Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long time been drinks!

3 posters

Go down

Long time been drinks! Empty Long time been drinks!

Post  1wheeldrive Sat 15 Oct 2022, 5:58 pm

Hi all, I just checked and the last time I visited this place was in 2016. affraid  At the time I had a 2008 naked maroon 1250. I also had a VTR 1000 which I kept and the Bandit went as I couldn't justify two bikes at the time. After a few years the firestorm went as well as I couldn't handle the riding position in that my hips would ache and that was just getting on it. Then covid struck, heart attack and a career change after a year of no work due to recovery, covid and technology making the old job obsolete. This is not meant to be a sob story, Very Happy just an excuse as to why I haven't had a bike for a couple of years and am now thinking of making a come back on a Bandit. I do fondly remember the grunt of that bike, and that was in stock form.

So as it stands, I have found out what the ache in the hips is and it has got no better and not that much worse. Bloody osteo! 
Anyway that leaves me with looking at cruisers which I don't like at all and would almost rather give up bikes altogether, or putting something like highway pegs on a Bandit. And the Bandits are such good value for what they are.

I'm OK with my left leg being underneath me but the right leg in the same spot at the same time causes pain. If it is stretched out in front (cruiser style), no problem. In this situation I can at least operate the shifter and the front brake, and then the back brake with a bit of wincing. 

So does any one have a highway peg setup that they can recommend or point me in the direction of?

Thanks for listening and good to be back! Laughing

1wheeldrive

Back to top Go down

Long time been drinks! Empty Re: Long time been drinks!

Post  GSX1100G Sat 15 Oct 2022, 11:08 pm

Hi ,
Do you have a crash bar at front similar to mine? , if not could get pipe & some flat welded up & mount similar. Long time been drinks! 20220411

Back to top Go down

Post  1wheeldrive Sun 16 Oct 2022, 7:55 am

Hi GSX11G, I don't actually have a bike yet and am looking at the possibilities of mounting pegs. I was thinking of something like simple ebay pegs mounted on engine crash bars or specific highway peg kits made for Bandits and wanted to see what others had done.

1wheeldrive

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Sun 16 Oct 2022, 8:20 am

If that Oggy knob came out another 60mm I could easily use it as a rest. Know that type of set up, one of my G's had hwy pegs off the crash bars.
I know a guy through another group that has no left knee and he makes peg & shift linkages up to suit what bike he has at the time. So you could alter brake too if desired.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 07 Nov 2022, 3:49 pm

1wheeldrive wrote:Hi GSX11G, I don't actually have a bike yet and am looking at the possibilities of mounting pegs. I was thinking of something like simple ebay pegs mounted on engine crash bars or specific highway peg kits made for Bandits and wanted to see what others had done.
Madmax fitted a set, perhaps search his posts
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down