Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ooh parking lights

+2
Bosco15
stu
6 posters

Go down

ooh parking lights Empty ooh parking lights

Post  stu Mon 13 Jan 2014, 4:55 pm

...as I was parking the 06 today I realised I'd never used the steering lock and then I noticed the thing has parking lights, too. Very flash!

Too bad it took me a good solid few minutes of wiggling and pushing the key to get it back out of the steering lock position.... guess I won't be using them parking lights after all  Rolling Eyes  (accessed past the steering lock position)....

stu

Back to top Go down

ooh parking lights Empty Re: ooh parking lights

Post  Bosco15 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 5:59 pm

A little bit of pressure on the bars towards full lock whilst trying to undo steering lock helps with mine. 
Don't know if yours is the same,  but worth trying.

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 13 Jan 2014, 10:14 pm

Once your steering is locked , let the key spring up to its natural position , then turn it to access the parking lights without pushing the key down to turn them on or off ( pushing the key down is only to access the steering lock part of the switch ) ..............It's not unheard of for them to be accidentally activated during the day if your not careful , resulting in the predictable flat battery at the end of the day . .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Truck bandit Wed 15 Jan 2014, 8:47 am

The question is, whay do they even put 'Parking Lights' on cars and bikes these days?  to flatten batteries?

Are they a requirement by law to have them on if the vehicle is parked on the side of the road at night time???

They are more of an inconvenience than anything if you leave them on after driving with them during the day.

The only thing they are good for is changing the bulbs to BLUE and scaring the hell out of other riders/drivers into thinking that you are the cops!!!

They get me everytime, must mean I ride with a guilty concience I suppose. Not that I speed at all when i ride.....

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 15 Jan 2014, 8:54 am

Must admit. They do seem about as useful as an ashtray.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 15 Jan 2014, 8:57 am

Truck bandit wrote:The question is, whay do they even put 'Parking Lights' on cars and bikes these days?  to flatten batteries?

Are they a requirement by law to have them on if the vehicle is parked on the side of the road at night time???

Yes

Truck bandit wrote:They are more of an inconvenience than anything if you leave them on after driving with them during the day.

The only thing they are good for is changing the bulbs to BLUE and scaring the hell out of other riders/drivers into thinking that you are the cops!!!

They get me everytime, must mean I ride with a guilty concience I suppose. Not that I speed at all when i ride.....

I can't for the life of me understand why people drive around with only parkers on. Its not like they actually make you more visible, if your going to turn them on then you might as well turn the headlights on as well

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down