Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loss of Power Under 8k rpm

2 posters

Go down

Loss of Power Under 8k rpm Empty Loss of Power Under 8k rpm

Post  aryaan1122 Tue 05 Jul 2022, 4:56 pm

Hi All, 

I'm new and a complete noob. So, i bought a Bandit 250 recently and I'm facing an issue. The bike feels like it's losing power or out of fuel if it's under 8k rpm. So if I'm on 4k rpm i twist it, the bike is sluggish and sounds like shit. Once it gets over 8k rpm the rpm climbs really fast and the bike accelerates as it should. 

The problem i stated above only happens if give throttle quickly. If i gently increase rpms I don't feel the running out of fuel problem.

Exhaust smells like fuel as well so i think might be running rich? Can a rich mixture cause this issue but be fine at 8k+ rpms?

I know being in too high of a gear can cause this to happen but I've been riding bikes for a while so i know that's not the issue. I just don't know it mechanically :p

Thanks in advance Smile

aryaan1122

Back to top Go down

Loss of Power Under 8k rpm Empty Re: Loss of Power Under 8k rpm

Post  GSX1100G Sat 09 Jul 2022, 10:23 am

Hi,
Year, carb or inject, 2 or 4 cyl please, may help.
I'd would've said clogged mid jets, but you say it smells rich.
So sounds like too much juice to 1 cylinder early on until engine gets up where that ratio is used, then it's happy.
Stabbing the dark - could be mixture, needle not same position as others, O ring, ????
99% sure there is a dedicated 250cc forum (could be honda)

Back to top Go down