Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chains , sprockets & crappy service

5 posters

Go down

Chains , sprockets & crappy service  Empty Chains , sprockets & crappy service

Post  paul Tue 01 May 2012, 2:18 pm

My lad has a 2006 bandit ( yes hammy the red one ) & his chain & sprockets needed changing . He decided to go local dealer instead of flea bay ( around the same price & support for the dealer . When I unpacked the bag on the weekend , the front sprocket was right , the rear was 46 instead of 45 tooth & the chain was 114 link & needs 116 on the 2006 model .When he took them back he was told they could`t find a listing for the 2006 model ! Very unimpressed , he asked what they had looked up to start with when he first put the order in . To cut a long story short , they eventually found the right rear sprocket , but still thought the chain was as per 2005 bandit with 110 links , so he pointed out it was 116 links ordered a 120 link one . He could have got the right kit from flea bay as per their description and had it in a third the time after all the stuffing around . What makes the matter worse is that in Adelaide , they don`t keep a lot of spares in stock & have to order them in anyway . Guess which way he will be buying any thing else for his bike .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Chains , sprockets & crappy service  Empty Re: Chains , sprockets & crappy service

Post  Hammy Tue 01 May 2012, 2:26 pm

Your Lad must take after his mother, when it comes to taste. Seriously though. This is an all too common story with local retailers. " 2005 ?? Yeh that must be the same as 2006 ". Very sloppy work. By the way Paul. How many K's did your sons set do ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Chains , sprockets & crappy service  Empty Re: Chains , sprockets & crappy service

Post  paul Tue 01 May 2012, 2:38 pm

Hammy wrote:Your Lad must take after his mother, when it comes to taste. Seriously though. This is an all too common story with local retailers. " 2005 ?? Yeh that must be the same as 2006 ". Very sloppy work. By the way Paul. How many K's did your sons set do ?

About 30 thousand km ( sprockets don`t look bad , but the chain could be happier ) / I realize it was an interim model , but fail to see what that has to do with anything , it was sold for a year , not a couple of months & it is a Suzuki , not some obscure make & model .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 01 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Actually Paul, I wonder if the '06 1200 C & Ss are the same as the '08 1250. Some of the parts are the same.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 May 2012, 2:55 pm

Hammy wrote:Actually Paul, I wonder if the '06 1200 C & Ss are the same as the '08 1250. Some of the parts are the same.

2007 on has 118 link chain / 18 tooth front / 43 tooth rear ...............2006 has a longer swingarm than 2005 with 116 links ( the 2005 has 110 links ) , but the same amount of teeth as the 2005 on the sprockets . I suspect the sprockets are the same for 2005 & 2006 given the wheels are identical so the bolt pattern should be the same , so I don`t understand why they gave him a 46 tooth rear . They also tried to tell him JT don`t make a 45 tooth sprocket which I replaced the one on my 2004 bandit with when I had one . According to the receipt they have now sold him a JT 45 tooth cog ! but we don`t get it untill tomorrow to see what brand he ended up with .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 May 2012, 5:09 pm

[quote="Hammy"]Your Lad must take after his mother, when it comes to taste.

This son was a product of myself & my first wife & although her taste was always questionable Rolling Eyes I don`t want you to worry and can rest easy & sleep tonight ; we didn`t break up because she liked red bandits ................ we broke up in 1979 before they came out Razz Razz tongue

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Tue 01 May 2012, 8:33 pm

It must be shops where you go in and want to buy stuff face to face.

I went into the local rays outdoors looking for something in particular. Checked their online store first so know what I could get it for.
On the shelf they had it for (wait for this) $90 more than online.
I spoke with the manager who told me to "buy it on line then".

When buying stuff on line thru rays you have the option of electing to pick it up in store so I queried the manager about this along the lines of
"I can buy it online, select your store to pick it up, come in and I'll save $90. Why not jsut sell it to me at the online price?"
"No sir, the online price does not include WA"

So I went home, brought it online at $90 cheaper (Rays was the cheapest I could find the item for at the time) and elected to pick it up at his store.

Today I get a SMS telling me the item is ready for pickup so I call the store to confirm and yep it's there ready to go.

Retards IMO

Last edited by dhula on Tue 01 May 2012, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 May 2012, 9:16 pm

that`s about as ridiculous as it gets Rolling Eyes

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 02 May 2012, 12:01 am

He's another one for ya.

I'm on the hunt for a good price for a set of givi pannier racks
Looking at 2 US based sellers I could get them to my door for between 230 and 260 depending on which seller I used (that's US money)
Another US seller had a price of 817 (feel free to read that again, it's correct) shipped to my door so I queried it and got a response back saying the shipping cost was incorrect and should have been only "220" to my door so a total cost of 375usd.

A local shops wants 290ish for the same thing and can have it for me tomorrow out of his warehouse or if it goes before I decide to buy it there might be a wait for the supplier to get some more in, probably 2-3 weeks.

Prooves that it defo makes sense to check up on these things.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 02 May 2012, 7:18 am

As I mentioned in another thread, I am looking into new springs and valves. Oz price, $ 378 +pp. US price, $ 262 +pp.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 02 May 2012, 1:26 pm

dhula wrote:It must be shops where you go in and want to buy stuff face to face.

I went into the local rays outdoors looking for something in particular. Checked their online store first so know what I could get it for.
On the shelf they had it for (wait for this) $90 more than online.
I spoke with the manager who told me to "buy it on line then".

When buying stuff on line thru rays you have the option of electing to pick it up in store so I queried the manager about this along the lines of
"I can buy it online, select your store to pick it up, come in and I'll save $90. Why not jsut sell it to me at the online price?"
"No sir, the online price does not include WA"

So I went home, brought it online at $90 cheaper (Rays was the cheapest I could find the item for at the time) and elected to pick it up at his store.

Today I get a SMS telling me the item is ready for pickup so I call the store to confirm and yep it's there ready to go.

Retards IMO

I've seen this with a few online shops that also have retail outlets. Their argument is the price is cheaper because its coming direct from the warehouse. My argument to them is "why should I pay more because I want to walk into your store" Its like they are charging you for the pleasure of using your time, fuel and effort to go to their store. (and possibly buy more things) sure they've got to pay wages but they've got to pay them at the warehouse as well.
I walk out of shops that don't match their online price

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 02 May 2012, 5:54 pm

dhula wrote:He's another one for ya.

I'm on the hunt for a good price for a set of givi pannier racks
Looking at 2 US based sellers I could get them to my door for between 230 and 260 depending on which seller I used (that's US money)
Another US seller had a price of 817 (feel free to read that again, it's correct) shipped to my door so I queried it and got a response back saying the shipping cost was incorrect and should have been only "220" to my door so a total cost of 375usd.

A local shops wants 290ish for the same thing and can have it for me tomorrow out of his warehouse or if it goes before I decide to buy it there might be a wait for the supplier to get some more in, probably 2-3 weeks.

Prooves that it defo makes sense to check up on these things.

I have a set of Givi V35 racks (PLX535), complete with the indicator brackets and spacers. The mounting bolts could use replacing, but the racks are in very tidy condition. Not sure of the cost from NZ. PM me if this is what you are after
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 02 May 2012, 11:18 pm

kewwig wrote:I have a set of Givi V35 racks (PLX535), complete with the indicator brackets and spacers. The mounting bolts could use replacing, but the racks are in very tidy condition. Not sure of the cost from NZ. PM me if this is what you are after

Thanks for the offer but I'm after PL532 or PLR532 (removable version) rack to suit a Wee strom

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down