Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partzilla has anyone bought from them?

5 posters

Go down

Partzilla has anyone bought from them? Empty Partzilla has anyone bought from them?

Post  bikemad Wed 17 Sep 2014, 9:30 am

I recently placed a order with this company called Partzilla and they want to charge what seems to me to be a very large amount of $ for freight from US to Aus has anyone used this company and what experience did you have ?

bikemad

Back to top Go down

Partzilla has anyone bought from them? Empty Re: Partzilla has anyone bought from them?

Post  madmax Wed 17 Sep 2014, 10:01 am

Although I've not used Parzilla if you look on ebay most US sellers are charging ridiculously high freight fees.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Partzilla has anyone bought from them? Empty Re: Partzilla has anyone bought from them?

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 17 Sep 2014, 10:39 am

Ive not bought from them but often check the site. Shipping for small items is a rippoff but bulk up the order and its not too bad.
My partner used to work for Service Honda (until I convinced her Aust was a better place to live) You know, the mob who still build the CR500 and the KX500 Smile She used to do the world wide shipping of the bikes and parts and their freight costs were always a limiting factor.
We're lucky here we can lick a 70c stamp and send it off shore to Norfolk Island or a 3kg bag from one side of the country to the other for $15 with 3 day delivery. But not for much longer if Aust Post has their way. Bastards.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Wed 17 Sep 2014, 12:16 pm

I've not purchased from then but recently bought a service manual for my new bike from a US seller.

The book price was US $35 and the USPS postage was US $32. This is not the seller changing this high postage but USPS.
Furthermore (ooh that's a big word Smile ) the tracking info stops at US that is no tracking data once it left New York.
The package took 3 weeks to get here Mad
If I can find a better way to get things from the US I will be doing so.

I recall my last Jake Wilson order which included two tyres for the Bandit only cost US $60 for FedEx freight and was here in 6 days.

I have been buying a bit of stuff from China and it arrives in 3 weeks with free shipping.
If you are interested www.banggood.com

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 17 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

The thing with US shipping is they like to use the tracking/insurance and on small items this can be very expensive, especially things that could fit in an envelope or very small padded bag.  Better still if you can setup some sort of middle man, friend etc.  I think there are some forwarding companies that do this, not sure of the cost though.

UK shipping is strange, very expensive sometimes but I can get free shipping on (some) books and DVDs, go figure ?? Shocked

I did find the UK to be the best place for the Haynes Bandit manual, AU$29.70 plus shipping at $7.25.

Partzilla has anyone bought from them? Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 17 Sep 2014, 12:33 pm

A few weeks ago I was looking to buy something from the states, the seller quoted Fed-Ex and USPS, there wasn't much between them. Both prices made it not worth it.
Strange that the Poms can send something here at a reasonable price

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  bikemad Wed 17 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm

Thanks for the input Guys !!! I have in the past bought parts out of the USA to Australia and even for heavy items like S/H rear bevel drive for a VX 800 shipping was about $ 25 US not bad for a heavy item - the parts I have ordered from Partzilla would fit into 2 x matchboxes and weigh less - and they want $ 89.99 for FedEx or $43.99 for USpostal service I have recently bought parts out of Canada which would have been heaver than the bits from Partzilla for $ 11.00 freight Canada to Australia so go Figure that out ?

Looks like partzilla is in the postal/shipping business to make money and not the bike parts business to me cheers

bikemad

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 17 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm

And to make it worse, they will usually provide free shipping if the order is over a certain amount ($80 or $100) within the US, using the same shipping companies.

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  bikemad Wed 17 Sep 2014, 9:11 pm

Free shipping in the USA !!! O I long to hear that ''Goose Coilspring" song - Born in the USA

bikemad

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Thu 18 Sep 2014, 7:17 am

I'm totally mystified by the postage/shipping from the US.

My recent purchase a 1.2Kg service manual sent in a USPS flat rate envelope cost $32 postage, tracking stopped when it left US and it took 3 weeks to get here finally delivered by the local postie.

My last Jake Wilson purchase of the Michelin tyres plus a few other bits was fully trackable and arrived in 6 days. I just checked with Jake Wilson website and freight for the same two tyres is $65.

The only explanation I have is that Jake Wilson is in Salt Lake City so maybe the Mormons have some involvement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Partzilla has anyone bought from them? Empty Thanks all

Post  bikemad Thu 18 Sep 2014, 9:25 am

Thanks Bandit Dave and to all the others that made a comment on this topic I guess the lesson here is get a post quote before you place a order I just didn't think it could cost $ 89 for something that would fit into 2 x matchboxes and weight less out of the US to Aus.

I think it's a good thing if we all talk about our experiences good and bad to make us all the wiser in this world cheers I have since been issued a refund by Partszilla and will shop for someone else for Suzuki bits .

PS Bandit Dave always a coffee and a chat if your ever passing through Gympie ?

cheers all Kev

bikemad

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Thu 18 Sep 2014, 1:06 pm

Last time I rode through Gympie I could hear banjos playing. It reminded me of the Deliverance movie so I opened the throttle and took off. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry BikeMad, that was not at all true.

Thanks for the invite and likewise.

BTW, if you are ever inclined to travel a little north us Hervey Bay/Maryborough lot get together every Monday and Friday, Friday typically 20-40 bikes.

On Mondays we get a little more adventurous and in the last three months have been to Paradise Dam, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Tin Can Bay and Rainbow Beach.

The Bandit get together at Drake earlier this year was a good weekend. I'm looking forward to Parkes next year. Why not come along?

I will PM you my contact details

BanditDave
Hervey Bay (God's Waiting Room)

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 18 Sep 2014, 1:54 pm

bikemad wrote:I have since been issued a refund by Partszilla and will shop for someone else for Suzuki bits .

Like I said in my reply above this mob are ok if you can bulk up the order.
Knowing what I know about US shipping I'd be certain they're not making anything off the postage/freight.
Suppliers hate charging those prices and often eat into their own margins but thats the deregulated and disjointed system the US uses and its one I hope we never see here.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 18 Sep 2014, 3:42 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
bikemad wrote:I have since been issued a refund by Partszilla and will shop for someone else for Suzuki bits .

Like I said in my reply above this mob are ok if you can bulk up the order.
Knowing what I know about US shipping I'd be certain they're not making anything off the postage/freight.
Suppliers hate charging those prices and often eat into their own margins but thats the deregulated and disjointed system the US uses and its one I hope we never see here.

Now come on, you know we follow the US in every way, shape and form.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 18 Sep 2014, 5:08 pm

Just checked up on one of those frieght forwarding companies, I think you'd have to be ordering fairly constantly to make it worthwhile.  They still use US Postal Services (USPS) so those fee's still apply with their minimum $45-odd charge no matter how small the item.  

Where the value add is that this $45 is up to a certain weight (2 or 3 kgs I think).  So what this company does is setup an address for you at their California warehouse.  You order parts and they are sent to the warehouse and placed in a box, once the box reaches a certain weight, number of items, or you instruct them to send it on, everything is sent to you as one parcel.

The catch(es) are there is a surcharge fee for each item if you have under 5 (I think between 5 and 15 there is no surcharge), there is a $7 fee for handling, and a yearly membership fee of $299 affraid .  They also charge extra if it is an oversized item.  They don't allow multiple people to use the same membership, each has to have their own.  As a welcome to their company, the first 6 parcels are sent with no handling fee (the $7).  And remember the USPS postal costs are on top of all their fee's as well.

So if you were ordering heaps of low weight items I suppose it might work out, but I can't see myself becoming a member in the near future.  BTW they advertise they are one of the cheapest freight forwarders Shocked

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Thu 18 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm

I find the whole US situation rather inconsistent.

As I said in a previous post, Jake Wilson will ship two tyres for $65.

This does not fit in with other experiences I have had when purchasing from the US.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum