Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value

4 posters

Go down

Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value Empty Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value

Post  GGiant Tue 11 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm

I just ordered an Airhawk cushion seat for my old riding buddy. Finally, he gave in, after sitting on my Bandit for a while ( I won't let him ride it!).

Just wanted to let other bandits know that Airhawk does the "medium cruiser" for the Bandit for $130 posted now. So if you are thinking about a new seat and don't mind the look of the cushion destroying the sleek lines of the Bandit, this could be a good option.

You know how that last 100km can be a pain in the butt. Well I have overcome that with the Airhawk.

My next comfort challenge is to somehow adjust the knee armour in the legs of the bike pants. These seem to bend too tightly around my knee and put pressure on the knee cap, and after a few hundred km is very sore!! 

GG

Back to top Go down

Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value Empty Re: Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value

Post  madmax Tue 11 Feb 2014, 5:04 pm

GGiant wrote:I just ordered an Airhawk cushion seat for my old riding buddy. Finally, he gave in, after sitting on my Bandit for a while ( I won't let him ride it!).

Just wanted to let other bandits know that Airhawk does the "medium cruiser" for the Bandit for $130 posted now. So if you are thinking about a new seat and don't mind the look of the cushion destroying the sleek lines of the Bandit, this could be a good option.

You know how that last 100km can be a pain in the butt. Well I have overcome that with the Airhawk.

My next comfort challenge is to somehow adjust the knee armour in the legs of the bike pants. These seem to bend too tightly around my knee and put pressure on the knee cap, and after a few hundred km is very sore!! 

GG

I got my Airhawk delivered last week and have been testing it out over the last two days. Only short 20min commuting trips. Just trying to get the amount of air right.
I only intend on using it on long trips as the Sargent seat is pretty good for up to about 400k.

2 things I've noticed with the Airhawk

• it will, obviously raise the seat height
  • I seem to end up positioned hard up against the tank and have to keep repositioning myself.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value Empty Re: Airhawk Medium Cruiser - Good Value

Post  GGiant Tue 11 Feb 2014, 5:40 pm

MM,

One of the tricks is actually to have just about 'no air'. It is best to start with just a slight puff. You should be able to squeeze at any point and come to a stop against your other finger - no  air cushion between the fingers.

Under a distributed backside weight over the whole seat of course  the air support does its thing. You may have too much air the airhawk. With too much air you also tend to roll around on the seat. Definitely best to have just about nil air. This may also overcome the sliding towards the fuel tank.

Hang in there with it, but suggest let the air out and start again.

When you sort the air pressure, having it a little way up the tank is good to give a little front support, (I have a 1/2 tank bag/cover) but this is a matter of individual comfort.

Cheers GG

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 11 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm

I've been trying it over the last too days and I have let the air out 3 times. I think I have it about right now as there is so little air in it I am almost sitting on the seat.

The seat height problem is very minor and I find I am only moving forward if I frequently stop.
Should be all good for the Drake ride, I think I'm the furthest traveller.

Now if my new helmet would just hurry up and arrive!

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 11 Feb 2014, 8:58 pm

+1 for airhawk and Sargent seat

As states only put enough air in so you are still just touching the seat. I also find sitting a little further back at the start bulges the front of the cushion a little so your balls don't mash the tank. You still should be hanging on with your legs anyway Razz
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:58 am

madmax wrote:I've been trying it over the last too days and I have let the air out 3 times. I think I have it about right now as there is so little air in it I am almost sitting on the seat.

The seat height problem is very minor and I find I am only moving forward if I frequently stop.
Should be all good for the Drake ride, I think I'm the furthest traveller.

Now if my new helmet would just hurry up and arrive!

New Lid !   What type MM  ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 12 Feb 2014, 7:41 am

New Vision R. My old one is a series 1 and apart from being too big it has been dropped too many times

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 12 Feb 2014, 7:41 am

New Vision R. My old one is a series 1 and apart from being too big it has been dropped too many times

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 12 Feb 2014, 8:10 am

madmax wrote:New Vision R. My old one is a series 1 and apart from being too big it has been dropped too many times

Ahh.  I got the Bluetooth thingy for my Shark.  The one where the battery goes in the back of the helmet. The thing on the side is nice and small. Not big and bulky like some.  Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down