Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIVI Topbox 46LT

+4
Cameron
b12mick
Baz
8 posters

Go down

GIVI Topbox 46LT Empty GIVI Topbox 46LT

Post  Baz Tue 09 Mar 2010, 9:20 pm

Those of you who have seen my bike know I had a Coocase 48LT on a SW-Motech rack ... I wasn't happy with it, so I bought a set of Givi's including side case V35 which are not fitted yet.

The Givi rack is far superior imo, no chance of it falling and scratching the crap out the tail paintwork.

GIVI Topbox 46LT Givitopbox46lt_rear_25

GIVI Topbox 46LT GiviTopbox46LT_leftside_24
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

GIVI Topbox 46LT Empty Re: GIVI Topbox 46LT

Post  b12mick Wed 10 Mar 2010, 9:46 am

I've been considering getting a Givi top box, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it or not. How much can you fit in a 48lt, for example is it big enough to put 2 full face helmets in it?
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Wed 10 Mar 2010, 6:44 pm

The Givi gear is great stuff. Ive got the smaller one. somtimes i wish i had the next size up, but if fitted everything i needed for my four day ride, including extra shoes, wet weather gear and all that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 10 Mar 2010, 7:14 pm

b12mick wrote:I've been considering getting a Givi top box, but I'm not sure whether it's worth it or not. How much can you fit in a 48lt, for example is it big enough to put 2 full face helmets in it?

I've only had one full face in mine but only on one side .. there a whole other side to go, I'll load it up with two and let you know.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  1836 Wed 10 Mar 2010, 8:17 pm

How much for the Givi item compared to the Coocase jobby. You're obviously happy with the Givi. I have a no name brand that I bought in the UK that I got for £10 off ebay and it has served me well.........it's starting to look a bit old now and would like a new one and a little bigger. Just interested in seeing others opinions about different brands.

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 10 Mar 2010, 8:34 pm

1836 wrote:How much for the Givi item compared to the Coocase jobby. You're obviously happy with the Givi. I have a no name brand that I bought in the UK that I got for £10 off ebay and it has served me well.........it's starting to look a bit old now and would like a new one and a little bigger. Just interested in seeing others opinions about different brands.

I can't find the receipt for the coocase but it was over $600 as it was the luxury version 48 lt & it came with a built-in alarm and remote control to unlock the case BUT I could never get these to work, still under warranty but i would have to send it back to WA and can't be bothered .. so I will be selling it cheap soon on the for sale section of this forum when I take all the bits apart and take photos. I still think the SW-Motech rack is a bad design but it could be made better if you had access to a lathe and turn up some bushes for the mounting holes.

The GIVI, well I bought a whole lot of items and got a 17.5% discount of the prices listed below.. but this is the email I got from Bikebiz:

Hey Barry,

I quickly ran some prices and checked availability for you on black cases, if you were after a different colour we can check on those for you too. The only thing you will see that is different is that I have priced up a 46Lt topbox rather than the 37. The 37Lt. box is designed more for scooters, and would not look/work/fit particularly well with your bike or the side panniers you also asked for. The V46 box is the one designed for you, and is easily a better pick. If we can help you out with any of this gear just get in touch!

Side Boxes V35: $820 for the pair
Top Box V46: $520
Side Mounts: $285
Top Box Mount: $275

Keep in mind too we are running a big special at the moment, so whilst the total discount will depend on the items you purchase, if you went for these four parts you would grab 17.5% off, more than $300!!
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 10 Mar 2010, 10:33 pm

Someone should comment so you're not dissapointed.

Cute Photoshopped number plate!

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Wed 10 Mar 2010, 10:43 pm

Looks OK Baz!

I was going to go down the Givi route when I purchased the bike, but the person who was told to serve me at the dealership (by the salesman who I had purchased the bike from) must have had better things to do - like scratch his arse or something. He showed me the website pictures, from a distance of around 6 feet as the pc was behind the counter. Couldn't even be arsed taking me to the other end of the showroom where I found a full display. The decision was made pretty quickly to not spend any more at that dealership other than the on road cost of the bike.

Hepco & Becker Juniors is what I went with, & so far so good.

You're right about the SWMotech bracket. The H&B bracket has braces inside the tail to help distribute the weight which the swm doesn't. Even with those extra braces I must have overloaded the bracket with the camera gear as I had a bolt shear. Nothing a trip to Bunnings couldn't fix.

Must have a closer look at the Givis next time I run into you.

FarRider #412

GIVI Topbox 46LT Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 11 Mar 2010, 8:46 pm

Re-cycled wrote:Someone should comment so you're not dissapointed.

Cute Photoshopped number plate!

Every time I see that Austin Powers scene I laugh my head off.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveA1963 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

I ordered the Hepco & Becker rack today and will order the "Journey" 50Ltr box next week.

Rack

and

50 Litre Box

$256.20 for the rack including postage to Darwin.

The Givi is prettier (and more expensive!), but I found the one I had just rattled, and I didn't actually find the quality that good.

I've had a $150 RJay's cheapy on the back of the KLR for the last 2 years and it's been grouse! Used day-in, day-out for work, travel, bush-work, etc. No leakage and no problems whatsoever. I just don't think Givi's are worth the bucks.

Cheers!

2011 Bandit 1250SA
DaveA1963
DaveA1963

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sat 16 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

I've got the full Givi touring kit that came for free with the bike when I brought it in Oct 2007. I use the top box all the time and seriously it is a good bit of kit. Only a V35 but can hold a helmet and other bits and pieces easily. The only thing I wil mention is when you fit the racks use light strength locktite on the bolts as I have had one bolt part company on a ride shortly after fitting.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum