Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter run to Bemm River

+3
2wheelsagain
#Tag
Jimcoleman
7 posters

Go down

Winter run to Bemm River  Empty Winter run to Bemm River

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:09 pm

It was a week in the making ( the weather report said so) Road captain Ray suggested lunch at the corryong pub, this sunday itag and myself were somewhat interested, but as the week end drew closer the thought of snow, ice and the shortest day plus one minute was not appealing at all and considering itag has far more sick leave than i do, so broken bones are speciality than mine. So it was suggested to Road Captain Ray that the Bemm River Hotel had a good counter lunch so RC Ray organised a quick run to the pub.

Winter run to Bemm River  Sunris10
so it was a bit of a early start, 8:00am Bega Woolies Caltex 

So Ray, Tag, Ron and Myself met up at the Servo, and off we went, it wasn't that cool, but it wasn't that warm either, heated grips are a wonderful thing as well as good set of thermals. a brisk run to Bemboka, on to the Brown Mountain nice clean run up with little traffic, it will even better when they get around to resurfacing as it starting to break up in patches. Left turn onto the Monaro Highway to Bombala it was starting to get a bit cooler, up another notch on the heated grips then just as ww were about 15 minutes out of bombala it got a we bit foggy, and considering i haven't really ever ridden in thick fog it was a bit of an experience considering the bloody road kept disappearing and the whipers weren't work very well 

Winter run to Bemm River  Fog10
Bombala is here some where 

Winter run to Bemm River  Gopr1110
Found it

Winter run to Bemm River  Gopr1116

Yep this is Bombala

after a bakery break, off to delegate and then my Favourite highway the Bonang with a hope the fog would lift, and when it did what day, plus the kind souls at bombala shire have tarred a bit more dirt on there side but, we must keep the gravel to keep the wanna be's away hence the Police. 

Winter run to Bemm River  Bonang12

Winter run to Bemm River  Gopr1114

Winter run to Bemm River  Bonang13

a refuel at Orbost and a met up with 2WA left turn to the Bemm River Pub

Winter run to Bemm River  Chris11
Scarlett

Winter run to Bemm River  Gopr1117

Yummie lunch at Bemm River Hotel

Winter run to Bemm River  G0041211

getting ready for the run home

Got home at about 4:30 no police no incidents just good mates and lots of fun

Last edited by Jimcoleman on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Winter run to Bemm River  Empty Re: Winter run to Bemm River

Post  #Tag Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:52 pm

Electrons on the South Coast have the shits tonight, James . My Interwebz is chuckin a tanty too.

But before it explodes again-

Ewok, my mentor, my master, you black donut magician you.

That rear PR2 went to heaven today.

Wait for it - at 8016 kms. An absolute world record.

Cue a massive crowd chanting  "YOU   ROCK  EWOK  YOU  ROCK  EWOK" over and over again.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 22 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm

T'was a great day for a ride. Cool but not cold when I left about 9.15 
I was aboard Scarlett for her first "social" gathering since finding her lost 20hp and for good measure adding another 15hp.  I arrived at Orbost slightly ahead of schedule due to only requiring 1 fuel stop Smile and waited at the check point for Jim and gang. 

Before long we're all off to Bemm. A bit of traffic further east just gave me the opportunity to click back 2 slots and round up the less fortunate 4 wheelers Smile JC says Scarlett gave him wood Laughing

We're at the pub and a lady comes in and announces one of the bikes is on its side. Fark we race out and guess who's had a lay down! That fkucing bike is cursed.
Nothing broken but a few scratches.  Side stand sunk into the gravel.  A bike that passed for new this morning is now less than mint. On her first real ride too Sad

Anyway the damage was put into perspective when I got home and found out about a mate who crashed today in NSW and cut his leg off on an Armco Barrier!  His Firestorm had a lay down too. He's off the critical list.

Ride safe brothers and sisters.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 22 Jun 2014, 11:09 pm

Quote " JC says Scarlett gave him wood Winter run to Bemm River  Icon_lol " Quote "

We are eternally grateful he decided to omit that photo  Shocked  Laughing 

Looks like a great day ( despite the weather & mishap )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  #Tag Sun 22 Jun 2014, 11:48 pm

Cursed may be right.
In a large gravel on hardpacked road base carpark Scarlett put her foot down on a 3'' square of soft black soil hidden under the gravel.

NSW is finally taking up Victoria's lead and is installing lower guard rails on Armco barriers (Brown Mountain has just been finished)
Its too late for your friend but hopefully events like this will be reduced.
#Tag
#Tag

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 23 Jun 2014, 6:22 pm

All fixed
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 23 Jun 2014, 7:23 pm

!Tag wrote:Electrons on the South Coast have the shits tonight, James . My Interwebz is chuckin a tanty too.

Cue a massive crowd chanting  "YOU   ROCK  EWOK  YOU  ROCK  EWOK" over and over again.

Well, 8016 kms is, er good ( Very Happy ).  Let's see if we can get to 5 figures.

PS: I think it's time for a change of medicine - those current pills are not working like they should!  bounce  bounce  bounce  cherry
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 23 Jun 2014, 10:16 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:
!Tag wrote:Electrons on the South Coast have the shits tonight, James . My Interwebz is chuckin a tanty too.

Well, 8016 kms is, er good ( Very Happy ).  Let's see if we can get to 5 figures.

PS: I think it's time for a change of medicine - those current pills are not working like they should!  bounce  bounce  bounce  cherry
Got to crawl before you can walk there ewok
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 24 Jun 2014, 7:15 am

Great report and pics Jim. As always.    Sorry about the "event"  2W. That sux.  Hope the damage was minimal. Looks like you Guys n Gals down south are about to get some real winter.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 24 Jun 2014, 9:04 am

Hammy wrote: Looks like you Guys n Gals down south are about to get some real winter.

Yep , makes for an interesting ride to & from work ................nothing like a bit of aqua-planing around a bend / corner to check if the old " clacker valve " still works  Shocked

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 14 Aug 2014, 3:39 pm

Hammy wrote:Sorry about the "event"  2W. That sux.  Hope the damage was minimal.

So after a few weeks of IMR and Sale Honda playing tag I finally dropped Scarlett off this morning to be fitted with new parts as a result of her drunken lay down outside the Bemm River Pub.
$3200 later her left hand side is brand new while her right hand side in 14yrs old. I've done a deal with Sale Honda I'm picking up all the replaced bits tomorrow while they are keeping the scratched Delkavic muffler and I'm only out $100 excess. I'm sure I'll be able to offload the bits amongst the Firestorm community so I might even come out in front.

For those who think insurance is for fools its amasing how easy it is to rack up $3200 in parts. This is my first claim in 30 years of riding and driving so yes I'm well behind but I'm glad I had it.

Thanks to Jim Coleman for almost insisting I claim it. I'm glad I did now. I was going to get a mate of a mate to patch her up but Jim set me straight. Thanks mate Smile
Here is Scarlett as of 3:00pm back at work today.

Winter run to Bemm River  20140810

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  straff1250 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:24 am

She looks in awsome nick 2WA.

How did you get the extra horses missing from her?

I fixed my missing clutch by just bleeding. Not sure wether clutch plates had stuck or how any air had got into system but all good now.

Just getting her ready to take to Broadford for a bit of a fun.

Cheers.
straff1250
straff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 18 Aug 2014, 8:38 am

straff1250 wrote:She looks in awsome nick 2WA.

How did you get the extra horses missing from her?

I fixed my missing clutch by just bleeding. Not sure wether clutch plates had stuck or how any air had got into system but all good now.

Just getting her ready to take to Broadford for a bit of a fun.

Cheers.

Thanks mate. Yes if you didnt know much about bikes she would pass for brand new. There wont be many 14yr old B1250's in years to come that will look new still. The brand new LH fairing is a perfect match to the 14yr old RH fairing for colour. Honda's arent perfect and my bike has had all the usual "suspect parts" replaced before they go bang but you can see quality most places you look.

The missing ponies were found in a multi carb tear down. My poor mate had them off and on 10 times he reckons and if you know whats involved in that thats a big ask. The Dynojet kit didnt fix the problem. Just moved it up the rev range and made the surge more savage. We even swapped ignition components after that but still no good. It wasnt until he swapped the carbs off his Storm was it nailed. It turned out to be a crook diaphram on the rear carb. It wasnt cracked/split just not seating properly so at certain vacuum levels the slide was opening then closing. The needles are in slot 4 now and #48 pilots and #180 & #185 main jets fitted. New petcock. CBR954 calipers and braided lines pull her up nicely. The stock suspension is still pretty good. Mught drop the forks 5mm soon. Any more and she will need a steering damper.

Not only have the missing ponies been found but they are much bigger ponies in the midrange too. Not dynoed but similar states of tune see 115 - 118hp at the rear on 195kg Smile
Just wish I didnt need to own shares in BP!

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  straff1250 Mon 18 Aug 2014, 9:39 am

Yep that is one of the major draw backs on the storms, very thirsty.

But I guess if you were after fuel economy you wouldn't be looking at these bikes anyway.

Just the sound of them makes it all worth while.
straff1250
straff1250

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Mon 18 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm

straff1250 wrote:Yep that is one of the major draw backs on the storms, very thirsty.

But I guess if you were after fuel economy you wouldn't be looking at these bikes anyway.

Just the sound of them makes it all worth while.
When it sounds as good as that then who cares how much fuel it uses

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum