Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Ride

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Ride Empty Sunday Ride

Post  b12mick Mon 01 Feb 2010, 12:02 pm

Well, finally I got out for a ride on Sunday. Just a quick 115km.

Met a few other Redbacks at Harley's Cafe in Lake Albert, 5 bikes. We left at about 9:15 and headed out towards Wantabadgery on the Wagga-Gundagi Rd, turned left on to a twisty but very bumpy road. This road is actually quite a bit of fun, the RTA didn't bother building bridges across the gullies or creeks, so it makes it, shall we say interesting. One of the guys, Mick (no not me) hadn't been on that road before and was grinning from ear to ear when we breifly stopped at the intersection with the Junee-Gundagai road.

At said intersection we turned left and headed into Junee where we had a wee break and filled up on water and nicotine.

After the wee break we headed back towards Wagga with a detour along Harefield-Overdale road. Another road that Mick (no not me) hadn't been on. This road is in pretty good condition and other than one corner signposted at 60km (easily taken at 100km) the rest is fast open sweepers. So after having a bit more fun we headed back in to town and round to a mates place for coffee.

The only 2 downsides to the ride was it was getting a bit hot to go any further, partlicularly as one of the others hasn't been riding very long, and I discovered that I need to start thinking about replacing the Metzler Roadtech after just 12,000km.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Sunday Ride Empty Re: Sunday Ride

Post  potatomasher Mon 01 Feb 2010, 4:51 pm

sounds like fun and 12 out of the metzeler is rather better than 6 out of the original bridgestone though
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 01 Feb 2010, 9:11 pm

potatomasher wrote:sounds like fun and 12 out of the metzeler is rather better than 6 out of the original bridgestone though

It was fun. The 02B12 came with Macadams as OEM. I got a very nice 15,000km out of the rear, but threw the front away after only 9000km. It still head plenty of tread, but from day one played havoc with the front end.

I'm thinking Avon Storm ST on the rear this time, I've got the Storm ST on the front at the moment and it's not too bad, better than the Macadam, but not as good as a Metzler M1 I had on before.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum