Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride sunday 24th

+2
Baz
Cameron
6 posters

Go down

Ride sunday 24th Empty Ride sunday 24th

Post  Cameron Sat 16 Jan 2010, 5:18 pm

Heading out on a ride again next sunday.
Will be doing the putty loop.

MEET: Magraths Hill maccas
TIME: 8:30 depart
ROUTE: Putty Rd, Broke, Wollombie, Wisemands Ferry

All in say aye

Admin

Back to top Go down

Ride sunday 24th Empty Re: Ride sunday 24th

Post  Baz Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:08 pm

OK, I know I said I'd try and make with you on your Oberon ride and I didn't make it (I'm a wuss). I still need a doctors ok to get back on my bike, fortunately I'll be seeing my GP during the week and I'll ask him (even though I feel up to it anyway) I just need to adjust my headlight alignment (I know I should have done that ages ago). I need to do some short rides to get used to riding again ( slotted in for mid week), so I am saying ...
AYE.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:12 pm

Good to see. Hope the doc give you the thumbs up.
There will also be a few other guys i know coming out for this one. all a bunch of good blokes.
As for a spot for lunch, may be Broke, same as last time, unless other have another suggestion.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Sun 24 Jan 2010, 6:59 pm

Had a good ride today. Little wet and cold in the morning, but turned out fine and some blue sky at lunch time.
5 riders in total. One had an off towards the end of the putty, when a kangaroo jumped out in front of him. Ended up with a broken leg.
Apart from that, a good day

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 24 Jan 2010, 7:55 pm

Cameron wrote: One had an off towards the end of the putty, when a kangaroo jumped out in front of him. Ended up with a broken leg.
Apart from that, a good day

Perhaps the other guy would be of a different opinion, I wonder what happens on a bad day! Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sun 24 Jan 2010, 8:27 pm

A kangaroo !!! thats nasty. Especially as that would have been close to midday .. totally unexpected.
I didn't make as it was raining here in the morning and it looked like it was widespread and felt like it would be miserable with all the wet roads.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 25 Jan 2010, 4:43 pm

Is this news report in relation to your ride.

Motorcyclists warned over dangerous Hunter road
BY BEN SMEE
25 Jan, 2010 04:00 AM
MOTORCYCLISTS travelling along Putty Road have been warned to ride carefully after the seventh serious accident in nine months put a 23-year-old man in hospital. The road, stretching from Singleton to Windsor in Sydney's west and snaking through 120 kilometres of national park, is known as one of Australia's most picturesque motorcycle routes. But it is also one of its most dangerous.

About 10.45am yesterday. a rider came off his bike on a bend at Howes Valley, 50 kilometres south-west of Singleton. His leg was broken in several places in the crash. The Westpac rescue helicopter flew him to Westmead Hospital in a serious condition.
Upper Hunter police are investigating the crash. Incidents involving motorcycle riders are common on the road, which attracts riders from across Australia and is particularly busy on weekends.

Bill Tindale from the Ulysses Motorcycle Club's Upper Hunter branch has been riding Putty Road since 1959. He said many riders viewed the road as "something to be conquered". "The main danger of the road is that there are a lot of corners that are blind," Mr Tindale said. "As you go around you've got to draw in your head your entry and exit points. "If you get it wrong or if your concentration lapses, well there's nowhere to go other than into a car, over the side or into the wall." The RTA has responded to incidents on the road by erecting warning signs, but Mr Tindale said riders on sports bikes still travelled too fast for the road. "I ride up and down [Putty Road] on a fairly regular basis and it's easy to come undone," he said. "The road itself isn't horrific, but it's the people who don't take it at a reasonable pace that get into trouble."
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 25 Jan 2010, 7:10 pm

Yeah thats our guy. He is doing ok and will be fine, just out of action for a little while.

The thing that ticks me off is that all these accidents where "speed orientated". Thats just crap. This bloke was on his L's and didnt go over the speed limit the entire time. You can be a brilliant rider and always obey road rules and speed limits, but accidents happen. And on a bike, whether going fast or not, there is little room for error is somthing out of the ordinary happens.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  willo Mon 25 Jan 2010, 8:54 pm

That Tindale bloke, should be talking up the the riders, sounded like he is helping the establishment with their blame everything on the bikers campaign. Typical ulysses holier than now attitude..
willo
willo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Mon 25 Jan 2010, 10:54 pm

Baz wrote:A kangaroo !!! thats nasty. Especially as that would have been close to midday .. totally unexpected.

My last ride on the Putty a few months ago nearly ended the same way...
Mid-afternoon and I just overtook a car and spotted a roo up ahead to my left. He decided to cross the road, no big deal. It was his buddy that chose to cross a little later that really had my attention.
I actually turned my head away and braced for the impact it was that close. Christ only knows how the hell we didn't meet.

Condolences to the rider.

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down