Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new bandit owner

+6
Reardo
Dink.1170
Big Al
Cameron
grahame
10 posters

Go down

new bandit owner Empty new bandit owner

Post  grahame Sat 05 Jun 2010, 5:55 pm

thanks reardo, just purchased my new bandit, only 2nd suzuki ive ever owned, the 1st being a 84 gsx1100efe, which i wasnt impressed with, since then mostly hondas, but the last being a zrx, any ideas how many kms i can get to a tankful touring?
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

new bandit owner Empty Re: new bandit owner

Post  Cameron Sat 05 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

Welcome mate.
Fuel wise, i get around the 300km mark commuting, not really much past that. When i strech the fuel out, i usually have around 2L left in the tank.

Admin

Back to top Go down

new bandit owner Empty new bandit owner

Post  Big Al Sat 05 Jun 2010, 7:38 pm

Hey Man welcome!
I start looking for a drink after 300ks or so the other week I squeezed 337ks but when I refueled I could see the screws in the tank floor, recon I had a 1/4lt left, Very Happy

Back to top Go down

new bandit owner Empty thirsty

Post  grahame Sat 05 Jun 2010, 7:49 pm

thanks big al, dont know if i could let it get that low, the gauge flashes pretty early though plus 1st bike ive had with no reserve switch
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:19 am

When the "Bowser"symbol starts flashing, if you touring, it is time to consider your next fuel stop; i.e. fuel before leaving this town or wait for the next one, when the "Bowser"symbol and the last segment are flashing together you have about ten kilometres of fuel left. I tend to average about 20 km/litre touring, so theoretically 380 kms per tank, I fuel at about 350.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:59 am

Welcome to the forum mate. So have I read that post correctly...1250 doesn't have a reserve tap/tank Shocked . I'd be stuffed. I have never really tried to work out fuel economy in detail, commuting I get 5 trips to and from work, easy. Touring, I just fill up when I need a coffee and/or a pee, again, easy. I have run dry once, had to turn to reserve and forgot to turn it back, next time waited for the pop and fart..and game over Embarassed , lesson learned.

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Sun 06 Jun 2010, 10:25 am

Ok thanks for the advice, this is the first fuel injected bike ive owned, probably why it has no choke? I read somewhere that some people only get 3000ks out of the original rear tyre? hope thats not true,apparently they wear pretty quick
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 06 Jun 2010, 10:48 am

Yeah i got 3000km. ive seen people get less than that. The original tyres are crap.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 06 Jun 2010, 12:09 pm

Welcome again Grahame.

I get shit milage coz of my modes and twitchy right hand.
Same go's with the rear, gone through 2 of the original dunlopes and one front in 6500k's.
Switching to Michelin Pilot Road²
new bandit owner Schema10

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  willo Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:25 pm

Hey Grahame you spell your name wrong, welcome Graham Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
willo
willo

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:35 pm

hey willo
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

new bandit owner Empty you won't look back gra-gra (not the only cheeky one on here ay reardo!!)

Post  ohmyfj55 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 9:41 pm

HI Graham, welcom mate.

i remember the days of 350klms a tank before mucking around with it. The first mod, a Staintune, started altering that.

As for the rear tyre, got 3400 out of the OEM tyre. Read some reviews through a couple of mags and then backed it up with the checks on forums and went the Michelin pilot road 2 front and rear.

8800klms on it now and i kid you not, the rear does not even look worn. My "chicken strips" are only about 10mm so she goes through the corners confidently as my first "big" bike and with the majority of klms as straight running, am just amazed at tyre-wear, or lack of it.

Have read one post of an owner getting just over 20,000klms out of these tyres.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. will try to answer what i can.

There are some very informed riders/owners on here that seem to be only too willing to share.

It's great.

Regards,
nathan
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:15 am

I got 2100kms out of the original tyres;front and rear.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:48 am

I've got an 02 model 1200, so this may be worthless to you, but around town the best I can hope for before reserve (4lt left) is around 200km. On a long trip on the highway (no playing) I can get around 350km.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:52 am

ok nathan, i spose i better start saving for tyres, thats right those were days of getting 350 ks to a tank, nowadays touring you pass a heap of cars only to see them pass while your refuelling. My last bike the ZRX, i did about 16000ks in two and a half years, replaced both of em, but they had been on bike for a few years before replacing them.Mainly only use bike for work bout 80ks a week, maybe a trip up to Airlie Beach now and again[from Mackay},,and a yearly trip down to Bundaberg and Childers which is About 1400ks round trip fromMackay
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Mon 07 Jun 2010, 11:57 am

Thanks Mick, i was hoping it would be a lot better fuel economy on the highway, cause it does go down quick around town, after my first 1000ks i might take a trip down south.100km/h 3300 revs, only idling, cant wait for a trip. Should have my givi rack this week, got a radgard on order plus an extenda fenda (maybe a few tyres too)
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:02 pm

Fuel economy and tyre wear has as much to do with how hard you twist your wrist as anything else.

I know a bloke who 'claimed' to get 25,000km from a Metlzer Roadtech Z6, where as I got roughly 15,000km before the tyre needed replacing. Obviously I'm a bit more spirited with twisting the grip than he is.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:18 pm

true mick(twisting throttle) i do ride a bit slower these days so maybe ive got nothing to worry about (44 now) my old mans 82 and still rides his old cx500 sports
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 07 Jun 2010, 2:05 pm

Tire wear has a lot to do with road surface too. Not all bitumen is the same Smile
Also weight has a big impact as does speed and general tire care.
The stock D208's that were fitted seemed to grip better cold than the PR2 but after 5km using both sides of the tire there is no difference and at 12,000km mine are still going strong. I'll get close to 15,000km out of the rear and that will bring me up to the better riding weather so new tires for spring/summer and the Bandit meet weekend Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 08 Jun 2010, 4:33 pm

grahame wrote:true mick(twisting throttle) i do ride a bit slower these days so maybe ive got nothing to worry about (44 now) my old mans 82 and still rides his old cx500 sports

Yep, I'm 45 this year and am some what slower than I used to be. I think that has more to do with the realisation the effect that speeding fines and major accidents will have on my job.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  willo Tue 08 Jun 2010, 9:09 pm

grahame wrote:true mick(twisting throttle) i do ride a bit slower these days so maybe ive got nothing to worry about (44 now) my old mans 82 and still rides his old cx500 sports

Yep, I'm 45 this year and am some what slower than I used to be. I think that has more to do with the realisation the effect that speeding fines and major accidents will have on my job.
your both puppys I just turned 52 but I've got to agree with you's since I've gone back to driving for a living it has slowed me down on the bike.. Graham Very Happy Very Happy
willo
willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum