Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delkevic Slip on mufflers

5 posters

Go down

Delkevic Slip on mufflers Empty Delkevic Slip on mufflers

Post  Ironman Thu 28 Oct 2010, 2:37 pm

Hi everyone.

I found a brand of slip on called Delkevic. Three basic designs appear on ebay in a couple of different lengths at attractive price points.
The one I am looking into is a tri-oval design not unlike the Yoshimura type. Constructed of Stainless with a straight through design featuring a 50mm bore and a removeable baffle. They look good in the pictures and carry a 12 month warranty.
I'm planning to visit the seller next week to have a good look at the product. Search ebay using gsf 1250 and they come up.

Has anyone already tried these or had experience with?

Cheers and stay safe.

FT
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Delkevic Slip on mufflers Empty Re: Delkevic Slip on mufflers

Post  rolls Fri 29 Oct 2010, 8:56 am

I posted a reply somewhere else on here about Delkevic mufflers. I have one on my K4 B12. Nice sound and well finished.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Delkevic Slip on mufflers Empty delkevic slip on

Post  rjs Fri 29 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm

fitted the round version to my 1250s and could not be happier. Looks good, good quality ,shit easy fitting and sounds good. I removed the baffle first day ,sounds even better, havent been given one side ways glare from the boys in blue.Service from the distributer was first class.
rjs
rjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Fri 29 Oct 2010, 6:08 pm

Sounds good. How well finished is the baffle arrangement and screw?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  rjs Mon 01 Nov 2010, 12:21 pm

baffle and retaining screw are both well made and simple design. Pics of my bike with pipe fitted are in this section under title pipe and screen.
rjs
rjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Thu 04 Nov 2010, 3:44 pm

I'm liking the looks of the Delkevic muff. Thanks for sharing the info. Very Happy Smile
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  solerida Thu 04 Nov 2010, 10:44 pm

What size are you all using? 350mm or 450mm?

Thinking of getting one of these myself soon.
After i get some new rubber...

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Fri 05 Nov 2010, 5:46 pm

I reckon the 450mm for a 1250 or a 350mm for a 650.
I had a look at a tri oval muffler at their warehouse today. Looks pretty good to me. The baffle is an odd arrangement. From the outlet end the baffle looks as though the gasses exit from inside the baffle "pipe".
On closer inspection the gasses actually deflect around it and exit around the outside. Shocked
hmmmmm I guess it works - be restrictive as hell - like trying to fart through a popper straw.

I would have picked one up today but the link pipe to suit a B1250 wasn't available until Monday. Neutral

Finish is excellent from the example I looked at. Welds and polishing were neat and tidy.
I reckon if you stuck a Yoshi sticker on it you wouldn't tell the difference. It also has 12 months warranty.

I just want to hear one on a 650 or 1250.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  rjs Mon 08 Nov 2010, 7:46 pm

i have the 450mm on my 1250, just remove the baffle and enjoy, not loud unless you want it (big hand full). Depending on weather and your location may be heading your way in the next week or so. Waiting on contact details from Cam so that i can possibly meet some other bods from the fourum.
rjs
rjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Mon 08 Nov 2010, 8:07 pm

Well after pressing "buy it now" on eBay I waited. I bought the 450mm tri-oval on Saturday I think. Anyways it arrived on my doorstep today! cheers So pulled it out of the carton had a good look all over it - all there. Well we're off to a good start. Pulled the protective film off it - polished finish is very good. Removed the baffle straight away. Grabbed the FA and removed the standard cannon and proceeded to fit up the replacement. Yep just as I suspected - looks horn! Cool Picture is next once I work that bit out. Tomorrow I'll run it to cure the joint sealer.
I'll reserve my judgement until tomorrow but so far - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Verdict after install and startup ... It's not too loud not too soft, IMO the tri oval matches the shapes found on the FA's fairing so it has an inherent "integrated" look. One point to note is when you remove the baffell there is a small hole at the bottom of the outlet pipe. This makes a small "whistle" sound when you back off from goosing the throttle. Scratching my head for a full minute trying to work out why it was making this noise.

scratch

Repeated the test this time with finger covering the small hole on outlet - noise gone.

Verdict of Delkevic pipe Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool

Last edited by Full Throttle on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update of product review.)
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Mon 15 Nov 2010, 4:10 pm

Picture update.Delkevic Slip on mufflers 100_3011
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 15 Nov 2010, 6:00 pm

Full Throttle wrote: One point to note is when you remove the baffell there is a small hole at the bottom of the outlet pipe. This makes a small "whistle" sound when you back off from goosing the throttle. Scratching my head for a full minute trying to work out why it was making this noise.

scratch

Repeated the test this time with finger covering the small hole on outlet - noise gone.

Verdict of Delkevic pipe Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool

Can you put the screw back? You can on the Beowulfs

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Mon 15 Nov 2010, 7:01 pm

I suppose you could put a nut and bolt in there but it would look dodgy IMO. I was going to have a friend do some stainless welding for me. He did wonders on a titanium muffler after a low side at Darlington Park years ago. Couldn't see the repair at all.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down