Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter gloves. Who needs them?

3 posters

Go down

Winter gloves. Who needs them?  Empty Winter gloves. Who needs them?

Post  Bosco15 Sun 18 May 2014, 3:13 pm

Just back from a weekend ride from Newcastle to Dubbo and back along The Golden Hwy.
Lovely autumn weather for it and a great test run for the new Bark Busters "Blizzard" hand guards and Zero Gravity touring screen.
Riding "Jewel" with the screen and Blizzards back to back with "Rolls' girl" with "Storm" guards and stock screen, really highlighted how good a setup we have on the new bike.
Summer gloves, riding along in a bubble of calm air feeling toasty. Swap onto the old girl and feel the maelstrom of buffeting and cool breeze around my hands.
The Storm guards are good, but the Blizzards are awesome!
Chris remarked on the amount of air hitting her chest after a day riding with the new screen and then swapping to Rolls bike.
I like having the two generations of Bandit. Amazing how different they are from one another. Both have their pluses.

Back to top Go down

Winter gloves. Who needs them?  Empty Re: Winter gloves. Who needs them?

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 18 May 2014, 8:11 pm

I've always appreciated the functionality of the hand guards but not the look.  But my 'Fives' winter gloves are now starting to show their ineffectiveness in colder extremes.  Time for a change of attitude here maybe?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Sun 18 May 2014, 8:35 pm

The Blizzard guards are super easy to fit and remove. Literally one screw in the bar end and a elasticated strap at the other.
So simple that you could carry them with you and fit them if the weather turned inclement.
I'm not overly enamored with the look, either, but function over fashion for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 18 May 2014, 9:04 pm

I like that.  Sounds like something to extend my winter riding.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 18 May 2014, 9:26 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:I've always appreciated the functionality of the hand guards but not the look.  
x2
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down