Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beowulf mufflers

5 posters

Go down

Beowulf mufflers Empty Beowulf mufflers

Post  dhula Tue 22 Sep 2009, 8:52 pm

The beowulf mufflers that I ordered arrived today from the UK.

I ordered 2 short oval black stainless mufflers and paid less than $600 delivered to my door. (for both, not each). Took exactly a week from order to arrival which included the weekend

Quality stainless fittings
~5 kgs weight saving
Nice sound
Much (much) smaller
Fits on with no bullshit. The only thing you must do is pull the gasket/spacer out of the old muffler where it joins the header and put it into the new mid pipe. took about 30 mins to do both bikes
Looks nice
looks to be Well made
lifetime guarantee
No repacking according to beowulf
centerstand bumper included

pics to come

all in all two thumbs up for the guys a beowulf for putting up with my endless questions and bullshit prior to ordering, for a good looking product and great service

Last edited by dhula on Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

dhula

Back to top Go down

Beowulf mufflers Empty Re: Beowulf mufflers

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 22 Sep 2009, 9:25 pm

Wow thats fantastic news mate.
I still have my eyes on their oval carbon can just waiting for a bit of overtime to come in and I'll place the order.
Always worried with ordering OS but by all accounts that company is very good and speedy.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm

Pics

Beowulf mufflers Muffler12501.th

Beowulf mufflers Muffler1250.th

IF your thinking bout a Beowulf I recon do it now while the exchange rate is so good. Saw on the news last night that it was $1 aud to 0.53 gbp which would make a pipe worth as low as ~$365 landed at your door.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 23 Sep 2009, 9:43 pm

dhula wrote:

IF your thinking bout a Beowulf I recon do it now while the exchange rate is so good. Saw on the news last night that it was $1 aud to 0.53 gbp which would make a pipe worth as low as ~$365 landed at your door.

I actuallly emailed them this arvo Smile Did you have to become a member on their site mate?
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Wed 23 Sep 2009, 9:54 pm

That is fantastic value, Beowulf have a great name in the UK for quality and performance. Well done mate, what about the new note from the pipe, are you happy with that?

.........And, 2Wheelsagain, the UK has a good number of 'cottage' exhaust builders, usually good quality, performance and cheaper than here in Oz. I have got a can from a company called Zorstec and am more than happy. They start at about £140.

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 24 Sep 2009, 7:51 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
dhula wrote:

I actuallly emailed them this arvo Smile Did you have to become a member on their site mate?

Well I got a less than satisfactory email from Beowulf.
I asked 2 specific questions.
First was about two cans that appeared to be the same for the B1250 and asking what the difference is. Answer – You need the one that is for your bike!
Second question was an estimate on delivery cost to Aust if I ordered today. Answer it will depend on what the exchange rate is!
Were they to hard?

EDIT: I know what the official ex rate is I was wanting to know if they build a bit of fat into it as most do.
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:37 pm

That's quite sad to hear 2WA
I had nothing but great service form the Beowulf people. Deborah was the name of the chick that e-mailed back to me each time

I tried to order via thier website and found that our postcodes don't work so e-mailed them and they said to either add a zero to the front of the number or send a paypal money payment to them.
I opted for paypal as i only pay what I need to (i never have money sitting on paypal)
AS we don't pay VAT (15%) i worked out the cost, added shipping (I only paid for one lot as it all came as one package) did the sums for
1. (pipes - VAT) + shipping
2. (pipes + shipping) - VAT
send them an e-mail as to what they wanted, they hadn't got back to me so I used option 2 above and rounded up to the nearest 10 pounds (it added like 2 pounds or something like that) and send the order via paypal.
Next morning I had an email saying my order had been shipped.

Like I said, I had nothing but great service form them even before I ordered and I sent about 5-6 e-mails asking stupid questions like - does the GSX650F exhaust come with a center stand bumper and bracket.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 24 Sep 2009, 8:49 pm

Looks tops mate. Real nice. Well done
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 24 Sep 2009, 9:55 pm

dhula wrote:
Like I said, I had nothing but great service form them even before I ordered and I sent about 5-6 e-mails asking stupid questions like - does the GSX650F exhaust come with a center stand bumper and bracket.

I'll give them another crack then. Thanks mate Cool
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Sun 15 Aug 2010, 1:02 pm

Duhla, they look like the 380mm version? suppose it just makes them a bit louder? oval stubbies definately look the part, still spewing that they went on holidays the day i decide to get off my arse and get one...... damn it all....... ah well.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Mon 06 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

Well just bit the bullet and ordered the stubby oval carbon can from Beowulf. If you dont want to pay the VAT, enter VAT into the discount code area and it deducts it off for you.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Mon 13 Sep 2010, 8:41 pm

gotta be happy, took 6 days to arrive (including a weekend) and cost $420 delivered for the carbon fibre oval stubby. Looks pretty good to me, although its not on the bike yet.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 14 Sep 2010, 8:44 am

When you fit it just be careful how far you push the link pipe on. Push it to far and the center stand will miss the rubber stopper. Maybe the brackets are not all exactly the same but mine catches by about 5mm only.

I have the baffle in but they're not to loud with it out. Just dont want excessive attention around the streets lol

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Wed 15 Sep 2010, 7:12 pm

yeah i agree about attention from the fuzz.

The bracket is eccentrically shaped, i put mine as i think the one in the pic is, but im wondering if you can turn it around and get the can right out of the way of the pillion i.e. snugger to the bike, although its already ten times better than the stocky (my gf has to sit on tipee toes so her high heels didnt lean on the old one). Would be interested to see a close up end on view if anyone had one.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down