Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pushing it ?

+6
NZer11
Four40
dhula
2wheelsagain
Thof
gus
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pushing it ? - Page 2 Empty Pushing it ?

Post  gus Fri 21 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

If it doesnt rain tomorrow i'm going to Bunya Mts .Attempting to do 400ks on a tank .What the best you can get till it stops.?

gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Pushing it ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pushing it ?

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 24 Jan 2011, 9:31 pm

Just to clarify Gus - was that on what went into the tank or did you add in the extra litre you spoke about? Either way, a monumental economy run - I don't reckon I could do it - my right wrist gets a bit twitchy!!!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 24 Jan 2011, 9:51 pm

That was the tank only. With the bike on the centre stand filled up and up and up think i got in about 19 and a half litres. Left bike
outside overnight on centre stand. Fuel cooled i think, so i managed to add half a litre in the morning before i started.
SO that makes 20lts in a 19 ltr tank ,give or take a little. Speed wasn't a problem 110 on hwy and 100 out bush. Roads in such
bad condition (flood damage ) you carnt go much faster.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:57 pm

Amazing, i'd never have the patience though .

+1 for effort. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:37 am

Thanks for the comments , appreciated.

Saw a strange look yesterday. A Buell with a RED headlight cover with light on. Looked like it was going backwards. Imagine explaining
that to the insurance company. Mad

The Conondale bridge which i went over twice yesterday collapsed today.Told you the roads were dodgy Smile
That cuts off another major bike route. They were building a new one but that got completly washed away. Mad
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  1952 Wed 26 Jan 2011, 4:05 pm

Glad you were not on the bridge when it collapsed - my wife showed me a video yesterday of a stretch of road (somewhere?) that had a small stream of water washing onto it from a slow moving river - within 10 mins. the whole road was washed out and the massive galvanised drain pipe that had been underneath was being pushed almost out of the channel - spooky to watch it break up and wash away so quickly!
Congratulations for your effort with the tank of fuel - I got into the mid to low 5's / 100km. on a recent long run, but I felt really concerned when the odometer showed I had done over 300 km on one tankful - glad to know I probably had at least 50 km still there if I needed it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum