Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres info

3 posters

Go down

Tyres info Empty Tyres info

Post  ohmyfj55 Mon 16 May 2011, 9:53 am

In case anyone is thinking of what tyres to put on their bandit;

Thought i would inform that it was due to a puncture that the rear Michelin Pilot Road 2 was changed recently. The set has done just under 9000klms and the Tyre Retailer was amazed at the condition of the rear tyre when taken in to replace. Had only just started to square off through the centre but still plenty of tread depth left.

There was an option of running the new Michelin Pilot Road 3 but in asking of compound type was informed that it is a slightly softer compound and may not last as long under the same type of conditions. So opted to replace with the same Pilot Road 2. Have found this tyre to offer a great lot of confidence in the frequently wet North Queensland conditions and with some very fast corners through the back areas up here on the sunny days there is no issue with grip whatsoever. Don't bother trying to keep up with the likes of the CBR 1000, Aprillia RV4 and BMW s1000RR on the Sunday runs out to the dam as the Bandit isn't built for that...we all realise. However it is felt that these tyres offer the rider a chance to comfortably explore the limits of their machine as far as the performance from the power available, suspension and brakes.

The replacement price was $280.00 for the rear tyre and hopefully this allows you to compare to some of the other brands out there.

Happy riding.
ohmyfj55
ohmyfj55

Back to top Go down

Tyres info Empty Re: Tyres info

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 16 May 2011, 10:23 am

My last PR2 did 16,000 and I'm a big fat bastard who rides pretty hard. It was replaced after a let off instead of going to jail during a roadside chat with one of our states finest.
I could have squeezed another 1,000 out of it. As a matter of interest last Tue I found a good deal on a front PR2 (Tyre made in Sep 2010) and had it chucked on. The old one did 16,000 too but was shagged on the RHS. I could have sold it on eBay to a Yank who would have got another 5 - 6,000 using the LHS over there Laughing

I am interested to see what the wear rates is on the PR3 as they look softer to me and look as if the tread moves around more with the "sips".

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  holdenman Mon 16 May 2011, 10:32 am

Im up to 17000km with my rear PR2 and probably get another 4 to 5 tho before i replace it. this is my first set of pr2s and im amazed at how long they have lasted compared to other brands. long live PR2s

2007 Bandit 1250S
holdenman
holdenman

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 16 May 2011, 11:29 am

holdenman wrote:Im up to 17000km with my rear PR2 and probably get another 4 to 5 tho before i replace it. this is my first set of pr2s and im amazed at how long they have lasted compared to other brands. long live PR2s
Up until about 14,000 I was thinking the same thing but they seem to go off quick at the end.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down