Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar Risers and new rear shock

5 posters

Go down

Bar Risers and new rear shock Empty Bar Risers and new rear shock

Post  reddog Fri 28 Oct 2011, 11:43 pm

Fitted ROX 2" bar risers, made a bracket to hold the ignition and moved the instrument back close to 1cm so I can see it over the bars. Bike feels great now.
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2877
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2878
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2876

Also received a 2007 GSXR 1000 rear shock from Fleabay. The shock is around 6-7mm shorter than the stock Bandit unit. Here's some pics of the work so far:

Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2860
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2861
6-7mm difference
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2869

Rear linkage removed after 30000kms. I cleaned it with kero and regreased all bearings. Should have the shock fitted tomorrow hopefully.
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2874
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2872

All clean and ready toi reinstall
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2881

reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Bar Risers and new rear shock Empty bar risers and a new rear shock

Post  paul Sat 29 Oct 2011, 12:18 am

neat job on the risers reddog /be interesting to see how the shock goes .I can only admire your taste in beer , good choice . cheers

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Bar Risers and new rear shock Empty Re: Bar Risers and new rear shock

Post  rolls Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:24 pm

Hi reddog, you will need to put in a couple of mm of washers / spacers for the dogbones as the gixxer shock is a little wider than the std bandit unit. All of the threads on the pommie bandit site say to put in 4mm, but I put in 2mm on each side and there was plenty of clearance.

When it was first in I set the sag and then initially set the rebound and damping to mid point, but now is four clicks from least for compression and six clicks from least for damping.

How much did it cost you?
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Rolls ,any idea what years (gsxr )will fit the bandit .Well can be adapted to fit like Reddogs .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 29 Oct 2011, 9:54 pm

Epic fail on the GSXR shock the shock reservoir fouls on the ABS unit, I'd say others who have had success have non ABS bandits. Will probably donate it to my mate who has anold gen 1 Bandit with a pretty stuffed stock shock.

The bar risers are still good though and I got to grease up all the suspension roller bearings so all in all not a total waste, plus the new dog bones raise the bike 35mm and she turns in much quicker now.

Will keep an eye out for a shock with a remote reservoir.

BTW the shock was $130 delivered from the states and it was in pretty reasonable nick from a mob called Sportsbikeparts2u which I have used before to rebuild a mates R1.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Bar Risers and new rear shock Empty bar risers

Post  OLDANNAKED Sun 30 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

reddog wrote:Fitted ROX 2" bar risers, made a bracket to hold the ignition and moved the instrument back close to 1cm so I can see it over the bars. Bike feels great now.
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2877
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2878
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2876

Also received a 2007 GSXR 1000 rear shock from Fleabay. The shock is around 6-7mm shorter than the stock Bandit unit. Here's some pics of the work so far:

Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2860
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2861
6-7mm difference
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2869

Rear linkage removed after 30000kms. I cleaned it with kero and regreased all bearings. Should have the shock fitted tomorrow hopefully.
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2874
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2872

All clean and ready toi reinstall
Bar Risers and new rear shock IMG_2881

You are a legend , I have been looking for a riser for the bandit as I have been copping a sore back and arms and needed the bars bought back towards me a couple of inches the Rox adjusters look just the thing so I ordered me a set, will let you know if they make a difference, thanks again.
OLDANNAKED
OLDANNAKED

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Seeing i lowered the battery i thought i was out as well . Looking though ,there seems room even with the battery in that place .Does the ABS unite
completly fill that tray area?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Sun 30 Oct 2011, 9:52 pm

gus wrote:Rolls ,any idea what years (gsxr )will fit the bandit .Well can be adapted to fit like Reddogs .

Hi Gus, I'm away from home for 2 weeks, so I don't have my notes with me. 07-08 will definately fit and 05-06 will not fit. I'm not sure of other years. From memory GSF Mk1 is only 306mm, Mk2 &Mk3 are 320mm long. Hyabusa and cbr600 will fit, but I'm not sure of what years.

I'm in Tumby Bay, SA at the moment and missing my bandit. I've been offered a GN250 powerhouse if the withdrawls are too much. Somehow, I don't think I'll ever need to use it.

EDIT: I just remembered this post.........
pommie bandit site.
rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:36 am

@Gus: Yeah the ABS unit uses all the sapce underneath the battery. It's also something you can;t move easily as all the hard brake lines would have to be re-run. Too much hard work, it'll be less a waste of time just picking up a shock that'll suit with a remote reservoir
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down