Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heated grips

Go down

Heated grips Empty Heated grips

Post  gus Thu 02 Dec 2010, 2:54 pm

Wanted heated grips for a trip to Tassie,but never liked the look of the control panel on the oxfords..Especially when i am only going to use them for a couple of months a year.Also thought i only needed two settings ,on and off.You know the saying"less is more''why make things complicated.
Bought some called VSM grip heaters which are made in Inverell(cost $70).Very happy with them,high-low-off,close enough for me.Fairly easy to fit ,a bit fiddly but no drama.There's a power wire in the headlight that's not used(Euro.parking light,brown connecter)so i connected to that.

TIP; Use black shrink wrap on the two wires that go to the grips(both sides)It really tidies up the look.Like Suzuki should have done all over the bike,all those coloured wires showing. Mad How much does a length of shrink rap cost cost Mr suzuki. Crying or Very sad Resister should go out side headlight shell to cool.

TIP;Put a bit of electrical tape around left bar before sticking on heat pads.Stops heat going straight into the bar.

Left grip gets a little bit hotter than right due to heat loss through plastic throttle grip .Put a bit of elec.tape OVER left heat pad if it annoys you.
Fitted a little bracket next to tacho.for the switch.Bad photo i know.
The grips on a Bandit are very thin so i only have to use low
If anybody is interested i have the phone number of the manufacture.E-mail me.
..Heated grips DSCF0596

gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum