Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

+7
Dekenai
Hammy
madmax
Ewok1958
reddog
Chief
avandr
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi Empty Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  avandr Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

Hi all just turning 60 in Jan and decided to buy a new bike to celebrate.
After lots of research I finally settled on a GSX1250FA as it suits my requirements to a tee.
The bike is 2012 model, has compliance 11/11
Just a quick question, how do I identify the make date as I am not sure if it is in fact 2012 or perhaps 2011 model?
Dealer swears that it is 2012.
One reason I am asking is that I am looking to replace the can with a Yoshimura R-77 and I can only find to fit 2011 , is it different to 2012?
One more question, are these made in Japan or China, or parts from Japan assembled in China?

Looking forward to the forum
Thanks in advance
Adrian Very Happy
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi Empty Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  Chief Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:29 am

Welcome Adrian...........

Good choice for your Birthday. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

We always seem to do better when we buy our 'OWN' presents.

As far as I understand, if it is complianced as a 2011 THEN IT IS A 2011..............

On the right side just above the can, is the build plate. The date on that is THE "year of the bike".

Any other date mentioned is just dealer waffle. Sales Tricks.... It may have been in the showroom in 2012, but if it was built in 2011 then that is what it is.

The bikes are Jap made. I would be dissapointed if I found a 'Made In China' sticker somewhere...

Have fun with the bike. You will love it.

Back to top Go down

Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi Empty Re: Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi

Post  reddog Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

An exhaust from any year Bandit 1250 will fit. Good choice of steed btw and welcome to the site.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 13 Nov 2013, 11:58 am

Welcome to the forum - and I'm sure you'll enjoy the Yoshi.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:04 pm

Welcome to the forum Adrian

Great choice, of course I'm biased.

I have a 05/11 GSX1250FA which of course is definitely a 2011 model. Yours is also a 2011 model however being so close to the end of the year it may have the 2012 update which is only different colours I believe, (I know there is a different blue colour with grey frame and side panels). Don't think there are any other "improvements"

The headers are the same I'd say Yoshi just haven't updated the listing.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:09 pm

Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 13 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

Yoshi exhausts are made in the US of A.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

Hammy wrote:Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing
Hammy is skating on thin ice Laughing

Your bike is a 2011 bike but was built for the 2012 year The Bandit/GSX year starts in Oct so it depends on if you want the official year or the model year. Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
The good news for you is there is no difference as far as the machine is concerned but you better insure it as a 2011.

Oh welcome Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:47 pm

G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:52 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
No but as fun as an oil thread Laughing
Yoshi are too long in my opinion but they look better than Staintune. 
Even my 380mm Beowulf should be around the 300mm mark I reckon.

I might have some news on Monday Jimmy Wink

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  avandr Wed 13 Nov 2013, 4:27 pm

Dekenai wrote:Yoshi exhausts are made in the US of A.
Sorry Dekenai I should have asked where the bike is manufactured, a contact in Japan told me a lot of Suzuki bikes are now produced in China.
Cheers
Adrian
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm

Welcome Adrian....................maybe you should've bought a bus if you usually take the family with you  Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm

avandr wrote:
Dekenai wrote:Yoshi exhausts are made in the US of A.
Sorry Dekenai I should have asked where the bike is manufactured, a contact in Japan told me a lot of Suzuki bikes are now produced in China.
Cheers
Adrian
No problem...actually have a R77 carbon/carbon inbound from the states atm.  According to the tracking it arrived in OZ yesterday, so, by the grace of Australia post should be here by end on the month Wink
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Hammy wrote:Hi Adrian and welcome aboard.  Great bike and your at a great site.  Just don't upset 2W. Laughing

Your bike is a 2011 bike but was built for the 2012 year The Bandit/GSX year starts in Oct so it depends on if you want the official year or the model year. Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
The good news for you is there is no difference as far as the machine is concerned but you better insure it as a 2011.

Oh welcome Smile
See 2W,  now that wasn't hard was it ?  We are all Gods children and we should love one another. I love you I love you I love you
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:52 pm

Hammy wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:

Oh welcome Smile
See 2W,  now that wasn't hard was it ?  We are all Gods children and we should love one another. I love you I love you I love you
My cunning plan is working *insert evil cackle*

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:23 pm

If I had my time again I would have bought a full arrow system. The quality of their gear is very good unfortunately Yoshimura was the only slip on available in 07/08, there were no headers made for quite some time. Development work and aftermarket parts take a lot longer on sports tourers it appears. Obviously down to if there is profit in it I guess.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm

reddog wrote:If I had my time again I would have bought a full arrow system. The quality of their gear is very good unfortunately Yoshimura was the only slip on available in 07/08, there were no headers made for quite some time. Development work and aftermarket parts take a lot longer on sports tourers it appears. Obviously down to if there is profit in it I guess.
Dog, why you say that for...now you got me 2nd guessing myself again...
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy the Boy Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

I agree with you TWA that the slightly older ones, like mine 2004, look a bit longish. But the new R77 carbon Tri oval is spot on. And sounds fantastic to boot.
Jimmy the Boy
Jimmy the Boy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:I agree with you TWA that the slightly older ones, like mine 2004, look a bit longish. But the new R77 carbon Tri oval is spot on. And sounds fantastic to boot.
I just wish they made a shorty. Quality is excellent. 
Its an individual thing I suppose. 
Can't wait for Sunday Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:32 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:I agree with you TWA that the slightly older ones, like mine 2004, look a bit longish. But the new R77 carbon Tri oval is spot on. And sounds fantastic to boot.
$583 for the Bandit. Delivered from the States.      JAN !!!  What did you say you were buying me for Xmas ?  No
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm

Jimmy the Boy wrote:G'day Adrian welcome, Suzuki release the next years bikes the previous November, it's been going on since Jesus got his for Christmas. So the dealer wasn't lying ( strange? ) but it is made in 2011. The Yoshi will fit and is the best pipe going, am I right Ewok?Very Happy
Dead right JTB.  Here's a pic to wet the lips.
Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi Xxx56_10
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 14 Nov 2013, 6:13 am

Ewok1958 wrote:
Dead right JTB.  Here's a pic to wet the lips.
Old guy new bike / new member saying Hi Xxx56_10
Swap ya for a Delkevic CF, a standard 1250 and a standard 1200 can. Cool Suspect
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 14 Nov 2013, 7:37 am

2wheelsagain wrote:
 Its in the dealers interest to call it a newer bike though isn't it.
Until you want to trade it in then no doubt they will be calling it a 2011 model

Welcome Adrian
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:44 am

Dekenai wrote:
reddog wrote:If I had my time again I would have bought a full arrow system. The quality of their gear is very good unfortunately Yoshimura was the only slip on available in 07/08, there were no headers made for quite some time. Development work and aftermarket parts take a lot longer on sports tourers it appears. Obviously down to if there is profit in it I guess.
Dog, why you say that for...now you got me 2nd guessing myself again...
Haha.  It's personal choice to be honest mate. As for the exhaust being too long, do what my brother did on his ZX7 and cut the carbon muffler shorter with an angle grinder. Just mark it with masking tape and cut with a thin cutting disk Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  avandr Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

Thanks for all you input guys, I will need to go the Yoshi can asap as my right heel locking under the std one every time I hop on.
Cheers
Adrian
avandr
avandr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next