Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRA Vario Touring Screen

+8
tcrulz
Reardo
gus
reddog
Mpottsy
Fossil
kewwig
Baz
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen Empty MRA Vario Touring Screen

Post  Baz Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:31 pm

I bought a MRA VArio Touring screen and while I have no pics just yet (need to clean the bike and take some for the calendar as well) I can say if you want to stop wind buffeting then this screen will do it, yet you can dial in some wind if you still want it.
I still get noise in my helmet though especially my right ear ... I'll be deaf very soon, I even got an MP3 player with noise cancelling earphones which work ok but then I still have music blaring in my ear .. going deaf with a beat.
After Easter I'll post up some pics and report more after more experimentation

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen Empty Re: MRA Vario Touring Screen

Post  kewwig Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:15 pm

I have one that is absolutely fantastic. I am 6' and it's as good as it gets.

screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen Pollyp11
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossil Fri 22 Apr 2011, 12:25 am

I have one too - quality bit of kit that actually works.

Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Sun 24 Apr 2011, 8:52 pm

I have been looking at these along with heated grips now that winter is starting to creep up on us. Also being 6'1" wind is an issue at speed.

Scorpion Pipe
Givi Set with Admore Lights
Garmin Zumo 660
DW Stage 2 with Secondaryectomy
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sun 24 Apr 2011, 9:49 pm

They are good and I also use the Oxford Sport heated grips, which are magic in the cold Wellington winters!

screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen Pollyp12
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 24 Apr 2011, 10:02 pm

Where from and what price? Looks like a good idea
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Mon 25 Apr 2011, 6:16 am

reddog wrote:Where from and what price? Looks like a good idea

I am from NZ, so you probably won't be shopping here. Most dealers will stock them. I paid NZD$109 for them.

http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/products/389-road/3564-oxford_sports_hot_grips.aspx

They come with fittings to go straight to the battery, but don't. In theory they turn off when the battery voltage gets low, but a mate did that with his V Strom, left them on and it flattened the battery. It also means kids can turn them on when the bike is parked (my little boy is attracted to buttons - the more damaging the better).

Run them through a relay. I take the switching feed from the taillight circuit as it's physically close to where I have the relays etc.

The grips are good quality and the controller comes with a mounting bracket that all looks like it is supposed to be on the bike. Well worth it over this way, but I can't imagine you'd have a lot of need in WA.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 25 Apr 2011, 8:30 am

You blokes and your "add ons " Razz I give you a toggle switch H-Off-Low .I know not big enough. Laughing Laughing Laughing
screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen IMG_1964
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Mon 25 Apr 2011, 6:33 pm

gus wrote:You blokes and your "add ons " Razz I give you a toggle switch H-Off-Low .I know not big enough. Laughing Laughing Laughing
screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen IMG_1964

Sorry, to make the bling test, it must at least be accompanied by a series of coloured lights and a sign saying what it is and what it does!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 25 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

...and the screen?

I have a set of heated grips to put on, the stick on type. I just haven;t got around to pulling off the stock grips and having a crack at fitting them. You'd be surprised how cold it gets in the southwest. I remember coming through Waroona and heading to Dwellingup last year. I had thermals, balaclava, two shirt, my bike jacket with the liner and I seriously could not feel my face or hands. I actually got an icecream head ache and had to slow down as the wind chill was so bad.

Stoppping for fuel was interesting as my knees hadn't quite thawed out. Ended up buying something hot to eat just to warm me up.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 26 Apr 2011, 6:49 pm

The screen came fitted to my bike. The previous owner used to work for Suzuki and this was the genuine Suzuki accessory which in NZ was around $400. The MRA Vario without the Suzuki label is available at http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1782/584/ for USD$149.99. No way I'd buy the genuine Suzuki one at the price Suzuki charge!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

Here's one from the BBC NZ archieves lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 26 Apr 2011, 7:40 pm

Peter Jackson, eat your heart out. Since I filmed that I have added some adjustable black levers, added the later model Scottoiler tip and bracket, added the factory gel seat, Kisantech rear brake flasher and taken the bike to Dale Walker Stage II. A magnificent obsession that happens to be my daily ride as well. No Saturday morning fine day girl this one!
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 27 Apr 2011, 7:24 pm

I can definitely say I like it, it really does cut down the wind blast especially noticeable at 130 k/hr ... not that I've ever ridden at those speeds, I just imagine what it would be like at 130 ... OK
screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen 146_1
screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen 148_1
screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen 152_1-1

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Wed 27 Apr 2011, 7:43 pm

Baz wrote:I can definitely say I like it, it really does cut down the wind blast especially noticeable at 130 k/hr ... not that I've ever ridden at those speeds, I just imagine what it would be like at 130 ... OK

My mind is made up. Im ordering the MRA vario heated oxford grips and barkbusters. (the ride home on monday from Bathurst was the real decider)

One quick question Baz, where did you get the wing mirror extenders from???

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

Blocks: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSF600-GSF650-GSF1200-GSF1250-Mirror-Extenders-Spacers-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b9e9a5acQQitemZ170622821804QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_921wt_1165

Adjustable extenders:
http://www.motorradgarage.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38_52&products_id=362&osCsid=1bd9fdf738533c32ce648f3da15cfc3d
($89 AUD which is excessive)

New style adjustable extenders from Metrick Metal:
http://shop.metrickmetal.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=89 ($US65)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 27 Apr 2011, 8:07 pm

I should have said it cost me $254 from the importer PROACCESSORIES.
The mirror extenders I got a long time ago and I think it was from RATEDRPARTS who have a store on Ebay.

the ones from motoradgarage are the SW-Motech type and I had a pair but the colour faded very quickly

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Thu 28 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

Baz wrote:I should have said it cost me $254 from the importer PROACCESSORIES.
The mirror extenders I got a long time ago and I think it was from RATEDRPARTS who have a store on Ebay.

the ones from motoradgarage are the SW-Motech type and I had a pair but the colour faded very quickly

I have the SW Motech ones. They have a great range of adjustment, but I needed file the innards a little to fit them. They have never faded, but my bike is always parked under cover and the sun here isn't as harsh. The Metrick Metal ones look good. I am hoping someone is going to make some billet adapters to allow fitting of the GSXR750 mirrors with the integrated indicators. (Hint hint.)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 28 Apr 2011, 6:42 pm

kewwig wrote:
I am hoping someone is going to make some billet adapters to allow fitting of the GSXR750 mirrors with the integrated indicators. (Hint hint.)

Gee, if anyone built something like that for an FA at least, I'd buy a set .. no worries mate Smile

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:19 pm

kewwig wrote: I am hoping someone is going to make some billet adapters to allow fitting of the GSXR750 mirrors with the integrated indicators. (Hint hint.)

Now that would be something to look out for....

I think that there might be a small business venture there and I know just the guy who might be able to help out. Give me a couple of weeks when I am back in Sydney and i will look into it. There would have to be some modifications to the Bandit by the look of the mirrors to enable feeding the wires through the fairing? you would also need to add connections into the existing wiring for the extra or remove the stock indicator and use the existing indicator connectors.

Last edited by Mpottsy on Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional text added)

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Fri 29 Apr 2011, 9:35 pm

Mpottsy wrote:
kewwig wrote: I am hoping someone is going to make some billet adapters to allow fitting of the GSXR750 mirrors with the integrated indicators. (Hint hint.)

Now that would be something to look out for....

I think that there might be a small business venture there and I know just the guy who might be able to help out. Give me a couple of weeks when I am back in Sydney and i will look into it. There would have to be some modifications to the Bandit by the look of the mirrors to enable feeding the wires through the fairing? you would also need to add connections into the existing wiring for the extra or remove the stock indicator and use the existing indicator connectors.

Wiring's easy. Getting a black alloy or delrin block would be magic
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Fri 29 Apr 2011, 10:06 pm

kewwig wrote:Wiring's easy. Getting a black alloy or delrin block would be magic

Might have to make do with standard Ally block either powder coated or just old fashioned painted.

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Sun 01 May 2011, 3:57 pm

Mpottsy wrote:
kewwig wrote:Wiring's easy. Getting a black alloy or delrin block would be magic

Might have to make do with standard Ally block either powder coated or just old fashioned painted.

cheers Okay people some very happy news. I called into a mates garage ( just motorcycles) here in the UK and he happened to have a GSXR 750 and a Bandit in the shop. We checked the mirrors on both bikes and TAH DAH the fixing screws are the same. He also mentioned that there are already spacers available for the GSXR 750 with hole for the cabling. A quick cheek on eBay and there they were Black delrin spaces 1" bounce bounce bounce

Oh and he also did me a great price on some Oxford heated grips $75 cyclops

Scorpion Pipe
Garmin Zumo 660
MRA Vario Screen
Oxford Grips
VCM Seat

HID conversion
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sun 01 May 2011, 7:33 pm

Mpottsy wrote:
Mpottsy wrote:

cheers Okay people some very happy news. I called into a mates garage ( just motorcycles) here in the UK and he happened to have a GSXR 750 and a Bandit in the shop. We checked the mirrors on both bikes and TAH DAH the fixing screws are the same. He also mentioned that there are already spacers available for the GSXR 750 with hole for the cabling. A quick cheek on eBay and there they were Black delrin spaces 1" bounce bounce bounce

Oh and he also did me a great price on some Oxford heated grips $75 cyclops

I understand they bolt on, but the angles are all wrong, so an adapter is needed to make them fit. They will bolt straight on but I gather you can't see anything! I haven't tried any to see. Would the ones you saw bolt straight across and did they have the LEDs?

From what I can see on line, the earlier GSXR indicators may have fitted, but they don't have LEDs. The LED ones from 2005 onwards have a real right angle bend on them. I have copied some generic images from the net, with the Bandit mirrors on the lower right:

screen - MRA Vario Touring Screen Mirror10
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  tcrulz Wed 18 May 2011, 6:46 pm

Hope I'm not hijacking this site back to talking about 'MRA Vario Spoiler' but has anyone 6'4" or above tried this to see if it works. Standard screen directs air at chest level and above. Eagle split touring screen directs it straight at and under my helmet. Looking for a better solution and hoping this is it. Find the turbulance is better with the screen completely removed!

Please help the big bloke. Laughing
tcrulz
tcrulz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next