Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues

+4
dhula
2wheelsagain
davidy61
yasta
8 posters

Go down

Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues Empty Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues

Post  yasta Sun 18 Oct 2009, 11:03 am

I am looking at buying a Bandit 1250. Test rode one the other day. Overall very easy to ride. Engine nice and free spinning, brakes/handling OK. Screen could be a bit higher for touring use. My only problem was it felt like I was sitting 'on' the motorcycle rather than 'in' the motorcycle. The seat was on the lowest setting. I'm just under 6 foot in height. I prefer to sit 'in' a road bike. Have any owners found this to be an issue that can be solved?

yasta

Back to top Go down

Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues Empty Re: Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues

Post  davidy61 Sun 18 Oct 2009, 11:44 am

I got the Holeshot Corbin Seat and find it much better than the stock one. Front is shaped upwards a bit. As the dollar is good right now, would not be too expensive to buy.

Also run the ZG touring screen and at last the bike is good on trips.
davidy61
davidy61

http://www.sabers.com.au

Back to top Go down

Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues Empty Re: Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 18 Oct 2009, 3:03 pm

I'll go out on a limb and ask what you're comparing the 1250 to?
You sit how you sit on that style of bike.........
Stock seat/bars/peg position is fine for me and most owners.
There are after market options available for just about everything but the seat position is pretty well set but padding and material can be modified.
Hence my original question?

Note: I'm 6 foot and the screen is ok for me too and better than a lot I have sat behind. (although I still have an issue with bug guts on the inside above the slot Crying or Very sad )
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Mon 19 Oct 2009, 1:13 am

2wheelsagain wrote:I still have an issue with bug guts on the inside above the slot Crying or Very sad

gaffa tape is your friend. seams to reduce a bit of wind also.

TO the OP. Yes I used to feel as if I was on instead of in the bike as you put it. I got used to it very quickly. If you recon you feel 'on' the bike now, don't put the seat to the highest setting, it gets even worse (BTW I'm 6'3" and a bit)

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Mon 19 Oct 2009, 5:51 pm

that's true - i have mine on the highest setting and i feel like i am plonked on it - might put it back
potatomasher
potatomasher

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Sat 07 Nov 2009, 3:27 pm

I've got mine set on the higher setting and like it. Yes your up on the bike but I come from a trail bike background so it seems perfectly natural to me.
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sat 07 Nov 2009, 5:14 pm

If you dont like it, get it fixed.http://www.vcmcycleseats.com.au/ give my mate Kev a call. Just remember to do one at a time, you may find re-shaping the seat and lowering it is all you need rather than a different screen, I run the stock screen, and the seat raised at the front only.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 07 Nov 2009, 6:58 pm

Dink, how did you overcome the 'bendiness' of the seat when running the front at high and the back at low

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Dink.1170 Sun 08 Nov 2009, 8:15 am

Cant say that I have noticed it as an issue, lower narrower 'bars helped too.

Dink

Dink.1170

Back to top Go down

Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues Empty Advice on buying a Bandit - seating issues

Post  yasta Thu 26 Nov 2009, 10:57 am

Thanks for all the replies.
Yes I went and bought a K8 Bandit - seat is fine. So the seat must have been at a higher setting for the test ride. Can plant both my feet flat on the ground at traffic lights.

yasta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Thu 26 Nov 2009, 6:49 pm

glad to hear you went and bought the bandit..

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey1 Thu 26 Nov 2009, 9:12 pm

Now comes the fun part, buying all the bits to make it truely yours. Smile Oh and Riding it lol!
whitey1
whitey1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down