Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best way to access lower windscreen screws?

+2
Reardo
Jetpilot5
6 posters

Go down

Best way to access lower windscreen screws? Empty Best way to access lower windscreen screws?

Post  Jetpilot5 Sun 29 May 2011, 2:10 pm

Hi,

New to the forum with a 2011 GSX1250FA that's a week old. Only a couple hundred miles on her so far and very pleased.

Couple quick questions. My windscreen rattles at certain rpm's and it's loose at the bottom, there are two well nuts shown on the parts fiche that attach the lower screen. Would tightening the well nuts cure the rattle problem and if it would, what's the best way to access them? I'm talking about #12 and #13 in the picture. Don't know if it's best to pull the inner dash trim or wait till I have the lowers off for the first oil change and try and go up from below behind the headlight.

Thought this might be a good place to ask as this model is new to the US so not many here have had one apart yet.

Thanks for the help!

Best way to access lower windscreen screws? Windscreen
Jetpilot5
Jetpilot5

Back to top Go down

Best way to access lower windscreen screws? Empty Re: Best way to access lower windscreen screws?

Post  Reardo Sun 29 May 2011, 4:12 pm

Not sure how to fix your ratlles but a tinted screen like mine would look awesome with the all black FA.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Best way to access lower windscreen screws? Empty Re: Best way to access lower windscreen screws?

Post  dhula Sun 29 May 2011, 5:02 pm

to access the lower mounting bolts you'll most likely need to take the gauge cluster out and they will in behind that.
Can't say with any authority as I've never done it on a GSX1250FA but that is what needs to happen for the half faired version so presume it to be the same.
I'm sure a GSX1250FA owner will chime in soon

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 29 May 2011, 5:52 pm

I've done it twice on the 1250s by removing the instrument cluster. One of the wellnuts wasn't inserted properly when it came from the dealer. However, it didn't rattle - or else I didn't notice. I was accessing the nuts to change the screen.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetpilot5 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

Got this issue taken care of today. I had the lowers off for the first time to do the break in oil change and while it was apart removed the gages and inner dash panel and found that there were no screws at all holding the lower screen. Missing from the factory I would guess as there was no evidence that they were ever there. My local Suzuki shop didn't have the well nuts and screws in stock but a quick trip to the hardware store and I had it firmly attached.

Also, it winds up that the windscreen wasn't my rattle. After the fix I fired it up and revved it a few times and the rattle was still there. I found a thick tie wrap that was about 3 inches too long laying up against the side of the engine that could have been it so I trimmed it back. I also made sure the front turn signal wires were tucked in well after putting the lowers back on. Could have been the turn signal wire rattling against the inside of the fairing. Either way, it's gone now.

BTW, getting the dash and gage package in and out wasn't too bad, getting the right side lower fairing back on was a PITA. Evil or Very Mad
Jetpilot5
Jetpilot5

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 7:57 pm

The more you pull the lowers off the easier gets!
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Fri 10 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

How are the lowers going with the new headers?
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  jaba01 Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

Just sizzlingly well thank you.

It's got some snott now......... it'll point the front end towards the sky quite easierly!

I'm going to pull off the lowers tomorrow & add some extra tape here & there to give it a bit more protection.
affraid
jaba01
jaba01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down