Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA

5 posters

Go down

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Empty R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA

Post  SirFA Mon 17 Jan 2011, 5:09 pm

Been wanting to post a review about the crash knobs for a while but haven't had the time to do so. I bought these from R&G Racing as they were the only brand I could find for my bike. Haven't googled lately, but I haven't seen any others on the market for this bike.

After removing both sides of the fairing, I got to work removing 2 frame bolts (took a heck of a lot of strength to undo it) only to find that the kit didn't even fit together. It seemed that the hole for the bolt was simply too large. Wasted a few hours trying to figure it out.

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Img_2210

A machinist at work who happens to be a machinist inspected the bolts and told me R&G had forgotten to insert an additional thread inside the rod, called a Helicoil. So he did the job for me, and I wrote an unhappy email to R&G, who didn't seem too bothered. Still unhappy about that.

Finally put it together again and it was relatively easy for a newbie like me to get it installed. Main difficulty was pushing the radiator forwards in order to slip the components in to clamp to the frame.

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Img_2211

The parts were really well designed, and sit very well inside the frame without touching the fairing at all. What a relief. Kudos to R&G for designing it so well.

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Img_2212

It actually doesn't extend too far beyond the bike, just enough I guess.

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Img_2213

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Img_2214

All up I'm pleased with it, but could have saved quite a few hours if they had remembered to insert the thread in the first place!
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Empty Re: R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA

Post  gus Mon 17 Jan 2011, 5:18 pm

A+ for the pictures C- to R@G.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Empty Re: R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA

Post  Four40 Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:11 am

Crap, I'd better have a good look at mine. Got all the bits waiting to go. Funnily enough, I got R&G front axle protectors, but they don't have rear. Bought GSG rear axle protector which tells me to go fast. Well it has the word 'Race' on it

They do look good on the bike, they should blend in a bit more on the dark blue. Certainly look substantial, which is a good thing for faring protection.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  SirFA Tue 18 Jan 2011, 10:42 am

Yeah, do put the assembly together before starting and you could come away less angry than I did haha

And yeah it will definitely blend in with dark blue. How's the bike going anyway? Any sign of hope yet?
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:21 pm

Still awaiting parts, could be mid Feb when they arrive.

Just check my crash pads, same issue as yours. Shoddy QA R&G Mad
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  SirFA Tue 18 Jan 2011, 12:53 pm

Four40 wrote:Still awaiting parts, could be mid Feb when they arrive.

Just check my crash pads, same issue as yours. Shoddy QA R&G Mad

Yeah, I totally regret not making a bigger issue out of it. I was so relieved when my mate at work fixed it that I didn't really fuss enough. I can't imagine having to return the shipment (such a heavy package) and wait for them to send out a replacement! Evil or Very Mad
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 18 Jan 2011, 1:05 pm

You know on this forum how we say, if i over step the line or i upset someone intentionally please let me know.

Perhaps you should let R@G know their service is not good enough and we are discussing it.I always though R@G had a good name
i for one are having second thoughts.Not trying to stir the pot but you pay good money is it asking too much to get ALL the parts.
Be polite and you never know.

Last edited by gus on Tue 18 Jan 2011, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  SirFA Tue 18 Jan 2011, 1:59 pm

gus wrote:You know on this forum how we say, if i over step the line or i upset someone intentionally please let me know.

Perhaps you should let R@G know their service is not good enough and we are discussing it.I always though R@G had a good name
i for one are having second thoughts.Not trying to stir the pot but you pay good money is it asking too much to get ALL the parts.
Be polite and you never know.

Yeah, it's a fine line between expressing dissatisfaction and being polite such that they can easily make it up to you. It's probably too late for me to make any noise now, and I'm glad the product works really well. I've also always had a good impression of R&G

BTW Four40: The instructions will state that you will need a 40Nm torque wrench to put the frame sliders on (one of the last steps). Not sure if you have a torque wrench but I don't, so I guesstimated 40Nm of force. Snug and tight, but not too tight!
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Tue 18 Jan 2011, 2:27 pm

IMO send some info to R&G. They may not know it is a bigger problem that just one product. It could be a whole batch run that has the problem. If they are as good as their rep says they are, R&G should get off their arse and fix the problem. But if they do not know then they cannot fix it. They may not send you anything as a thank you but they should make right on what you brought from them IMO.

dhula

Back to top Go down

R&G Racing Crash Protectors for GSX1250FA Empty Re:crash protectors

Post  bruiser2310 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

ok sirfa and narco .part numbers please
got the website.too lazy to look down 10 pages.
you guys are the quick link
want some for my fa.blue
hey rob.did you get your screen sorted yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  SirFA Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Product number is CP0267BL
Link: http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Suzuki/GSX-1250_FA/2010/CP0267BL.aspx

I'm sure they've addressed the issue by now. And yes, those bloody frame bolts didn't come off easily!

Enjoy.
SirFA
SirFA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum