Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monaro Point to Point Cameras

+5
Bhoffo
Ewok1958
gus
mtbeerwah
2wheelsagain
9 posters

Go down

Monaro Point to Point Cameras Empty Monaro Point to Point Cameras

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:32 am

A mate of mine has just returned from a week in Canberra where through a mate of a mate finished up having dinner with the regional "safety camera" manager.

My mate was told the point to point cameras on the Monaro Hwy were only recording heavy vehicles as a test and had not been calibrated for cars and bikes (yet). Can this be true? Does anyone know a car or bike thats been pinged via these on the Monaro?
Its true I'm passing on second hand info but it could take the stress out of a Monaro ride for a while Smile And we should all be happy with that cheers

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Monaro Point to Point Cameras Empty Re: Monaro Point to Point Cameras

Post  mtbeerwah Mon 10 Oct 2011, 12:10 pm

I don`t trust the government,period. I can`t answer your question. But i`d like to give a heads up for the people who travel from Bris to S/S coast . I`m guessing most would be aware of the cameras, which from media reports say at the moment they`re just fixed cameras,but will be point to point near the end of the year. Now the first one going north is at the overpass at the Mobil Garage 20km south of Caloundra turn off,and the next inline is 16km after that, meaning 4km south of Caloundra turn off heading north. They stand out like dogs balls so you can`t miss them. Anyway easy way to avoid the point to point when it comes on line is go around the first camera by taking the Mobil Garage exit but then come straight back on to the highway.Takes a hole of 15seconds, and then you can`t get screwed by the fascist system we live in.But slow down for the last one incase they still operate as fixed aswell.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 10 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

I thought they were operational now .Easiest way to avoid them is go the scenic way .Or should i say Steve Erwin Way .

I dont trust any cameras .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 4:54 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:A mate of mine has just returned from a week in Canberra where through a mate of a mate finished up having dinner with the regional "safety camera" manager.

My mate was told the point to point cameras on the Monaro Hwy were only recording heavy vehicles as a test and had not been calibrated for cars and bikes (yet). Can this be true? Does anyone know a car or bike thats been pinged via these on the Monaro?
Its true I'm passing on second hand info but it could take the stress out of a Monaro ride for a while Smile And we should all be happy with that cheers

Might be something in what you say 2WA - the signs they have temporarily up near the cameras say "truck speed checked". Could be the literal truth. Don't wish to find out the hard way though. I suspect the local Cooma papers have answered this issue though.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:38 pm

I thought the cameras on the M4 near Cumberland road overpass were meant to have been removed after a recent study by some Gov't dep't... they are still there with 'camera' warning signs. I don't trust them to be 'turned off' or any others for that matter... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 10 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

The cameras on the M4 will be switched off. But in good time. i think they are in no rush to turn them off.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Mon 10 Oct 2011, 7:22 pm

speed cameras don't save lives sadly....

However, if the money they raised was spent on fixing our roads then that would save lives...
chips
chips

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 10 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

Speed cameras save lives and that is the truth I tells ya.

Pays for all those politicians to have drivers that are trained in advanced driving techniques and so takes them stupid fuckers off the road when they are pissed, stoned, too tired to drive cause they have been wnaking each other in parliament

and therefore saves the lives of those that they drive past.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Fentanyl Tue 11 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

They don't need the cameras on the Gold Coast now because they have a $1.5M (for 6 months) helicopter to catch speeders. Just think though, a B206 or 407 like what they are using, costs upward of $2000 per hour to operate. How much must they be making in fines to justify that sort of outlay?? our Bligh tax dollars at work. Mad

Al Fentanyl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down