Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm

+10
Bosco15
talon440
madmax
Cal
paul
Chook
Ewok1958
reddog
2wheelsagain
mstrrab1992
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 Empty heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm

Post  mstrrab1992 Wed 20 May 2015, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ive now ridden my bike 400-600kms since the stage 2 dale walker upgrades and yes i do see a difference a short ride nothing was prominent but afteriding a phew hundread kms there definately is a difference.

Now my only issue is it seems my bike is chewing through the petrol no matter what fuel i put in it my first bar dissappers at 60-65kms and the fuel lighy comes on at around 170km im a little worried to push the bike past this but i dont really fancy running out of fuel.. 

And that 60-65kms for the first bar..i never took the bike over 4k rpm and it wasnt just once..it was with all 3 types of fuel more then once..so im not sure whats going on..

mstrrab1992

Back to top Go down

heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 Empty Re: heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 21 May 2015, 2:03 pm

paul wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:Just to add to 2WA's comments

Fill up.
Ride 100km or so at your normal style.
Ride back.
Refuel. 

Divide the number of kms ridden by the amount of fuel (in litres) that you put in.  Let's call that result "A".

Multiply A by 18 to get a conservative maximum distance from a tank full.  Multiply A by 19 to get your theoretical maximum distance.

Noting Barry's post above.  Multiply A by 5.5 (call that "B") - that is how many more kms you've got when the light starts flashing, ie add B to your odometer reading when the light starts flashing and that's how far you can go before you run out of fuel on that tank.

And if you multiply A by 1.5 then that's how many kms you've got left in the tank when the last bar drops off the display.  

cheers cheers  Hope you don't end up walking!  heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 3579372250 heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 3579372250
I would hope your calculations are more accurate  than the persons name of the" post above "you referred to , or he had better pack his hiking boots Razz lol! lol!

Oops, sorry Paul. Barry isn't your middle name by any chance? Cheers!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 Empty Re: heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm

Post  paul Thu 21 May 2015, 6:18 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:

Oops, sorry Paul.  Barry isn't your middle name by any chance?  Cheers!

LOL No ' but I have a mate who has a brother named Barry .....................near enough I suppose  Laughing Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Thu 21 May 2015, 8:25 pm

no no no .

Every bodies going about this all wrong.

Just ride it until you run out of fuel...then you`ll know for certain.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 21 May 2015, 9:55 pm

paul wrote:
Ewok1958 wrote:

Oops, sorry Paul.  Barry isn't your middle name by any chance?  Cheers!

LOL No ' but I have a mate who has a brother named Barry .....................near enough I suppose  Laughing Laughing

heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 Barry_10

heavy fuel usage havent taken the bike over 4k rpm - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Fri 22 May 2015, 1:31 am

lol! .... cheers
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  MattyC Thu 11 Jun 2015, 6:36 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
talon440 wrote:for those who like calculations on here, my 40 tooth sprocket save rpms of my engine,
eg; stock say at 3000rpm, 90kph
      my bike  2700rpm same speed
over 1 hour of riding my bike has done 18,000 less rpms than stock no mater what speed
over a day ride (say 6 hours) thats 108,000 less rpms than stock
over a 7 day ride 6 hours each day thats 756,000 less rpms than stock
performance wise i dont notice any difference from stock but 6th gear is now like an overdrive 5th gear rpm is same as stock, 3000rpm 90kph, 4000rpm 120kph its not till i get into 6th that the difference is noteable 3100rpm 100kph, 4000rpm 132kph, my trip to perth took 2 weeks over and back my motor did 1,512,000 less rpms than if i had a stock rear sprocket,40 tooth sprocket saves petrol and wear on motor.

Saving engine wear doesnt always equate to saving fuel though. rabbit
2Wheelsagain
 So does that mean by dropping the rpm (over gearing) at a cruising speed is that the engine is labouring requiring a bit more fuel ?
alien

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 11 Jun 2015, 8:20 pm

Just ride until it stops... have a couple of litres in a pastic jerry can strapped to the bike to fill up and get going again. No need for maths

tbh I've never ran out of fuel *touch wood*. I work on the provisio if I am near a fuel station and the bike is 2 bars or less I fuel up
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Sun 14 Jun 2015, 5:13 am

i always reset one of the trip odo's to zero when i fill it up and thats the one i leave on, on the display.  u cant take any notice of the fuel gauge. i just figure the max it will do is 300 in the country and 250 around town and use the KMs to keep an eye on it.  i use the other trip meter to work out when to oil the chain

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 14 Jun 2015, 9:37 am

potatomasher wrote:i always reset one of the trip odo's to zero when i fill it up and thats the one i leave on, on the display.  u cant take any notice of the fuel gauge. i just figure the max it will do is 300 in the country and 250 around town and use the KMs to keep an eye on it.  i use the other trip meter to work out when to oil the chain
Pretty similar to what I do except I use the 2 trip meter to measure how far Ive travelled on longer rides (eg: Parkes, Edenhope etc)
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum