Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dartmouth Ride

+3
Ewok1958
paul
Jimcoleman
7 posters

Go down

Dartmouth Ride  Empty Dartmouth Ride

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm

Its been a while since we had ride report and Tag and i were invited for a ride to Dartmouth for Rosco’s return ride. Rosco had big off last year, which included a helicopter ride, nice bed with lots of spunky nurses, warm sponge baths in intensive care. lots of rehab and a year later they have given him his licence back, so what’s he do organise a 1000k ride to Dartmouth.

Rally point was at Nuggets Crossing Jindabyne at 10 so we met in Bega 7:30 am a quick run up the brown and down to Ando, then across to Dalgety and Jindabyne.

Dartmouth Ride  2015-010

Dartmouth Ride  2015-011

We made pretty good time arrived in Jindy a bit early so a Latte at Gloria Jeans and then the bloody mass of naked bikes arrives all thirty plus of them now this is going to be Interesting !

Dartmouth Ride  2015-012

Dartmouth Ride  2015-013

Dartmouth Ride  2015-015

So it was a then off to Thredbo to Khancoban before lunch at Corryong, but the highlight was following a guy riding a harley like a sports bike down from deadhorse gap

Dartmouth Ride  2015-016
Dartmouth Ride  2015-017
Dartmouth Ride  2015-018

A pee for me and a smoke for Tag at scammels look out and it was off again, between Scammels look out some of the naked riders of the group caught up to us and enjoyed riding under my armpit but the guy on a CBR1000 decided not 2 minutes in front decided that he had a itch that need scratching on the armco but luckily for him, his itch was satisfied but sadly his bike was a tad fooked. ( sorry no pics were allowed to be taken) i took it upon my self to leave him to his mates to assist, cause i was hungry and it was lunch time and the Corryong pub beckoned but Tag says the Fish was questionable, to my reply was what do you expect from inland fresh seafood.

Dartmouth Ride  2015-019

then after a little suggestion that we take the longway to Granya Gap Very Happy Dartmouth Ride  Icon_smile it was off to that

Dartmouth Ride  2015-020

Dartmouth Ride  2015-021

Ohh i could do that again, and again and again and again but sadly once would have to suffice but the run to the down the Omeo Highway was very pleasurable, Now John who rides a 2005 speedy with a poxy givi screen on it insisted that he ran 98 fuel, whats wrong with 91 mine runs great on it, in order to stop detouring we told him that Mitta Mitta had 98, which it didnt it had Premium but the lady that serves you is worth the inconvenience

Dartmouth Ride  2015-023

Dartmouth Ride  2015-024

then to Dartmouth for the 1st Night

Dartmouth Ride  2015-022 

Dartmouth was small but the hospitality was big and i recommend the pub and accomodation

Dartmouth Ride  2015-025

Sharing room with Tag proved that i need to woken at 2:30 to find my earplugs and a pillow over my head ( which i should of put over Tags head) i managed to get back to sleep

Breaky was awesome and the weather looked fine, a regroup in Mitta

Dartmouth Ride  2015-026

oh how i looked forward to the Mitta rd but when we got to the best bits they had resurfaced it with boulders and destroyed my day but the road work finished after about 20 ks and it was back to fun fun fun
Tag needed another smoke and i needed a little rest so a stop off at the blue duck and wait for the others

Dartmouth Ride  2015-027
Dartmouth Ride  2015-028

Dartmouth Ride  2015-029
the trip to Omeo was bliss, another refuel then the GAR awaited god that is a lovely bit of road and into bruthen for a lunch at the Bullant brewery where the food is great and the Beer is questionable
Dartmouth Ride  2015-030
Dartmouth Ride  2015-031

Up the highway and home we did get a little wet but all in all a awesome ride with awesome friends

PS shot all the piccies with Nikon D800 very nice ( santa bought it for me)

Last edited by Jimcoleman on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dartmouth Ride  Empty Re: Dartmouth Ride

Post  paul Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:29 pm

Quote...................Rosco had big off last year, which included a helicopter ride, nice bed with lots of spunky nurses, warm sponge baths in intensive care Quote ...........
You almost make it sound inviting Jim  Laughing Laughing
Top report & pictures Thanks for sharing  Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:32 pm

Nice report James.  Nice pics too.  

Pity about the Fireblade.  Did tag have any more mysterious appearances of KTM fluid/gunk appearing or has that mystery been solved?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 03 Feb 2015, 10:51 am

That looks a sensational ride Jim.
You're working out that camera Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:21 pm

And a bloody sensational weekend it was. And what an eclectic mix of bikes - Harleys with rearsets, Benelli, MV Augusta, Guzzi, Tuonos, a Speedy, a Buell, every Japper sport and naked, a Beemer a Bandit a Strom. A Super Ten, KTM 990 SMT and SM and many I've forgotten  -  BUT the truly amazing thing was not one solitary Ducati!!

You're right about Jim's new toy Chris. His FB page has all his shots and many way better than what he's posted here.

Ewok, I've still got incontinence (it is coolant, 50-100ml over 1000k). Ive torn the thing to bits and its defying all diagnosing. At least I solved the brake light - a small nylon plug and some RTV.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsa79 Tue 03 Feb 2015, 11:25 pm

Greay report and photos thanks. I will have to put the ride on my must ride list
Corsa79
Corsa79

Back to top Go down

Post  sassyskink Sat 07 Feb 2015, 10:12 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:That looks a sensational ride Jim.
You're working out that camera Smile

He sure is working that camera
sassyskink
sassyskink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down