Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pillion Handles

3 posters

Go down

Pillion Handles Empty Pillion Handles

Post  Chook Sat 18 Apr 2015, 6:43 am

While we were away on the Parkes trip a few people asked about the handles I was wearing for Kaylah.Barry contacted me a while back to ask if I'd ever done a review on them, I hadn't so here goes............

Until we started doing some serious km 2 up in 2012 I'd never seen a need for them but when we looked at doing a few 8-12 hour days during our 6000+km trip to QLD and return I decided it would be good for her to have a alternative place to hang on to for hours on end.

I looked around for a while knowing I was going to need a set that were long enough to go around me (I'm big now, I was 20kg heavier back then), the longest one's I could find were the Oxford "Rider Grips", they also appeared to have the widest section to go around me which I thought would be better than a narrow belt cutting in all day.

The quality is 2nd to none, good moulded hard rubber handles on a reinforced and padded front belt, there is a narrower velcro belt to do up first which holds them in place while you do up the wider belt with the snap lock buckle.

IIRC they were about $50 on ebay which wasn't that much dearer than the cheaper (nastier looking) versions

If we are riding any more than 1/2 hr now I usually wear the grips, from the riders perspective they are very comfortable, I hardly even notice I'm wearing them.

They have done exactly what we wanted, given Kaylah a good 2nd option for somewhere to hang onto (more like rest her hands on) in addition to the bikes grab rail, as for what Kaylah thinks of them, I'll see if I can get her to add to this

Pillion Handles 2uek5s4

Pillion Handles Jtqetx
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Pillion Handles Empty Re: Pillion Handles

Post  jstava Sat 18 Apr 2015, 11:25 am

Good idea.  I'm surprised someone hasn't integrated the idea into a belted touring or motocross type jacket - easily detached by Velcro straps through D rings on the belt, possibly offered as an option.   

There is my invention for the day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulsterkiwi Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:11 pm

have been thinking about this thingie now the chief has been coming on more rides with me. Have to say now she has a bit more confidence unless its really twisty she hangs on pretty well with her knees and tucks her hands in behind my back to take advantage of the wind shield I effectively turn into (1.96m 105kgs) I tend not to have the panniers on unless its a big trip so she likes to use the rails for something to stabilise her in the faster bits. Dropping her hands down they are at just the right height. Knees still do most of the gripping.

Ulsterkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:21 pm

Kaylah still prefers to use the grab rail in the twisty stuff but these give a really good option on a long trip
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum