Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA

+8
rolls
dhula
jaba01
Reardo
reddog
Hammy
2wheelsagain
hoonboyz
12 posters

Go down

Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA  Empty Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA

Post  hoonboyz Wed 28 Dec 2011, 3:51 am

GSX-essive
“This email is surprisingly not being sent from inside a jail,” began Bradley’s report on riding our project Suzuki GSX1250FA for the first time. “Man, that thing is strong.” Backing up a few months, we had found the GSX to be somewhat anemic in our comparison test with the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and Yamaha FZ1 (“Battle of the Super-Standards”, Aug. ‘11). Plenty comfortable for commuting, the heavy Suzuki simply ran out of steam at the top end, to the tune of more than 25 horsepower compared with the Ninja and FZ1. Kento and Bradley were using the GSX for the daily freeway grind and not much else, and that should have been the end of the story…until a reader commented that Dale Walker from Holeshot Performance had a combination of parts that more than made up that horsepower difference with little effort

Read more: http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_1201_project_suzuki_gsx1250fa/viewall.html#ixzz1hkqGDWMZ

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_1201_project_suzuki_gsx1250fa/viewall.html

All in all a good read , nothing we have not all found/read/dreamed about doing to ours ( no blackening/CF though Gus ? )
hoonboyz
hoonboyz

http://www.qfrc.org.au

Back to top Go down

Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA  Empty Re: Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 28 Dec 2011, 7:11 am

Sorry just can't see the value...........

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA  Empty Re: Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA

Post  Hammy Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:15 am

4wheelsagain wrote:Sorry just can't see the value...........

25% increase in Horse Power and handling is not " value " ? Then what is ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 28 Dec 2011, 9:28 am

For about 3k US (parts only) it might look good on paper and its probably the bike Suzuki should have built in the first place.
The trouble is its still nothing high tech compared to the two it was reviewed against.
It’s still over weight. Still relatively thirsty. First gear is still way to short.
Spend 3k US on the other bikes and they will blitz the poor Bandit.

The Bandit is a great bike in stock form but in my opinion major mods (illegal here anyway) are a waste of money.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 28 Dec 2011, 9:37 am

I know I'm going over some old ground here, but, we have to compare apples to apples and take in to consideration the the cost of each machine. I'm guessing that one could purchase a new 1250, do the mods, mentioned, and still come out in front of the competition in dollar terms. And by all that I have read, have a very fine performing bike. Plus. Do the "Gus" CF up-grades and you get the WOOOOW factor as well. Very Happy
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 28 Dec 2011, 10:00 am

Yep and thats why I said it was in my opinion Smile

The Bandit was reviewed against the other two so we are comparing the same apples.
Unfair comparo maybe but thats how it started. Wink

The B1250 even with the mods is still 20hp short of the FZ1 and something like 25hp short of the Ninja both of which weigh much less.
The DW mods give you a better Bandit but you still have a Bandit.

A new FZ1 in the US is $10,700. Why would you spend 1/3 of that (parts only) on a B1250 mod?

Old ground yes Smile cheers

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 28 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

Remember it's not all about high HP... The Bandit is all about torque. I can two up with full luggage and it has no problems. $3k is big money I agree, that's why I did mine all myself rather than buying Dale Walker kit as it's over priced. Last bit of the puzzle for me is suspension. But on the track last month I had no trouble keeping with 600's, 750's and even litre bikes. Yes the suspension is lacking and the heavy bike means you must brake earlier, but it was still fun and it's still a damn cheap bike.

I'm sure Reardo will back me up in saying once you do the Arrow headers and secondaries the bike is a different animal.

BTW the guy writing the article needs to spend more time lubing the chain. In the photo of the Cogent shick it's pretty rusty for a "new" bike
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:09 pm

Yeah. I got bored with mine only a month or so after getting it, Now it's shit loads better. It's got a top (RPM) end to play with now. cheers

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:29 am

I've done both the engine & suspension mods on my FA and it is now a different beast to ride.
At under $13g on the road new, I still believe even with the cost of the extra mods it's still good value for $.
It now goes & handles much better. It takes it from boring to a little refreshing to ride!
The people that seem to be against the concept probably need to take a spin on a modded Bandit, then you can make a trulely informed comment. Smile Smile
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:30 am

GSX1250FA @ $14990 ride away, plus $3k in parts, plus postage and exchange rate and customs of ~$1k makes for a ~$19k bike
GSX1300R @ $19990 ride away plus ~$500 to make it more ergonomic in the touring sense (bars, pegs, screen)

I got the prices from bikesales and just selected highest price so no doubt there are better deals out there

Not taking anything away from the bandit but I reckon for the extra coin the busa would be a better bet.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

dhula wrote:GSX1250FA @ $14990 ride away, plus $3k in parts, plus postage and exchange rate and customs of ~$1k makes for a ~$19k bike
GSX1300R @ $19990 ride away plus ~$500 to make it more ergonomic in the touring sense (bars, pegs, screen)

I got the prices from bikesales and just selected highest price so no doubt there are better deals out there

Not taking anything away from the bandit but I reckon for the extra coin the busa would be a better bet.

Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA  Thumbs20upbp6

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

4wheelsagain wrote:
dhula wrote:GSX1250FA @ $14990 ride away, plus $3k in parts, plus postage and exchange rate and customs of ~$1k makes for a ~$19k bike

Sport Rider Mag has " Holeshot " an FA  Thumbs20upbp6

Yes, but...

This is a Bandit forum. The Ladys and Gentlemen who are members of this forum are Bandit owners. The argument you are making might be better suited to a "What fucking bike should I buy?" forum. The men and women who contribute to this forum do so in a generally positive manner in ways such as giving tips and advice on making thier (your) Bandit more comfortable/safer/quicker/better sounding/etc.

One of the joys of owning a Bandit, be it a markI, II or III, is the vast amount of aftermarket goodies available for them. I bought my (third hand) Bandit because it was a big tourqey tourer, and I have spent a good deal of time and money making it into...... a big torquey tourer, not a pretend Hyabusa.

Woe betide the poor soul who reads that "you should leave your bike as stock, and do not even pull out the airbox snorkel, because your bike just wasn't meant to go any better than it was new". The poor soul then thinks "I don't have enough money to buy anouther bike like, say, an FZ1. As I live in a flat I don't even have enough room to park a second bike. Poor me. I think I'll just stay at home and masturbate all day."

End of tonight's drunken rant.

rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Skywardbandit Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:53 pm

[quote]
This is a Bandit forum. The Ladys and Gentlemen who are members of this forum are Bandit owners

THANK YOU ROLLS. I have mentioned this myself in different words once before.
If you want to bang on about your FZ1 go find a forum that wants to hear it.

Sorry but I don't.

Skywardbandit
Skywardbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm

Purple monkey dish washer

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:24 pm

Gee there's some sad people on this site. Rolling Eyes
Enjoy your pissing contest.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  surfacc Fri 30 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

I bought the Bandit because it was a 'relatively' cheap, easy to ride big bike that would do most things pretty well. I do not have enough time to ride the thing let alone make lots of mods to it so I leave it pretty much standard and try to ride whenever I can. I enjoy reading the 'pissing contest' discussions about who did what and why as they fill in some time late at night but in the end it matters little to me as I have plenty of other things to keep me entertained.
If a comment on here offends you or causes you to lose sleep then the answer is simple 'turn it off' - I have yet to read many comments that were aimed as personal insults and most comments are merely points for discussion, and humour, not efforts to solve world peace.
Some of us can afford other bikes, some can't, but the main thing to me is that on this Board we are here because we have, we had, we want, we need a Bandit whether they be good or great or shitty.
My end of Year rant for 2011. Have a safe and enjoyable New Year.
Mark
surfacc
surfacc

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Fri 30 Dec 2011, 9:51 am

Ok I know you can probably buy something a bit more sporty if you add up all the retail prices but if you shop around you don't need to pay retail for a lot of the stuff.
I like my old Bandit but there are other bikes I would like too. A Kawaka 1000 Ninja SX comes to mind pretty quick. ............... then by the time I put on a decent exhaust system, tweak the suspension etc, it ain't going to be a $17000 bike any more either!

So it's horses for courses I suppose............ I know what a stocker goes like & I know how my bike performs now I spent a few $ playing around with it.
I know which one I enjoy riding more. Smile
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:00 am

surfacc wrote:I bought the Bandit because it was a 'relatively' cheap, easy to ride big bike that would do most things pretty well. I do not have enough time to ride the thing let alone make lots of mods to it so I leave it pretty much standard and try to ride whenever I can. I enjoy reading the 'pissing contest' discussions about who did what and why as they fill in some time late at night but in the end it matters little to me as I have plenty of other things to keep me entertained.
If a comment on here offends you or causes you to lose sleep then the answer is simple 'turn it off' - I have yet to read many comments that were aimed as personal insults and most comments are merely points for discussion, and humour, not efforts to solve world peace.
Some of us can afford other bikes, some can't, but the main thing to me is that on this Board we are here because we have, we had, we want, we need a Bandit whether they be good or great or shitty.
Mark

I second this motion.... Hell, I have this week off and was planning on doing some riding but every time I get ready to go the wife and kids want me for something else. I haven't got time to spend modding the bandit. I bought it because it makes for a great commuter/weekend riding combination. If anyone wants to tell me its worth modifying then I simply ask you.

What would you prefer, to spend more time with your young family or waste it on a bike you won't have in 10 years time....
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Fri 30 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm

surfacc wrote:I bought the Bandit because it was a 'relatively' cheap, easy to ride big bike that would do most things pretty well. I do not have enough time to ride the thing let alone make lots of mods to it so I leave it pretty much standard and try to ride whenever I can. I enjoy reading the 'pissing contest' discussions about who did what and why as they fill in some time late at night but in the end it matters little to me as I have plenty of other things to keep me entertained.
Mark
You call that rant, your soft Very Happy

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

so the washed burgundy gorilla did the dishes?

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down