Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe

3 posters

Go down

NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe  Empty NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe

Post  potatomasher Sat 31 Jul 2010, 6:25 am

i saw this on perth streetbikes forum:

#
Bandit 1250 Dyno tune

Bandit 1250 Dyno tune +BMC Filter +Yoshi Ti slipon +GiPro aTRE +PCIII +modded airbox =

127Hp and 97.99ft/lbs of torque.

Since there wasn't a lot of information on aftermarket parts and PCIII tuning for the Bandit I decided to buy all the parts from the states, install them myself and deliver it to Bunbury Ducati for tuning.

Todd (Patterson) did a great job considering my bike had no real base map to start with in the Power Commander software. Took around an hour to tune it, but it now has a flat fuel ratio right across the board. The jerkiness off idle is gone and the bike is much smoother right through the rev range.

I took it for a run on the weekend and couldn't be happier. The dyno wasn't cheap but it is well worth it on the Bandit.

Yeah I was pretty happy with it. I reckon it has gain about 10Nm over stock and around 20ish horsepower. Rides beautiful now. I reckon I've spent a bit over $1000, the next thing on the agenda is suspension.... I wonder if a Busa front end would fit? Similar weight bike, upside down forks on the badit would be nice. At least then you have full adjustment not just preload.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
22-04-2009 04:08 PM #6
yarro

Bandit 1250

Just read post on performace of your bandit.
Could you pm me the exact parts and mod's that you did and where you got them from.

Thanks Yarro

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
22-04-2009 07:15 PM #7
Nero Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by reddog View Post
Yeah I was pretty happy with it. I reckon it has gain about 10Nm over stock and around 20ish horsepower. Rides beautiful now. I reckon I've spent a bit over $1000, the next thing on the agenda is suspension.... I wonder if a Busa front end would fit? Similar weight bike, upside down forks on the badit would be nice. At least then you have full adjustment not just preload.

USD forks aren't neascarily the be all and end all. Check the fork lenght first, with a bit of hunting you might be able to find some conventional race spec forks off an older race bike, might be worth looking into.

15-08-2009 06:58 PM #8
reddog

Ok... mods are GiPro Atre, BMC filter, Yoshi Ti pipe, opened air box lid. PCIII - Tuned by Bunbury Ducati.

Nero. Yeah If I gte carried away I'll start checking out different forks. You can change everything on the SV1000 forks so thats something else I can look at.

16-08-2009 11:00 AM #9
ohmyfj55

Hi Reddog, what exactly is the GiPro Atre, is that an ignition component. And as for the air box, did you just create a larger hole in the top of the screw-on filter cover?.

Did you get my message about the pod-filters?

Regards,
Nathan

16-08-2009 11:13 AM #10
debaser

Fork swaps are common on this website, have a look. OldSkool SUZUKI .info - Genetic Engineering of an Extinct Species

16-08-2009 04:26 PM #11
reddog

giPro is a gear indicator with auto timing retard eliminator. The tre does 3 parts of bugger all but the gear indicator is very large and at least tells you what gear you are in

The airbox I just cut a large hole in the top of the cover and pulled out the original snorkel. Intake noise is much noisier, but sounds great.

I have thought about removing the secondary butterflies as they produce that dip in the upper end ofthe rev range. When it goes for it's 24K service I might think about it.

16-08-2009 04:33 PM #12
arwon

Changing gears at 6 grand and she would pull like a freight train... nice one

if your an actor on Star Trek and you haven't had any lines. Don't go on a mission away from The Enterprise, you are not coming back.

20-08-2009 11:14 PM #13
reddog

Sure does.. rear tyres have a problem lasting past 6000k's and thats a pretty hard compound 021 bridgey or Michelin 2CT.

Still pulls just as hard fully loaded up with panniers, top box and pillion

22-08-2009 03:47 PM #14
ohmyfj55

Thanks for that reddog, will give it a go with the air-box.

Of course, what with you now looking to eliminate secondary butterflies.....i wonder how long before the head is off for just some "light" porting and some Yoshi cams go in, mild grind of course.

Either that or in twelve months i will be asking if you are happy with the turbo installation!!

Thanks again.

23-08-2009 03:24 PM #15
reddog

With a new baby I doubt I'll be going to crazy in the near future.

23-08-2009 04:28 PM #16
TORQ

Send a message via MSN to TORQ

Another fine job by the Patto team.

23-08-2009 04:36 PM #17
Mr M

Mate great figures there... Nearly 133Nm of torque is bloody impressive, that thing must pull like a freight train .....

#
01-10-2008 10:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe  Empty Re: NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe

Post  Reardo Sat 31 Jul 2010, 8:36 am

Hey masher there old posts hehe, theres a couple boys on here that use PSB froum.
I'm a member of a couple forums and allways fined Bandit owners where ever i go, all mixed bike forums but always come back to the home of the Bandit Very Happy

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe  Empty Re: NoT sO eAsY tWeNtY hOrSePoWeR InCrEaSe

Post  potatomasher Sat 31 Jul 2010, 9:56 am

i know - although a power commander seems to be a good thing - might see about getting one next tax return

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sat 31 Jul 2010, 10:40 am

And the award for the longest post eveeer goes to......... Very Happy
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down