Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knee sliders

+10
Four40
reddog
RAC
Grover
mtbeerwah
potatomasher
Hammy
paul
holdenman
gus
14 posters

Go down

Knee sliders Empty Knee sliders

Post  gus Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

I know leather pants with knee sliders would be good on the track ,but what about touring . Got offered a new pair RST for $200 norn $400.
Never had knee sliders before and kind of thought it was a bit of a wank for road riding .
My jacket is RST so it would zip together and the price is good .They are removable but still bulky around the knee area .
I guess they are race cut instead of my normal tour cut .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Knee sliders Empty Re: Knee sliders

Post  holdenman Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

Not my cup of tea but for the price you would have to consider

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 26 Feb 2012, 1:25 pm

You could always replace the sliders with knee pads for when you get home too late , or when your feeling a bit horny Shocked Embarassed Razz

Try them on & see how comfortable they would be to walk around in when you get to your destination .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 26 Feb 2012, 1:35 pm

Slightly off the subject Gus. I have a pair of RST boots and have always wondered what RST stands for. Do you know ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 26 Feb 2012, 5:16 pm

i have a dainese jacket and pants with knee sliders. i thought they looked a bit ridiculous at first but they do offer more protection - every little bit counts. never scraped them though but i might start trying

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 26 Feb 2012, 5:30 pm

ahh mate..get ride of your photo..pleeease
potatomasher wrote:i have a dainese jacket and pants with knee sliders. i thought they looked a bit ridiculous at first but they do offer more protection - every little bit counts. never scraped them though but i might start trying
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 26 Feb 2012, 5:53 pm

There seems to be a few different groups involved in riding to me . there are the off roaders , the cruiser types , sport tourers like us , bikies etc , & street racers/ track day types . If I was part of the last group ,I think I would have all the protection I could get . I`m sure every city is the same as here & has certain roads which are frequented by riders who like to ride on the edge & if that`s what they like ,then wearing sliders etc is more than appropriate , but just to go to the shops or for a coffee is probably overkill . Mind you I think the lycra wearing bike riders who don`t race look like wankers as well ,& there`s hundreds of them, so what do I know .

Yes I`ve had a few beers today & I am on a mission . Rolling Eyes

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 26 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

No idea what Rst stands for .Good jackets though. They did feel "safe" in the knee area and a little tighter in that area than I'm used to .
My draggin cammo's are worn out and i'm not paying $260 for a new pair when i can have leathers for $200 .Bring on QLD winter .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grover Sun 26 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

gus wrote: .Bring on QLD winter .

That'll be a tough 3 weeks Gus! I don't miss the humidity up there at all. I tried it for 26 years and never liked it. Give me the cold any time.

When getting ready to ride to work last week, I checked the temp and it was a tropical 9 degrees, so I put on my summer gear.

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
Grover
Grover

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:02 pm

have you looked on ebay for draggin`s? theres some pretty good deals sometimes
gus wrote:No idea what Rst stands for .Good jackets though. They did feel "safe" in the knee area and a little tighter in that area than I'm used to .
My draggin cammo's are worn out and i'm not paying $260 for a new pair when i can have leathers for $200 .Bring on QLD winter .
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  RAC Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

mtbeerwah wrote:ahh mate..get ride of your photo..pleeease
potatomasher wrote:i have a dainese jacket and pants with knee sliders. i thought they looked a bit ridiculous at first but they do offer more protection - every little bit counts. never scraped them though but i might start trying

....more cushion for the pushin' Razz

RAC

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

I just brought a 2 piece set of Berik leathers (Kangaroo) from one of the guys on ASB for $700 the lot. They fit well, look good and have knee sliders too. I pulled them off and left them in the cupboard as you only need them if you are on the track. They at least have heaps of knee protection unlike Draggins, but will get hot. I'd rather have all the protection, but like you @Gus I'm not into wanky knee sliders. If we get that far over on the Bandit to be touching our knee it's because we are sliding down the road with the bike Smile

reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

Not sure what RST stands for in the motorcycle world, but when RST suspension forks were released for mountian bikes, it meant Real Short Travel. I"ll stick with Rox Shox.

Back to topic, I find the RST leather pants tend to inhibit blood flow to my knees on really long rides, I can't help it if I'm not the perfect shape or don't have chicken man legs Rolling Eyes
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 27 Feb 2012, 8:31 pm

I have knee sliders on my alpine star pants. I dont really notice that they are there compared to riding without them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Tue 28 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

personally i'd go the draggin style pants everytime.... much more comfortable and versatile, therefore worn more often, therefore offer more protection
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Frazzled Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:01 pm

I've got knee sliders on my alpine star pants. Felt a bit wanky just riding on the road soI took off the Velcro sliders bits. When I came off down the snowies leathers were scuffed but knees well and truly protected. Wish the ribs were. I say if they fit, are comfy and a bargain get them. Who cares about fashion if they protect you if you come off.

Frazzled

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:24 pm

I got them, but its either been too hot or raining (or both ) to wear .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 19 Mar 2012, 12:00 am

Wore my Berik full leathers today minus knee sliders on a 30 degree day and they were bearable. Felt heaps more comfortable than my draggins and offered more protection in case the worse may happen. Considering we had to dodge a stray cow and came out unscathed it was all good Smile

Leather is the go if you can afford it. Draggins are wayyyyyyyy over priced for what they are.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:45 am

Fully agree, and i'm lucky to get 2 seasons out of them .They (dra) may offer reasonable protection when new ,but mine wear through where the
kevlar ends above the knee . I had a pair of leather pant for 10 years and the only thing that aged was the style and me .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  quizguy Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:37 am

Yes you can get some deals out there.. I bought some Kevlar lined pants at the Motorcycle show for $90 and they are not just lined on the bum knee etc it is fully lined.. They are stylish too and I wear them out even if Im not riding. I have some fair dinkum riding pants with the removable Knee pads but on a long ride the pads are a bit uncomfortable.. my 2c

quizguy

http://www.scorpioduo.com/   http://www.triviashow.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down