Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its back again

3 posters

Go down

Its back again  Empty Its back again

Post  Cameron Wed 04 May 2011, 6:02 pm

So i noticed the other day that my staintune exhaust has the stain reappearing.
This time only on the tip.

Late last year a brown stain appeared all over the pipe. i sent it back to them and they polished it free of charge. i was very happy with it. its been going strong until now. After the ride on sunday i had a good look at the bike before i started the much needed detail. im going to email them tonight and see what they say. I will keep you all posted.

Im thinking they might not have polished that part of the pipe, due to it being a difficult spot to get to. maybe thats why its only come back it that little section. ill keep a good eye on it to make sure it doesnt appear in any other spot.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Its back again  Empty Re: Its back again

Post  b12mick Thu 05 May 2011, 11:11 am

I think I've just noticed what the problem is.....

After the ride on sunday i had a good look at the bike before i started the much needed detail.

If you didn't wash it you wouldn't see. As everyone knows "The heart doesn't grieve over what the eyes don't see".

But keep an eye on it and if it gets worse get them to sort it out...
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 05 May 2011, 6:40 pm

Well after looking at in in some light, its also appeared down where the pipe meets the cat.
I sent off the email yesturday. no reply as yet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Sat 07 May 2011, 7:22 pm

Hi Cameron - slightly OT but just wondering if you run your Staintune with the restrictor in or out ?

Not that it would effect the problem you're having but I've put a Staintune on and with the restrictor in it made a weird farting/rattling type noise when the throttle was closed so I rode over to the factory and they changed it for a new restrictor which sounded OK but by the time I got home the aforementioned noise was back so the restrictor has been removed.

Sounds OK with no restrictor but I'm worried it may be illegal ( 90dB with no restrictor )

I'm wishing now I'd left it stock.

PS Pairs blocked off so not related to that.

Hope you get satisfaction with your staining issue, pretty dissapointing when you pay big bucks for a supposedly top shelf product - I'm thinking they're a bit over rated.

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 08 May 2011, 4:43 pm

I dont have the restrictor in. And ive never riden it with it in. I love the staintune. I dont regret buying it. i think i just got a dud. ive never ever seen another one do the same thing. staintune say im only the 6th person over to complain about it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Sun 08 May 2011, 9:03 pm

Glad you're happy with the pipe. I'll ditch the restrictor as it seems better without it and not too loud. If I ever get the chance I'll get someone to ride it so I can hear what it's like.

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 09 May 2011, 6:03 pm

I got my reply.
They where very suprised to hear that it came back. They have never heard of it coming back once its been repolished.
I have to send them some photos so they can see what it looks like this time, and they will arrange to get it fixed...again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down