Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modify stock handlebars

2 posters

Go down

Modify stock handlebars Empty Modify stock handlebars

Post  straff1250 Fri 18 May 2012, 6:33 pm

I have owned my 09 Bandit for over a year now and love the thing. The only thing I wasn't really happy with was the handle bars. I didn't like the way they were bent inwards. It seemed like an unnatural angle that your wrists where on. Has anyone else noticed this or is it only me???
I read a lot on this forum, and cruised the internet for aftermarket bars but I couldn't really find anything suitable. I am happy with the hight, and how wide they were, just didn't like the kick inwards. So in the end I decided to modify my stock ones. I pulled everything off and took them to work, put them in a vice and heated them up to cherry red with an oxy and bent them to the angle I was happy with.
Then painted them matt black and put them back on the bike. It now feels like a totally different bike to ride. I am very happy with the outcome and only got very minimal distortion where I changed the curve. You can bearly notice it unless you were really looking for it. Didn't seem to affect the strenth of the bars as I have put all my weight on them just to test them out. So all good. I am not sure how to post photo's incase anyone wants a look. ( I am new to this forum ) I just thought I would share this incase anyone else wasn't happy with their handlebars. Cheers Andy.

Last edited by straff1250 on Sun 20 May 2012, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change heading)
straff1250
straff1250

Back to top Go down

Modify stock handlebars Empty Re: Modify stock handlebars

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 18 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Photos please. I noticed the angle at first but not enough to make me want to change it. 30,000kms later I'm used to it. Back in the '70s and early '80s there was a set of bars that included a bar that went around the instruments - it was popular at the time because it gave a sportier feel and had that added wrap around bar. Now days, if we had that, we'd be using it to mount spotlights, GPS sets, mobile phone holders, etc, etc.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  straff1250 Fri 18 May 2012, 7:50 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Photos please. I noticed the angle at first but not enough to make me want to change it. 30,000kms later I'm used to it. Back in the '70s and early '80s there was a set of bars that included a bar that went around the instruments - it was popular at the time because it gave a sportier feel and had that added wrap around bar. Now days, if we had that, we'd be using it to mount spotlights, GPS sets, mobile phone holders, etc, etc.
how do I post photos?
straff1250
straff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 18 May 2012, 8:19 pm

Wrong question really, but try this

https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t1283-posting-photos-a-picture-story?highlight=photos

Good luck - you'd hope it was simpler.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down