Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type )

+2
2wheelsagain
gus
6 posters

Go down

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) Empty Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type )

Post  gus Sat 26 Nov 2011, 9:25 pm

Ive just finished an alloy rad. end cover with carbon over the top .Holy shit it look fantastic .Wouldnt you know it, someone borrowed the sim card
from the camera . I will post a pic as soon as i can This one i polished on a wheel ,mirror finish .I really like doing stuff like this so.

If anyone wants theres done the first 5 people i'll do the pair for $45 .You will have to pay postage .A bit hard without a pic but i carnt put it down.
P.M me if interested As they say "trust me " Laughing
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) Empty Re: Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type )

Post  gus Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:21 am

Bloody hard things to photo .I made these down stairs with what i had left over .Poor resin ,No resin brush (i used my finger ) wrong grade of sandpaper
(just what i had ) Scrap uneven carbon yet the came out stunning .Even my partner went WOW and see is a girl . Laughing
Now if these came out so well ,i'm thinking how good they could look if i really tried .
Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) IMG_3356

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) IMG_3361

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) IMG_3358
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) Empty Re: Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type )

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:49 am

You'll be getting mine Gus.
What you could do when funds allow is get a set from a wrecker and have a set ready to go.

Top job Smile

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 27 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

I did think about that but you get back end caps, but they are not YOUR end caps. Laughing I know i'm strange Laughing but i have this thing about swapping
parts ,i mean i might get an evil one ,and mine goes to a idiot . How could i sleep at night not knowing . Rolling Eyes
Turn arount time is 2 days so most people (if any ) are ok with that .
Someone (mot that someone Very Happy ) has asked about those side covers so i might look at those .

How mine used to look
Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) IMG_3362

Now
Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) IMG_3363

Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) IMG_3368
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 27 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

Are those pics coming out HUGE they should be 6x4 but on my P.C they are bigger ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Sun 27 Nov 2011, 11:07 am

Tell ya what Gus. I can really see this CF covering thing Taking Off for ya. By word of mouth alone you will have a nice little cottage industry going in no time. Just ask people to bubble wrap parts and post in a Oz post bag, ENCLOSING a return, prepaid, adressed bag for you to return. Will make live nice and easy for you. Best of luck. Awaiting your PM.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 27 Nov 2011, 7:31 pm

They look very nice gus.

I'd be keen... Mine are sandblasted from 4 years of country riding. Send me your details Gus and I'll pop them in the post.

cheers
Ryan
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 29 Nov 2011, 3:07 pm

I've removed mine (They are very sand blasted) and will send them to you ASAP Gus. PM me your bank account details and finale cost for the work and I'll debit the money.

cheers
Ryan
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

My wife just popped the rad ends in an Express post pack and sent them Gus. Hopefully should arrive on your door in a few days
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm

reddog wrote:My wife just popped the rad ends in an Express post pack and sent them Gus. Hopefully should arrive on your door in a few days

By the time I send mine up he'll have it down pat.
Mine are sand blasted too.
Should only be a week or so Gus Smile

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

Sand blasted it good ,nice bond .Have got some new carbon that looks nice to work with ,a close weave so you dont see through it .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:01 pm

gus wrote:Sand blasted it good ,nice bond .Have got some new carbon that looks nice to work with ,a close weave so you dont see through it .
Carbon covered Rad ends (alloy type ) Emoticon_thumbs_up

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:01 pm

Got a question for you 2wa Or anyone else .If dogs are so suseptable to ticks how do fox's go ?.Spotted one in our back yard ,dog is crook .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

http://www.permuted.org.uk/foxfaqs.html read the part about what diseases they carry Very Happy

http://www.bada-uk.org/homesection/about/ticks/britishtickspecies.php or this one

short answer is yes they can have them

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:28 pm

So fox's carry ticks but it doesnt seem to kill them like a dog .? Or they are smart and manage to dislodge them ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 30 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

apparently scrub ticks can kill them http://jennifermarohasy.com/2009/05/how-to-kill-a-fox-to-save-a-mouse-and-a-pademelon/

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

Just had to go back over this thread to see how the heck we got from radiator ends to scrub ticks. Should have known the culprit. lol!

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:50 am

gus wrote:Got a question for you 2wa Or anyone else .If dogs are so suseptable to ticks how do fox's go ?.Spotted one in our back yard ,dog is crook .
Vets carry anti tick serum so domestic animals are treatable. Pretty sure foxes cant remove them once they are embedded so they would suffer eventually. I've seen dozens on kangaroos.

I cant answer the question though............

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down