Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bikes 2017

2 posters

Go down

Super Bikes 2017  Empty Super Bikes 2017

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 10 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

The ride to superbikes 2017 at PI goes like this,  Left home rode to Bombala, ( some what exciting considering i was packed to bear), Cann Valley Highway, Some more excitement. Cann River to Bairnsdale ohh what a surprise rain, very happy as my light weight wet weather gear is fucking awesome and no leaks but that's what $800 gets you. Wrong turn at Sale no custard tart at Rosedale, no twisties in Stezlicki's good on ya fucking TAG, Gippsland highway = flat boring riding, and its the first time that i ever nearly fell asleep behind the bars, and the only thing that kept from doing so was the fact that my seat had gathered somewhat large teeth by Yarram, Yarram to PI was are we there yet, scala had gone flat, arse was being knawed at by the seat, and so wishing i was ewok in his leather seated hair dressers car, arrived unscathed at PI

Great accommodation (comfy bed) fridge with free beer in it
Racing bloody awesome
Great company and food ( except the Corner one food stand that was selling something that was suppose to be chicken burger that wasn't) 
Got to visit my mum
Got to ride on the ferry
Got heaps of free shit any one for a Yamaha foot stand

Ride home was in reverse except we did the Stezlicki Very Happy but no custard tart or vanilla slice in Rosedale, shit chicken salad roll at Bruthern, its hot and next year i am driving the bloody car and trailering tags & johns bike down.

Back to top Go down

Super Bikes 2017  Empty Re: Super Bikes 2017

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 10 Mar 2017, 7:58 pm

Ha ha, love a concise and to the point summary James. Yep, the South Gippsland Hwy is a crap riding road. The 75km Bairnsdale to Sale section of the Prince's Hwy is just about my least favourite rd whether in a car or on the bike.  It was good to see though that Vicroads had spent some money fixing the crap bit of the Cann Valley Hwy near the Vic/NSW border. 

It wasn't all beer and skittles in the car. We travelled down with a suspect battery (changing a battery in a BMW isn't as simple as you might think), but it never let us down. We didn't know we had no high beam so I'm glad we didn't travel at night. PS: all of this is currently being fixed in Canberra under warranty so I'm hoping we'll have the car back soon. The good news is that the 3.0 litre straight six motor is a pearler - goes like stink and returns 8.7 litres/100 kms even with plenty of wellie! 

cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down