Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got to have a whinge...

4 posters

Go down

Got to have a whinge... Empty Got to have a whinge...

Post  Bhoffo Thu 03 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

I built a new double garage with a large carport alongside it a few weeks ago and have now started to hook up the storm water from the down pipes to the existing storm water from the house...

What I thought was going to be an easy job didn't quite turn out that way.. instead of being able to hook up at the first and closest down pipe from the house I couldn't as it was buried under a 3ft wide and 5" thick pathway... so I kept digging until the trench from the garage was about 30 mts long to the other side of the house (instead of about 15mts)... that was the first problem... Mad

Second problem... I had delivered 8 x 6mt lengths of 90mm 'Vinidex' storm water pipe...one would think that the 'male' end of the pipe would fit easily into the 'female' flanged end.... well it didn't... try as I might the pipes wouldn't fit together..
I needed another angle coupling from the plumbing supply place and took an offcut off one of the pipes along as well to try..
The result is that the whole batch of pipes they have haven't had the 'flange' moulded properly - the suppliers are going to have to send all their pipes back for replacement - meanwhile they gave me enough tubular 'female' couplings to join all my pipes. I had taken the first 8 pipes off the stack at the plumbers supplies otherwise a Plumber would have noticed this way before me.. Mad Mad

I'd be thinking that 'Vinidex' would have perhaps made several thousand of these pipes with an incorrect flange size - will be costly for them to replace/repair them.. Twisted Evil

So the laying of the pipes has now been delayed again... hopefully tomorrow will be a dryer day than today anyway and I'll get the job finished.. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Got to have a whinge... Empty got to have a whinge

Post  paul Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

they probably got it manufactured somewhere else this time because it was cheaper . Rolling Eyes

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Got to have a whinge... Empty Re: Got to have a whinge...

Post  Bhoffo Fri 04 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

Pissed off because I have to do twice as many cuts so that the female 'joiners' can be used.. Twisted Evil Doesn't help when I've got two buggered shoulders, tennis elbow in both arms and worn out knees.....so having a coffee and a rest now while some of the blue glue dries... Sleep (Very happy that riding the bike doesn't exacerbate these problems!) bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 04 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm

If you use the prep paint (Can't remember what it's called maybe Methyl Ether Keytone) prior to blue glue, the blue glue will go off quick smart as in a few seconds with a slight twist of the pipe
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:12 pm

reddog wrote:If you use the prep paint (Can't remember what it's called maybe Methyl Ether Keytone) prior to blue glue, the blue glue will go off quick smart as in a few seconds with a slight twist of the pipe

Thanks! Now if you had only told me that 2 days ago!! Exclamation

I'll know next time... all done now and ready for the Council to inspect... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

Mmmmm, MEK.
Gota love that stuff.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Got to have a whinge... Empty got to have a whinge

Post  paul Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:41 pm

dhula wrote:Mmmmm, MEK.
Gota love that stuff.

sounds like you`ve been sniffing it not using it on water pipes dhula hey dude lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum