lower rego costs....opps just saw the flaw in the argument, can't have a cut in revenue brought on by a safety campaign that works, silly me.

lol! Dead Right.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:55 am

I just did 1500km over 3 days in Vic / NSW. Only patrol car I saw for the whole trip was coming home, 400m from my house.

Time to refurb the rear end and do a home made tail tidy.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:32 am

You've nailed it Barry. Imagine that, lower Rego costs. Laughing
Remember we all signed a petition to Andrew Stoner about lower CTP costs a couple of years ago
when he was promising the world to get in to power??? Hasn't he gone missing. Must of been one
of those " non core " promises. Shocked A politician that tells fibs? Well I never..........
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down