Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re Introduction and a bit of history

+6
Chook
reddog
truck
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
paul
10 posters

Go down

Re Introduction and a bit of history Empty Re Introduction and a bit of history

Post  Cameron Wed 01 Feb 2017, 9:01 am

Hey guys. 

Ive been gone for a while and havnt had much to do with this forum in the past couple of years. Mainly due to being so busy and not owning a bandit anymore. However im going to start getting more involved again. 

There are many new members here and its good to see the forum going strong. So i thought id re introduce myself for the new members. 

Name is Cameron. I was the one that started this forum many years ago. I purchased a new Bandit 1250 in 2009. There was nothing in the way of Australian forum for bandit owners. So i thought id start my own. I never thought it would take off like it did. I thought it would get a few local NSW members but never really take off. Hence why the forum was originally called NSW Bandits. We ended up changing it to Suzuki Bandits Australia as we had so much interest from other states. 

At the start we group rides every couple of months which was fantastic. Doesnt happy that much anymore, which i do plan to change. Alot of the original members dont have bandits anymore which is part of the reason. But it doesnt matter what you ride. Everybody is welcome. 

I now own a CB1300. Which will be sold soon. As you might have read i cant afford the $1400 rego on the thing. So im looking around for something like a GSXR 750 or 1100 to put on Historic rego. I also have a KTM EXC 200 2 stroke. And a CBR600rr for the road/track. 

So keep an eye out in the rides section for more Sydney based rides. Lets see if we can get a monthly meet going. 

Cheers, Cameron

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re Introduction and a bit of history Empty Re: Re Introduction and a bit of history

Post  paul Wed 01 Feb 2017, 9:47 am

Re Introduction and a bit of history Downlo10

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Re Introduction and a bit of history Empty Re: Re Introduction and a bit of history

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 01 Feb 2017, 10:39 am

Welcome back Cam. Good luck with the update.  cheers cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 01 Feb 2017, 11:18 am

Cameron wrote:

Cheers, Cameron

Didn't I ban you?
lol! Re Introduction and a bit of history 959052286

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Wed 01 Feb 2017, 9:23 pm

Welcome back Young fella!!
I was wondering the other day how your red 2 door project car was going . . .
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 01 Feb 2017, 11:29 pm

Welcme back @Cameron you missed out on an awesome weekend at the superbikes for the 2016 meet last year mate.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 02 Feb 2017, 7:02 am

Welcome back Cam, when I joined you were still around a bit, since then I've met quite a few members in Parkes, Edenhope and the 2016 WSBK's, looking forward to catching up with you @ Eastern Creek in March
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 02 Feb 2017, 8:03 am

The project car hasnt had much work done over the past year. However i am moving it this weekend from where it has been living to my house. So progress will be made. Will update the thread on it soon.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chalkie Tue 07 Feb 2017, 6:15 pm

Welcome back - I'm a newbie and very grateful for your starting the forum.
Chalkie
Chalkie

Back to top Go down

Re Introduction and a bit of history Empty Welcome Back Cam!

Post  SIXTHSENSE Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:27 pm

Great to see you back on the Bandit Forum Cam and a big thank you for starting the forum in the first place.

I have a 2009 GSF1250SA ABS, and like you back in 2012 I am experiencing the exact same issues relative to the ABS Pump and no pressure through to the rear brake caliper.

I have read your posts on this matter but did not come across a final resolution on how you fixed the problem. 

Perhaps you, or one of our Bandit members could enlighten me to the "fix". 

The Suzuki dealer has quoted a new ABS Pump replacement (Part Number: 55610-18H01) with a cost of $1,977.80 (Ex-Japan).

This cost is out of the question at this point in time.

Again, welcome back!

Regards,
Steve

SIXTHSENSE

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:18 pm

After last weekend's stuntman display I hope you can remember where you live and the forum passwords if ever you need them Cam Re Introduction and a bit of history 959052286 Re Introduction and a bit of history 879736519

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 29 Aug 2017, 8:18 pm

SIXTHSENSE wrote:Great to see you back on the Bandit Forum Cam and a big thank you for starting the forum in the first place.

I have a 2009 GSF1250SA ABS, and like you back in 2012 I am experiencing the exact same issues relative to the ABS Pump and no pressure through to the rear brake caliper.

I have read your posts on this matter but did not come across a final resolution on how you fixed the problem. 

Perhaps you, or one of our Bandit members could enlighten me to the "fix". 

The Suzuki dealer has quoted a new ABS Pump replacement (Part Number: 55610-18H01) with a cost of $1,977.80 (Ex-Japan).

This cost is out of the question at this point in time.

Again, welcome back!

Regards,
Steve

The rear doesn't need abs. Bypass the abs pump and happy days. The front is handy though. Btw you didn't mention how this happened and how you have tried fixing it. I've got a Mityvac that I've used in the past without any issues on my abs bandit
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  bonester Tue 29 Aug 2017, 10:12 pm

Cameron wrote:
I now own a CB1300. Which will be sold soon. As you might have read i cant afford the $1400 rego on the thing. So im looking around for something like a GSXR 750 or 1100 to put on Historic rego. I also have a KTM EXC 200 2 stroke. And a CBR600rr for the road/track. 

Ow! Remind me to move to NSW. I did just buy a 1200 Moto Guzzi from NSW and the previous owner told me he paid $1k a year for rego. Nasty. Here in QLD we pay around $300 for single seat and around $500 for dual irregardless of engine size. I hope we don't follow your lead! (rego has gone up heaps in the last few years.) Sad

bonester

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down