Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunlop Road Smart 3

2 posters

Go down

Dunlop Road Smart 3  Empty Dunlop Road Smart 3

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 17 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm

i have been a big fan of the Dunlop Road smart 2 basically since i bought my GSX, As i get good feel, Great grip right through to the end whilst i only get around 4 to 7 K out of them i do push the tyre a lot and i don't do any commuting.

After Super bike school, a couple of Local rides and our Vic Alpine Ride, the RS2's had the fun factor taken clean out of them, so a hunt around on the Interweb gave me a choice, the Aussie dollar has once again descended into banana money once again and jake wilson have changed there freight pricing so importing is out, Megamotor cycle tyres were a $389, for a set of RS2 delivered or Bike Biz $419 for a set of the new full of sipes RS3's delivered.

With the RS3's fitted up, off for a quick run to Bega to scrub them in, a 2 hour wet weather test, and brisk ride with the mates to Bombala via Imlay Rd.

Thoughts i will say that at this stage i would not say that  i over the moon with them they seem to take a long time to scrub in giving me a few small frights today down the Mt Darragh, High speed stuff very good, wet weather probably best i have ridden, Front end grip really good, back end excellent once they scrub in

Will have a fiddle with pressures to see if that makes a difference

Will keep updating as they wear out

Jim

Back to top Go down

Dunlop Road Smart 3  Empty Re: Dunlop Road Smart 3

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:05 pm

Interesting Jim. It might be the sipes causing a bit of vagueness which is what I found with PR3/4. 
At this stage are you recommending the RS2?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm

Dunno Chris give it a few more rides to really make a decisison. the sipes are very different to the PR4. Plus its only the back is a bit vague so time will tell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 31 Jan 2016, 8:13 pm

ok after about 500ks on the RS3's they have settled in very nicely, really sure footed lots of grip even on the damp/dry sections of the road. My initial concerns about being vague have gone and i very happy with them. so lets se how long they last

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 01 Feb 2016, 12:16 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:ok after about 500ks on the RS3's they have settled in very nicely, really sure footed lots of grip even on the damp/dry sections of the road. My initial concerns about being vague have gone and i very happy with them. so lets se how long they last

Good news Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down