Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whinge whinge Bloody oil

+2
2wheelsagain
Kaupy1962
6 posters

Go down

Whinge whinge Bloody oil Empty Whinge whinge Bloody oil

Post  Kaupy1962 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

Time to change the oil and filter today. Religiously change both every 4000ks. Went to buy the oil, (Shell advance sx) none in Wang. Went to the honda dealer, only got VSX full synthetic. F@#$%&*!N how much? $61.00 for 4 litres. Man, bikin' ain'nt what it used to be. Ok so I'm gonna try full synthetic.
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Whinge whinge Bloody oil Empty Re: Whinge whinge Bloody oil

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:31 am

Kaupy1962 wrote:Time to change the oil and filter today. Religiously change both every 4000ks. Went to buy the oil, (Shell advance sx) none in Wang. Went to the honda dealer, only got VSX full synthetic. F@#$%&*!N how much? $61.00 for 4 litres. Man, bikin' ain'nt what it used to be. Ok so I'm gonna try full synthetic.

Certainly sounds expensive when you're over servicing.
The bandit engine and gearbox dont work hard. You can save yourself 33% straight off Razz

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

I bought a 20L drum of Motul from Ebay, $360 or there abouts
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:47 pm

I used to buy Shell through a distributor (one of those oil storage sheds ).Half price .Actually i might see if i can find another one . Do shell
make a semi-syn m\bike oil , if so ,know what its called ? I mean i want to sound like i know what i'm talking about . Laughing
Lets see who can come up with a good price . At the moment i use Motul semi about $65 .So i got to beat that ,any good brand will do .

Best i could get was Shell vsx semi .4lts $55 or if i buy a box 4x4 ltrs =$50 each less if i buy 2 boxs,but 1 box is enough .
Also Castro,Val ,Mobil .brands .

So it come down do i swap from Motul to Shell ? Anyone interested in a bulk buy ?Or want to buy oil from Me at $55 for 4ltr .P.M.me
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Wed 19 Oct 2011, 6:35 pm

Oils is oils is what they are I guess.
Last time I brought oil for the bikes it cost me ~$30 for 10 litres cause it was on special, so I got more than enough to do all the oil changes I need in the next month or so. Normally cost anywhere from $20-$30 for 5 litres depending on where I get it. Change each 5k cause my math is shit and doesn't like adding in sixes (always wonder where the 2 missing cans went).

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

Are you useing mineral dhula or 2WA .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Whinge whinge Bloody oil Empty whinge whinge bloody oil

Post  paul Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

Kaupy1962 wrote:Time to change the oil and filter today. Religiously change both every 4000ks. Went to buy the oil, (Shell advance sx) none in Wang. Went to the honda dealer, only got VSX full synthetic. F@#$%&*!N how much? $61.00 for 4 litres. Man, bikin' ain'nt what it used to be. Ok so I'm gonna try full synthetic.

I used to use shell semi & then a while ago the labeling on the bottle changed & it no longer said it was semi . No one could tell me if it was the same oil or not so I changed to motul 5100 & been using it ever since . retail is $ 69 but I get 10% disc & I think its pretty good stuff / I change oil & filter every 6000 km

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Thu 20 Oct 2011, 12:30 am

@gus, Yes I use squashed cockroaches.

I did get a small amount of semi syn 10w/40 for the tiger when I had it as triumph are very specific in the bike having to use semi or full syn oil. I've still some left in the bottle and I reckon it'll either go off as I'll not likely use it due to the small amount I have left or get used in the lawn mower very soon cause it's due for a change.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

I normally use Shell Advance SX, which is a mineral oil and cost $35 for 4 litres
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum