Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washed the bike and now running a bit off?

4 posters

Go down

Washed the bike and now running a bit off? Empty Washed the bike and now running a bit off?

Post  DaveA1963 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

G'day gurus,

I got back from a trip to Alice Springs yesterday 'arvo and thought I'd be a good boy and wash the bike whilst the bugs were still fresh. I did this with the tried n' true bucket-and-hose method and gave it a thorough rinse between each section I washed.

All copacetic until I rode it. Now, when I'm sitting on a constant speed (say, 60 in 3rd or 4th), it's almost like it's missing, but I don't think it is. Power seems fine, but if anything, the throttle seems a bit more sensitive? Almost like it's suddenly surging a bit?

If I've got water in, where would I check? If I've bumped a connector, which one(s) should I be checking?

TIA

2011 Bandit 1250SA
DaveA1963
DaveA1963

Back to top Go down

Washed the bike and now running a bit off? Empty Re: Washed the bike and now running a bit off?

Post  moto1 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 2:55 pm

have you done an air box mod ? if so maybe water has seeped through the air filter.
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Washed the bike and now running a bit off? Empty Re: Washed the bike and now running a bit off?

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

I’m sure this will be no help but my bike has had several drenching under the clouds and hose. Rain even stopped the speedo pick up working once.
All that has never seemed to effect it (touch wood). I usually wash mine with a pump bottle around the engine though. The hose is ok on the screen and front of the bike.

My suggestion is to pull the plugs and make sure they are ok and leads are seated properly and not shorting on something.

While you have the tank off you may as well pull the air filter out and make sure its clean. Surely you don’t need Gus’s fuel pump fix yet!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

Try pulling the plug caps up of the plugs and give the area a spray with air then wd40.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveA1963 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses!

Nah, I haven't done the air box mod.... but that sounds interesting!

I'm getting her serviced next week (Wow! One month old & 6,000 k's already?), so if it's still not right, I'll get them to check her over. I've got another 650 k's to do before next Wednesday, so a good long run on Friday will hopefully dry out anything that's wet. Of course, I could get off my fat, cellulite arse and check the plugs..... Very Happy

I'll also give some feedback on a few goodies such as the MRA Vario screen (excellent!) & the Andy Strapz Expedition Panniers (friggin' awesome!) over the next couple of days.

Take care & keep 'em shiny side up!

2011 Bandit 1250SA
DaveA1963
DaveA1963

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down