Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRA Vario Screen

5 posters

Go down

MRA Vario Screen Empty MRA Vario Screen

Post  Hammy Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:24 am

I'm a big fan of MRA screens. Top quality and finish. Up to oem standards

I just got myself a new MRA Vario screen for me Bird. A bit xy and hard to come by. Got mine through pommy ebay. $300 delivered. I had an MRA on the 1250 but it was a standard size one. Tinted.  The Vario has the added deflector on the top of the screen. Adjustable to numerous positions. Guys on another site swear by them, even at high speed. Not sure if anyone on here has one on their Bandit. But if so, would be interested to hear feedback. I will give some feedback when I get a chance to give it some good miles.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

MRA Vario Screen Empty Re: MRA Vario Screen

Post  barry_mcki Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:37 am

Yep, put one on mine a while back, this was my third screen (original then a Double Bubble).  Found that with my height, the Holeshot Corbin seat, and standard pegs, there was no wind buffeting at all either to the chest or helmet.  However I reckon the wind noise is greater, but I'm about to experiment with some earbuds that should block the excess noise.  Think I got mine from Twisted Throttle in the US, can't remember the price.

MRA Vario Screen Img_2711

MRA Vario Screen Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Fri 13 Jun 2014, 2:24 pm

Yip, that's her Baz. I emailed Twisted Throttle. They said 5-6 weeks. So I went with the slightly dearer, but in stock supplier. Keen to try it out.

Did you have that one on at Cowra Barry ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:13 pm

I have one on my K8 S model that is branded OEM Suzuki and came as an option here in NZ.  I am 6' - no buffeting, good quality, no need to mess about.  Well recommended
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:54 am

Hammy wrote:Did you have that one on at Cowra Barry ?

Yep
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  SVDon Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:28 am

barry_mcki wrote:Yep, put one on mine a while back, this was my third screen (original then a Double Bubble).  Found that with my height, the Holeshot Corbin seat, and standard pegs, there was no wind buffeting at all either to the chest or helmet.  However I reckon the wind noise is greater, but I'm about to experiment with some earbuds that should block the excess noise.  Think I got mine from Twisted Throttle in the US, can't remember the price.

MRA Vario Screen Img_2711

Are those mirror mount extenders on there?  If so,  what kind, and are you happy with them?  Also, love your handguards,  details on them?
SVDon
SVDon

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 25 Jul 2014, 1:05 pm

The mirror extenders are from Metrick Metal (MM) in the USA, bit pricey but they're well made.  He has two types now, 1" and 1.5", mine are the 1".  I liked the MM better than the standard block extenders I used to have as they give a lot more range of movement (i.e. you can lower the mirrors without loosing their max length.  If you have the block type you can add these to them for even longer reach (if you use slightly longer bolts), however I found I didn't need them.

The handlebar guards are from a V Strom (you will need a full DL650 set and a left DL1000 for the best setup).  There is a bit of info scattered around the forum and TWT but check out Kewwigs Blog for the best details on part numbers.  They're not too expensive from Suzuki.  I've added the stick on amber LEDs and wired them into the indicators, check this link to see how I've got them to fit on.  BTW, the guards come unpainted from the factory, I think they look better with a bit of colour on them.

MRA Vario Screen Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  SVDon Fri 25 Jul 2014, 11:45 pm

Thanks for all the info! I appreciate it - looks like those extender blocks and handgrips are in my future.  Smile
SVDon
SVDon

Back to top Go down

Post  pdrider Sat 26 Jul 2014, 4:32 pm

Bit late on this, but I have a MRA Vario. I'm not a lover of wind buffeting at all and spent ages looking to see which screen might work for me on the GSX1250 Bandit. The screen is good quality and woks well and is recommended by many. It has definitely pushed the air up off the chest (I'm 180cm) but does push it onto the crash helmet. Increases noise and although I have tried to avoid earbuds, I now use them and they are so much better to ride with (make me much faster coz they are blue  Very Happy  Very Happy ) I don't mind having the air pushed to the head as it's not that bad but maybe should have gone the XScreen thinkgy to see if that works. Suits the look of the bike well (my screen is tinted and the bike is black). I have the vario set to one down from highest as that seems to work best. Any higher and it seems to make the airflow more irratic if that is possible.

Anyway, overall very pleased with it over standard screen and it helped my confidence grow early on.

pdrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down