Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part of the Family

2 posters

Go down

Part of the Family Empty Part of the Family

Post  paul Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:58 pm

As I was putting on my riding boots today it occurred to me I`d had them so long they had almost become part of the family with every one so used to seeing them laying around .While on my ride later I was trying to remember when I got them & worked it out that I`d had them for about 17 years & must have worn them for at least 150,000 km . I sometimes wear sneakers in the hot weather so this is approx. they have been resoled once & apart from a dose of shoe polish to preserve & waterproof them every now & then they are the same boots Mr Rossi made me all those years ago & still going strong .( and they fit me like an old pair of boots Laughing )they are`nt brittle & the stitching is fine so don`t see the point in new ones . Any one else got something similar you can`t part with ?

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Part of the Family Empty Re: Part of the Family

Post  dhula Tue 04 Oct 2011, 1:25 am

I still have a few things like that and can recall the exact day I got them which is probably a bit sad I reckon. They aren't riding related tho so does that count.

I've also got a stuffed toy that was given to me when I was 3 or 4 and it's still with me. Definatly part of the family that guy.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Part of the Family Empty re pargt of the family

Post  paul Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:13 pm

dhula wrote:I still have a few things like that and can recall the exact day I got them which is probably a bit sad I reckon. They aren't riding related tho so does that count.

I've also got a stuffed toy that was given to me when I was 3 or 4 and it's still with me. Definatly part of the family that guy.

you ride bikes so I guess that counts / did you live through the sixties & still remember stuff from then ? or as they say if you can remember the sixties you weren`t really there Razz my missus has a nude teddy with no hair left on it from her childhood which is starting to look better than me these days so I`m hoping I wont be made redundant in the near future & delegated to the top of the wardrobe in a plastic bag ! lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Part of the Family Empty Re: Part of the Family

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down