Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for Tassie residents

2 posters

Go down

Questions for Tassie residents Empty Questions for Tassie residents

Post  madmax Mon 24 Oct 2011, 8:24 am

A couple of mates and I are planning a ride around Tassie in December. Last night we we're discussing the trip and a question came up.
Can you park your bike on the footpath like you can in Vic?
We search through the Tassie legislation but could not find a definitive answer.

The other question relates to one of the guys being on his 'L's.
In Victoria he can do the speed limit. In Tasmania L platers are restricted to 80ks.

My understanding is you must follow the rules of the state you are visiting. My mate thinks because he got his licence in Vic he should be right to ride at 100k?
madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Questions for Tassie residents Empty Re: Questions for Tassie residents

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 24 Oct 2011, 8:31 am

madmax wrote:A couple of mates and I are planning a ride around Tassie in December. Last night we we're discussing the trip and a question came up.
Can you park your bike on the footpath like you can in Vic?
We search through the Tassie legislation but could not find a definitive answer.

The other question relates to one of the guys being on his 'L's.
In Victoria he can do the speed limit. In Tasmania L platers are restricted to 80ks.

My understanding is you must follow the rules of the state you are visiting. My mate thinks because he got his licence in Vic he should be right to ride at 100k?

Your mate can do 100. Vic is the only state where you can park on the footpath but having said that Tassie is very bike friendly and in a lot of small towns it's "permitted". Just do what others do.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down