Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres: Feedback

+107
Andywill
Lynchy
Daffy
F
#Tag
SVDon
Rodroket
Chettlingham
Ulsterkiwi
MattyC
car_ham
Wellsy
Foster
Stromcat
Ghostbandit
Corsa79
Roden
B1250_Jim
spanna
Someone
Chook
Tsim
Bosco15
AL AAAC
trip01
BoomGT
stu
grey1250
Sunshine Coast Mikey
ThatOtherGuy
keenaviator
Nathan C
suzbandit
Lurch
NTBill
ohmyfj55
Kiwisteve
Mitch J
NZspokes
bruiser2310
mtbeerwah
matt
rjs
Jimcoleman
barry_mcki
Thof
madmax
BanditDave
Julesy
sb1250
silverfox111
STI-REX
paul
OLDANNAKED
matty bandit white
Hammy
mustang sally
Bhoffo
ormguard
Kaupy1962
Rabid_Canine
Allan Coates
grumpy60
Boatz
kewwig
Masterblaster
Mpottsy
dmann
Joe B
Pops
Fossil
Bandit
jaba01
gus
xpalan
Ironman
rolls
Ewok1958
holdenman
reddog
Saikhan
Big Al
Baz
Four40
stretch
Badger
banditman
davidy61
willo
Reardo
Dink.1170
Re-Cycled
whitey1
boomer
solerida
potatomasher
JJ
b12mick
Cruisecontrol
step_andy
Dekenai
Dmaxhall
2wheelsagain
Cameron
Sloth_27
111 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 3 Empty Tyres: Feedback

Post  Sloth_27 Sun 27 Sep 2009, 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Can anyone with feedback about the different tyres they've run on their bikes post some info here. I dragged 6000km out of the originals but should've chucked them at 5000km. They seem to go good then all of the sudden start falling apart...

I put on a set of Michelin pilot road 2's (front and back) and they seem pretty good. Unfortunately I already got a puncture after only about 1000km and had to get it repaired. It was a big hole (part of a hacksaw blade went through the rear) and the repair job is good but it losses a few PSI each week.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Tyres: Feedback - Page 3 Empty Re: Tyres: Feedback

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 13 Mar 2010, 5:43 pm

I've been very happy with the Pilot Road 2s, but didn't keep track fully of the mileage, but since I've only put about 14000km on the bike and the front needed replacing just about straight away and the rear a bit after that, I'd say they've done fairly well, except now they look like they both need replacing at once Crying or Very sad

Cameron wrote: Will just have to see how they go with the mileage. I may even be forced to do another track day to compare. Razz
The sacrifices you make Exclamation Inspiring! lol!

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Sat 13 Mar 2010, 8:39 pm

I put on a set of Road 2's last weekend, replacing the stock crap which I only got 4700km out of.
What a difference! They instill so much more confidence.

Phoned around a few places for pricing - SPM @ Taren Point $500 fitted - considerably cheaper than elsewhere including SCMC where I purchased the bike & therefore get their "discount".

FarRider #412

Tyres: Feedback - Page 3 Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sat 13 Mar 2010, 10:10 pm

Hey Gents. Does any one know if i can change brands of tyre one at a time. the front is rooted 5600km and the PR2s sounds like the go.
But i replaced the rear at around 4000km with the same dunlope it came with and its only about half rooted scratch ?
The blokes at the bike shops around here dont no shit about roadbikes, but will dribble for 30mins while trying to read the sticker to u
from a tyre thats been there for years. No
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 14 Mar 2010, 5:56 am

don't see why not? virtually all tyres are pretty good lets face it - and depending on how long my new back one lasts, i might end up putting a harder one on the rear when it wears out - have to see what happens
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sun 14 Mar 2010, 9:18 am

OZBANDIT1250 wrote:Hey Gents. Does any one know if i can change brands of tyre one at a time. the front is rooted 5600km and the PR2s sounds like the go.
But i replaced the rear at around 4000km with the same dunlope it came with and its only about half rooted scratch ?
The blokes at the bike shops around here dont no shit about roadbikes, but will dribble for 30mins while trying to read the sticker to u
Of cause you can, just be aware that you MAY experience some handling issues as the older tyres wears out; most likely a weaving under braking.
Then again you may experience no issues at all YMMV

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  willo Sun 14 Mar 2010, 11:12 am

OZBANDIT1250 wrote:Hey Gents. Does any one know if i can change brands of tyre one at a time. the front is rooted 5600km and the PR2s sounds like the go.
not a problem I run a pilot road on the front, and cheap as chips shinko on the rear the shinko gives me pretty good ks and seems to hang on wet or dry I don't ride like a wannabe Rossi but don't ride like a pussy either.
willo
willo

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 16 Mar 2010, 2:42 pm

No problem with mixing brands, I've done it for years.

The local tyre shop told me (don't know if it's actually true) that the "don't mix brands" thing was more a marketing ploy than anything else. They also suggested that it's not a good idea to put a 'triangular' (sports) tyre on the back and a 'rounder' (touring) tyre on the front, it can/will cause handling issues, but quite alright to do the reverse.

I hope that makes some sort of sense.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Tue 30 Mar 2010, 7:34 pm

Over the course of the weekend I have completely redefined my opinions of exactly how good a tyre can be.
I had a set of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas fitted (cost me $50 for the set because they had done a session on a track day) and went for a spin with some mates down to Kangaroo Valley through the Natio.
I have never in my 18 years of road riding been so amazed by the amount of grip and control I had from the second I started riding with these new tyres on. The difference was phenomenal!
Every corner, no matter what speed (and I think I tried them all) the bike was rock solid and I was finding myself too tight on every corner because they just refuse to run wide.
Yes they will probably only last a few km's, but do yourselves a favour and at least once go out and buy a set of stupidly sticky tyres and see for yourselves how good it can get.

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Tue 30 Mar 2010, 8:13 pm

for $50 it's ok! how much longer would they last? i wonder what a sticky on the front and a hard one on the back would be like?
potatomasher
potatomasher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Tue 30 Mar 2010, 8:25 pm

I reckon I will get a couple of thousand km's out of them, but knowing what I do now I would have bought them new.
My last highside and four operations including a bone graft was due to a sticky front and hard rear tyre, so I won't go there again.
I have always found a good balance of a harder tyre on the back and reasonably soft tyre on the front. I generally manage two rear tyres to every front I bought. But now, damn.
Next I am definitely trying these Q2s but I may just have to "convince" my Mrs that softer is definitely safer... Very Happy

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  davidy61 Tue 30 Mar 2010, 9:56 pm

solerida wrote:PR2...just heard to many good things about them.
As soon as i go for my 6,000km service(??)....I'll be ordering both back and front.
Thats if the stockies last that long.

My stock rear got 2500kms though i delayed the change till after a road trip at 3500. The P2R went on then. The bike has now done over 18,000kms and still has a few thousand left on the rear. Front one went on later and is still also good.

I will never put anything else but P2rs on my Bandit! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
davidy61
davidy61

http://www.sabers.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Sat 03 Apr 2010, 11:17 am

In regards to mixing and matching tyres, you do need to be careful. Each different type and brand of tyre has a different profile, with the front and rear designed to match each other. For example, the profile of a Pirelli front won't necessarily match with the profile of a Michelin rear. I'm not saying that you can't mix tyres or that it won't work...but it might not.

The key is to always buy the best tyres you can afford and replace them early rather than late!
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sat 03 Apr 2010, 6:04 pm

It's great to see you back, Matt.

Haven't seen a post from you in a while.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sat 03 Apr 2010, 6:25 pm

Now we just need to get him out for a ride.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 09 May 2010, 10:54 am

I just put the 4th set on the 1250 last week.

This time im trying the new Michelin Power Pure. I did a putty run on them yesturday, and i must say they are a good tyre.
My last let was the Pirelli diablo rosso. i loved them, but they lasted 1500km less than the pilot power. And since they dont make the power any more, i thought id give the pure's a shot.

Will be good to see how many kays i get out of these. then ill decide weather to stay with them, or go back to the Pirelli's

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sloth_27 Tue 18 May 2010, 11:33 pm

I've still got the Pilot Road 2 on the rear and have done about 15000km's on it. Still got a few thousand more to go, but its also had three punctures. The front got replaced prematurely with a Pilot Power (as some of you may remember) which is also lasting well.

So what's that add up to:
Cameron = well into his fourth rear tyre
Me = 3/4's through my second

Keep in mind I've done more km's though Wink ... lucky Volvo pays you so well hey Cam!
Still, if I didn't commute everyday I'd put softer compound tyres on as well.
Sloth_27
Sloth_27

Back to top Go down

Post  banditman Tue 22 Jun 2010, 9:25 pm

Michelin Pilot Road 2 are great. Got only 2800km out of the originals. So far wearing very well

regards

Banditman

banditman

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger Wed 23 Jun 2010, 10:10 am

Hi,

Just had a set of Mich Pilot Road 2 fitted to my Bandit on Monday so can't really offer any feed back on them.
But i can tell you that the best price I could get them for was $500.00 fitted to the bike & balanced while I waited, from SPM {Sydeny Performance Motorcycles} at Tarren point, Sydney.
I think he sells on Ebay as well. Hope this helps.

Regards, badger
Badger
Badger

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Sun 11 Jul 2010, 11:22 am

Badger wrote:Hi,

But i can tell you that the best price I could get them for was $500.00 fitted to the bike & balanced while I waited, from SPM {Sydeny Performance Motorcycles} at Tarren point, Sydney.
I think he sells on Ebay as well. Hope this helps.

Regards, badger

Went to SPM last week for a price on a rear PR2 and the best they would do was $300 RRP.
Ducati Penrith are advertising sets for $425, and a rear for $255 dont think that price includes fitting to the bike. A bit far to go for one tyre, so got a rear fitted to the rim from Battyes Bikes Menai at $279. After replacing the flat centered Avon that was on the bike when i bought it, yaaaH it turns in nice now to complement the front PR2 i fitted when i bought it.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sun 11 Jul 2010, 3:49 pm

I had PR2s on the gsx650, got 18k or so out of the front and rear. Before I bought my new ride, I had a Avon Storm 2 on the rear, barely broken in but felt good in the wet. My next lot of days off, I'll get rid of the Dunlop shite stock tyres and probably chuck on PR2's again.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 11 Jul 2010, 4:40 pm

they are ok - but they wont last long

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

Tomorrow the B12 gets a new front tyre. Putting a PR2 on. This will be the first time since the bike was new that I'll actually have matching tyres.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 19 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

After ringing around town, found a place which have Metzeler Roadtec Z6's in stock. Put 5-600 kays on them so far, a fair bit of that in the wet and damn, they feel a whole lot better. If only Mt Mac wasn't so full of construction and gravel in the long sweepers....
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 19 Aug 2010, 5:57 pm

Four40 wrote:After ringing around town, found a place which have Metzeler Roadtec Z6's in stock. Put 5-600 kays on them so far, a fair bit of that in the wet and damn, they feel a whole lot better. If only Mt Mac wasn't so full of construction and gravel in the long sweepers....
I have Z6's .. done 6000k on them so far, they certainly stick to the road well enough, just need to see how long they last.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 23 Aug 2010, 2:15 pm

I had a Z6 on the back of the B12 and got around 15,000km from it. Not bad, but was expecting more.

The PR2 I had put on Friday is brilliant, I did 350km on it on Sunday and I've got to say it's almost as good as the Metzler M1 I had on the front a few years ago, not quite as sticky but it's got heaps of feel.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next