Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIVE SA WFX1 GLOVES

4 posters

Go down

FIVE SA WFX1 GLOVES Empty FIVE SA WFX1 GLOVES

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:55 pm

With another Canberra winter having arrived, I decided I'd shout myself a new set of winter gloves. Had intended to buy some Ixons but the shop assistant said he had some Fives (model WFX1) that were warmer. Also pricier at $170. However, in Canberra you can never have gloves that are too warm and, instead of buying the Ixons and wondering forever more if those Fives were really warmer I just bought the Fives instead. I should have sat on one of the shop bikes with them on but rode home with them instead. That was when I noticed that Five had sown a piece of carbon fibre onto the outside of the palms, curving around the glove. Because the carbon fibre had no flex it pushed the outside of my hands up off the grips which I didn't like. Although they seemed warm enough, I couldn't see how I was ever going to get to like that piece of carbon fibre. End result, took to the stitching on the new $170 gloves with a scalpel and removed the carbon fibre piece. Then I found some old Air Force gloves which I used to cut out 2 patches and my wife then successfully stitched up the hole in the new Fives. Pity the Airforce gloves were brown and not black. Whilst they might look a bit second-hand, they feel much better on the grips.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was thinking of buying this glove type.

FIVE SA WFX1 GLOVES Xxxx0110
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

FIVE SA WFX1 GLOVES Empty Re: FIVE SA WFX1 GLOVES

Post  Four40 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

I'm onto my second pair of Five RFX1's. The stitching in the middle finger, right hand had failed, leaving my finger exposed. CMC swapped them over without an issue. Surprisingly I can still use them during the days, even with all the vents. I haven't really had an issue with the carbon palm pad though

As for winter gloves, my 4 year old pair of Dri Ride Storms are getting close to replacement, probably with another pair of Storms. The rubber wiper blade attachment is a godsend when your visor ices up (which it did on Sunday morning)
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:12 pm

Four40 wrote:when your visor ices up (which it did on Sunday morning)
You Canberra blokes are crazy affraid No

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 20 Jun 2011, 7:41 pm

minus 5C Sunday morning... enough to seriously re-arrange your brass monkey.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down