Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS

3 posters

Go down

R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS Empty R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS

Post  kewwig Wed 29 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

Having smashed up my last Yoshi as the result of my crash, I thought it was worth protecting this one. I got this R&G protector off EBay from an outfit called "Demon Tweeks" in the UK. Arrived promptly, fits well and looks good. Hopefully I won't have to test it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-G-TRI-OVAL-EXHAUST-PROTECTOR-BLACK-R-H-S-/220932915511?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3370a0c137#ht_3046wt_842

R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS Dscf4716
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS Empty Re: R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS

Post  gus Wed 29 Feb 2012, 4:57 pm

Boy makes those pop rivets stand out .Any chance of another shot with them painted black just for me . Very Happy
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS Empty Re: R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS

Post  kewwig Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

gus wrote:Boy makes those pop rivets stand out .Any chance of another shot with them painted black just for me . Very Happy

Microsoft Paint:

R&G Tri-Oval exhaust protector for Yoshimura TRS Rg10
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:33 pm

I'm a bit confused about what's being protected?
Good SS stands up to road grime and in an off an insured can doesn't rate high on my "must preserve" list.
Am I missing something?

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:45 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I'm a bit confused about what's being protected?
Good SS stands up to road grime and in an off an insured can doesn't rate high on my "must preserve" list.
Am I missing something?

My crash took the edge out of the can exactly where the protector sits. Yoshis here in NZ are expensive items and if it helps in a drop, great. If not it's just bling
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

kewwig wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:I'm a bit confused about what's being protected?
Am I missing something?

My crash took the edge out of the can exactly where the protector sits. Yoshis here in NZ are expensive items and if it helps in a drop, great. If not it's just bling
Fair enough mate. What's it made from?
Have I missed a review on the fork brace? How is it anyway?

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

I guess half of what we put on our bikes doesn't necessarily add to the function. Same reason we cover functional plastic with carbon fibre, or spend a fortune covering a scratch. I am a total magpie.

The brace is great, and reduces the squirm over bumpy corners. The front feels more solid and planted. Hard to quantify, but the confidence in corners is increased
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:11 pm

kewwig wrote:I guess half of what we put on our bikes doesn't necessarily add to the function. Same reason we cover functional plastic with carbon fibre, or spend a fortune covering a scratch. I am a total magpie.

The brace is great, and reduces the squirm over bumpy corners. The front feels more solid and planted. Hard to quantify, but the confidence in corners is increased

Agree and good to hear. Thinking ..................

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:16 pm

Next step is re-springing and valving, but I am happy for now (wife will kill me too)
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down