Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK

2 posters

Go down

Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK Empty Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK

Post  barry_mcki Fri 25 Jun 2010, 9:57 pm

Hi all,

I managed to snare myself a set of factory full fairings on eBay UK, I only paid £35 for them as they are 2nd hand with a bit of repair work done. They're now sitting at a mates dad's place in Essex.

Does anyone know what would be the cheapest way to get them sent over here, the box doesn't weigh much but is about 800x800x400mm. I'm not too fussed in how long it would take.

UPS want between $170 - $225, I'm sure there are cheaper rates, anyone had any recent experience ?

Thanks

Barry
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK Empty Re: Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK

Post  barry_mcki Tue 20 Jul 2010, 7:37 pm

Well, I finally settled on a shipping company, Transglobal Express, cost £98 door to door (about AU$170) airfrieght.

Transglobal are a front office company and use main stream international carriers, in my case it was DHL. They are cheaper than going directly to UPS or DHL, I assume they buy bulk freight space to get the better price. There was a little bit of extra paper work, having a friend in the UK helped heaps, would Joe Blow from eBay do all this for you ???

I felt like an expectant dad watching the parcel on the DHL internet tracking screen go through the different check points on its trip over. Anyway 5 days from being picked up in Essex it was delivery to my house here in Canberra, no damaged what so ever.

PowerBronze sell new full fairings for AU$465 plus delivery in any color as long as you want Black.

My cost all up eBay and delivery AU$230.

Was it worth it ? Yes.

Would I do it again - I don't think so, not from the UK at least. UK shipping charges suck big time - $170 for a parcel that weighs less than 3kg. I know it's worked out on cubic measurements however my experiencve with US purchases is that the frieght cost are insignicant.

Cheers,

Barry

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK Empty Re: Best (read cheapest) method to get a package sent from the UK

Post  Cameron Tue 20 Jul 2010, 8:41 pm

Good to hear you are happy with it all.
Post up some pics when its all together.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down