Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Ride Guys n Gals ?

+12
DMoney
trip01
barry_mcki
Kiwisteve
Sunshine Coast Mikey
ausrock50
quizguy
grahame
fucku
holdenman
gus
Hammy
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Next Ride Guys n Gals ? - Page 3 Empty Next Ride Guys n Gals ?

Post  Hammy Wed 30 May 2012, 10:52 am

First topic message reminder :

OK. Lets not worry about a bit of fresh crisp cool air. Who is up for another ride soon ? Hows about a journey northsde ? That way we might be able to meet up with some of our northern cousins. geek Get ya thinkin' caps on and post up some ideas. NOW !!! Smile
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Next Ride Guys n Gals ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Next Ride Guys n Gals ?

Post  DMoney Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:31 am

Yep, I am more than happy with that ride, lets hope we can get a few more interested in the meantime!
DMoney
DMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:57 am

This is a route I do from where I live taking in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland that is quite nice for a cruise along, might offer some fodder for consideration. The good part is you have outs along the highway if you need to get home quickly.

Google Map link
Long Route, with no Bruce Highway.

I also have it as a GPX file for uploading into a GPS unit.

Last edited by ThatOtherGuy on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

sounds good.
Done that trip a few times. always good. curves just before kenilworth are great.
I may be back in brisbane by that time. heading south on driving holiday to daylesford just prior to that and am unsure as to whether I would be back in time.

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 03 Sep 2012, 6:27 pm

I'm good for Sunday 16th. Unfortunately Jan will not be able to make it. Where and what time will be the starting point on the north side ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  DMoney Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:44 am

For Brisbane Northsiders, how about meeting at the start of the route that "That other guy" posted, BP Albany Creek at 8:00am, take the long route through mt mee etc & meet the Sunny Coast guys at the Bellbird Cafe at Kennilworth mid morning, grab a coffee & a scone then continue the ride from there????
DMoney
DMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

Sounds good to me. May or may not have ThatOtherGirl with me, depends on other planets aligning. Haven't been west of the route I posted yet, so looking forward to going out that way. Always like to scope out enjoyable day ride options.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:02 pm

The earliest I can leave Rdland Bay will be about 7:10am ( can take my bike over on saturday ). Where would you suggest to be a good place to meet up. I don't think that I would make it to Albany Creek by 8am ( legally anyway ). Don't mind heading north, or in any other direction for a meet up. Send me a PM.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

Hammy wrote:The earliest I can leave Rdland Bay will be about 7:10am ( can take my bike over on saturday ). Where would you suggest to be a good place to meet up. I don't think that I would make it to Albany Creek by 8am ( legally anyway ). Don't mind heading north, or in any other direction for a meet up. Send me a PM.
just did quick google maps of redland to albany creek and it says 1hr 9minutes. so then tried a redland to woodford and it says 1hr 50minutes via the M1 gateway. that should see you at woodford around 9am. if we left albany creek at 8am, dayboro is roughly 30 minutes and woodford another roughly 30 minutes (pace dependant off course), so in theory you would meet us at woodford almost at the same time. could be a plan for you.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:22 am

ThatOtherGuy wrote:
Hammy wrote:The earliest I can leave Rdland Bay will be about 7:10am ( can take my bike over on saturday ). Where would you suggest to be a good place to meet up. I don't think that I would make it to Albany Creek by 8am ( legally anyway ). Don't mind heading north, or in any other direction for a meet up. Send me a PM.
just did quick google maps of redland to albany creek and it says 1hr 9minutes. so then tried a redland to woodford and it says 1hr 50minutes via the M1 gateway. that should see you at woodford around 9am. if we left albany creek at 8am, dayboro is roughly 30 minutes and woodford another roughly 30 minutes (pace dependant off course), so in theory you would meet us at woodford almost at the same time. could be a plan for you.

Cheers TOG. Alls good now. I checked the water taxi timetable again and I can get over there early enough. I will ride up to Albany Creek and meet you at the servo. Is it on Albany Creek Rd ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:56 am

Hammy wrote:
ThatOtherGuy wrote:

Cheers TOG. Alls good now. I checked the water taxi timetable again and I can get over there early enough. I will ride up to Albany Creek and meet you at the servo. Is it on Albany Creek Rd ?
No, Old Northern Road, there's a Woolies right next to it.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

No worries. Have found it on google. May have 1 or 2 other bikes coming along. Will confirm closer to date.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

Just flicked through the last few pages of the thread and took the route I posted and modified it to take in Kenilworth and Booloumba (leave out the section through Montville) which I think is what everyone is wanting to do?? Whilst this route is normally a clockwise route, there is no reason we cannot do it anti clockwise (which I did today taking in a Eumundi markets detour from Nambour) and have a meet up point in Nambour.

SC Hinterland to Kenilworth

Last edited by ThatOtherGuy on Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:29 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed links ??)
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:15 am

Is this ride still happening. Hasnt been much action on it. If yes me and my partner are just going to meet use at Bellbird .

Gus are you riding?

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:57 am

Three of us " Islanders " are coming over for it. Sunday morning, 8am, at the BP Albany Creek on Old northern Rd. Fingers crossed for the weather. After 50 odd days of glorious sunshine they are predicting showers for sunday. Drats.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  DMoney Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:36 am

Yep, this ride is still happening.
Marissa & l will see the islanders & TOG (& whoever else wants to come!) at the BP Albany Creek at 8am & then ride to point "G" on the new route at Kennilworth to meet Holdenman & crew (via mt mee & Maleny).
We just need to work out how long it is going to take to get to Kennilworth via this route, I am guessing about an hour & a half but please correct me if I am wrong. This would see us arriving at kennilworth at about 9:30am for the rendezvous, is this time ok for you Holdenman??

Where we go from there I am easy, I am sure we will work out something!
DMoney
DMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

I'll be at the BP waiting. I reckon it will be between 90 minutes and 2 hours to Kenilworth. Depends on numbers, fastest/slowest rider, other traffic. Looking forward to it Hope the weather holds up.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:27 pm

they're comin over on boats!
Very Happy

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:30 pm

glenby wrote:they're comin over on boats!
Very Happy

Aye ! And we wears patches n has peg legs as well. Laughing

Hope we don't get sent to Naru. Shocked
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  glenby Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:57 pm

at least yr safe from a super trawler.
(for a little while at least).

glenby

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:15 pm

can i suggest you to maleny to connondale to kenilworth and then you can do the obi obi on the way back.

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:41 pm

holdenman wrote:can i suggest you to maleny to connondale to kenilworth and then you can do the obi obi on the way back.
I think the general consensus is that we are doing it that way. I originally thought we were meeting people in Nambour (traveling the route I posted anti clockwise), but now we seem to be traveling it clockwise to Kenilworth, then to Mapleton and not sure what others want to do. Personally I'll be traveling the route as I posted it.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:08 am

I live in Nambour ,why dont we all meet at my place ? Might even give you a coffee or tea . Anyone heard from Ironmam ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:35 am

Good to hear that you are going to saddle up Gus. I'm bringing a friend along who just purcased a new Trumpy. Should clock up the 1000k mark for his first service. Look forward to meeting you in the dress. Oops, I mean flesh.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  DMoney Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

gus wrote: I live in Nambour ,why dont we all meet at my place ? Might even give you a coffee or tea . Anyone heard from Ironmam ?

So are we now meeting here rather than Kennilworth??
DMoney
DMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:52 pm

I'l be leaving my Nambour home at around 9am then .Anyone who wants to meet me hear and ride , P.M me for address .

Last edited by gus on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next