Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid Vaccine

+8
Chook
truck
barry_mcki
madmax
BanditDave
allambiejohn
Baz
paul
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Covid Vaccine - Page 2 Empty Covid Vaccine

Post  Chook Wed 26 May 2021, 6:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who's had it?

What did you have?

Who refuses to get it (for now or for ever) ?

I've decided with our trip to Tasmania booked it's better to get in earlier rather than later, I had debated whether to get it at all, I personally know of one person that ended up in ICU and then general wards for about a week but that was more to do with the drugs he has to take after having a Kidney Transplant reaction with any vaccination he has.

Booked in for Tuesday 15 June, the only day I could get a booking in the next 2 1/2 months that was on one of my days off
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Covid Vaccine - Page 2 Empty Re: Covid Vaccine

Post  gus Sat 29 May 2021, 6:34 pm

THank you Dave , we are getting vaccinated over here so they can come over but apparently its  you guys get vaccinated, "so we dont have to ".
Not good enough .
gus
gus

Chook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sat 29 May 2021, 7:53 pm

Firstly I believe we all should be vaccinated unless there is a serious medical reason not to do it.

I also believe there are others that are more deserving/needy and that they should get to have it before me

One of my main incentives to "jump the que" past others that I think need it more than me, Davo1063 and my pending visit to Tasmania,  Ferry booked and paid for, Accommodation booked and paid for (cancelation policy up up to a couple of days before staying in each location), a list of activities we want to do while we are there, we have taken out travel insurance, it covers everything except Covid reasons.

If the Tassie government decides it wants visitors vaccinated before arrival, I want to be ready, I had to miss Tasmania in 2020, I don't want it to happen 2 years straight 

BTW Gus and BanditDave, check that thread for when/where we plan on being (yeh, I knowing planning isn't your thing Gus but it's a shit load easier for the type of trip we are doing Wink )

We will be doing a day trip down your way Gus, I think I can convince David to take those few km of dirt, if not perhaps you could join us on part of the days ride?

BanditDave, are you still on 2 wheels? We will be in Launceston for 4 nights, hopefully Barry is going top join us for at least one of our day trips out of there, you are welcome, or perhaps we can catch up for a meal one night in Launceston?
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Sat 29 May 2021, 10:57 pm

gus wrote:You fail to say WHY you shouldnt get vaccinated . I can only think of 5 reasons .
Your scared of needles ?
A non-vaccer for anything ?
You dont believe in Covid ?
Your scared of getting a reaction to it ?
You think Covid will just go away .?
Am i missing a reason ? I'm confused .

Yeah, I'm with Rodent, I dont like being told I "must" have an injection.
1. Nope
2. Nope not a non vaxer
3. Believe in Covid
4. Nope, but understand there is a miniscule chance
5. Nope, it's here to stay, but may be different next year and so on.
6. Think you've got most of em. You're a smart man who asks straight questions, good on ya.

As I said earlier, I social distance, I isolate, I follow health and hygiene rules but the evidence of cases in Australia (30 083 cases, 910 deaths, 29 066 recovered) doesn't really scare me enough to rush out and get the vaccine that "I must have". If and when I get the shot, it will be on my terms and in my time. Not because some one is telling me I must have it.
My family have had the needle and good on them, they havn't pressured me to get it, they know I can be a stubborn fool sometimes. 
My mum is 92 and hasn't had the shot, she gets the flu shot every year, I've never had the flu shot, cause I dont feel old enough, much to Mum's disgust. 
I'm a Christian Australian Aboriginal, I'm over 50 so I understand I might go to the front of the cue for these reasons - not sure, wont be taking up the offer even if it's true, I'll wait my turn thank you very much, it will be on my terms and in my time. Not because some one is telling me I must have it.
As Rodent said, if you want to get it and feel the need, go right ahead, I hope and pray for your good health, I'm just not ready at the minute. 
Any way that's my rant over, going to book at flight to Tasmania bounce . . . no I'm not. tongue 
Hope you good people who are going to Tassie have the best time and post photos so I can see what I've missed. 
Stay Safe.
truck
truck

rodent4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 30 May 2021, 8:14 am

Cheers for the best wishes truck, and yes, there will be plenty of pics on both the Facebook page and here once I get back home

Also thanks for your honest response, while I and many others may not agree with your decision at least it seems well thought through, not just a throw the hands in the air and say "no (reason) just because I choose not to"

Cheers
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Sun 30 May 2021, 10:20 am

Chook wrote:Firstly I believe we all should be vaccinated unless there is a serious medical reason not to do it.

I also believe there are others that are more deserving/needy and that they should get to have it before me

One of my main incentives to "jump the que" past others that I think need it more than me, Davo1063 and my pending visit to Tasmania,  Ferry booked and paid for, Accommodation booked and paid for (cancelation policy up up to a couple of days before staying in each location), a list of activities we want to do while we are there, we have taken out travel insurance, it covers everything except Covid reasons.

If the Tassie government decides it wants visitors vaccinated before arrival, I want to be ready, I had to miss Tasmania in 2020, I don't want it to happen 2 years straight 

BTW Gus and BanditDave, check that thread for when/where we plan on being (yeh, I knowing planning isn't your thing Gus but it's a shit load easier for the type of trip we are doing Wink )

We will be doing a day trip down your way Gus, I think I can convince David to take those few km of dirt, if not perhaps you could join us on part of the days ride?

BanditDave, are you still on 2 wheels? We will be in Launceston for 4 nights, hopefully Barry is going top join us for at least one of our day trips out of there, you are welcome, or perhaps we can catch up for a meal one night in Launceston?

Hi Chook,
Thanks for the invite.
I'm not on two wheels at present but that could change at any moment.
I am presently looking at lawn mower racing which may happen in the next few months.

Regarding virus, vaccines, isolation (quarantine) etc. there was an alternative practice in Australia up until 1959
The establishments, the last of which was on Peel Island in Moreton Bay were called leper colonies.
I understand they were quite successful. Results speak for themselves.
In Medieval times, sufferers were banished to leper colonies, condemned to wander the roads wearing a sign or ringing bells to warn healthy people of their approach.
With regard to a suitable venue, might I suggest the little territory within NSW.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Sun 30 May 2021, 3:00 pm

truck wrote:
gus wrote:You fail to say WHY you shouldnt get vaccinated . I can only think of 5 reasons .
Your scared of needles ?
A non-vaccer for anything ?
You dont believe in Covid ?
Your scared of getting a reaction to it ?
You think Covid will just go away .?
Am i missing a reason ? I'm confused .

Yeah, I'm with Rodent, I dont like being told I "must" have an injection.
1. Nope
2. Nope not a non vaxer
3. Believe in Covid
4. Nope, but understand there is a miniscule chance
5. Nope, it's here to stay, but may be different next year and so on.
6. Think you've got most of em. You're a smart man who asks straight questions, good on ya.

As I said earlier, I social distance, I isolate, I follow health and hygiene rules but the evidence of cases in Australia (30 083 cases, 910 deaths, 29 066 recovered) doesn't really scare me enough to rush out and get the vaccine that "I must have". If and when I get the shot, it will be on my terms and in my time. Not because some one is telling me I must have it.
My family have had the needle and good on them, they havn't pressured me to get it, they know I can be a stubborn fool sometimes. 
My mum is 92 and hasn't had the shot, she gets the flu shot every year, I've never had the flu shot, cause I dont feel old enough, much to Mum's disgust. 
I'm a Christian Australian Aboriginal, I'm over 50 so I understand I might go to the front of the cue for these reasons - not sure, wont be taking up the offer even if it's true, I'll wait my turn thank you very much, it will be on my terms and in my time. Not because some one is telling me I must have it.
As Rodent said, if you want to get it and feel the need, go right ahead, I hope and pray for your good health, I'm just not ready at the minute. 
Any way that's my rant over, going to book at flight to Tasmania bounce . . . no I'm not. tongue 
Hope you good people who are going to Tassie have the best time and post photos so I can see what I've missed. 
Stay Safe.

Well there's another spin on it, maybe it's an Aboriginal thing ...........Lets go "conspiracy theorists"    Covid Vaccine - Page 2 1f602 

My Father was 1/2 Aboriginal and from the Jotijota people.
rodent4
rodent4

truck and Chook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GSX1100G Sun 30 May 2021, 7:10 pm

If you wish to get the Pfizer type in a hurry, go sign up with the RFS (or similar) as a volunteer. After taking your details, first shot is booked.

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Tue 01 Jun 2021, 6:27 pm

Happy to get Vaccinated but I want a choice. They can stick AZ where the sun don't shine.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Fri 11 Jun 2021, 9:09 pm

Had my first jab AZ. i was a bit reluctant for AZ but the outbreak in Melbourne tipped the scales because if I catch the bug it'll kill me most likely.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Sat 12 Jun 2021, 8:16 am

BanditDave wrote:
Chook wrote:Firstly I believe we all should be vaccinated unless there is a serious medical reason not to do it.

Hi Chook,
Thanks for the invite.
I'm not on two wheels at present but that could change at any moment.
I am presently looking at lawn mower racing which may happen in the next few months.

Regarding virus, vaccines, isolation (quarantine) etc. there was an alternative practice in Australia up until 1959
The establishments, the last of which was on Peel Island in Moreton Bay were called leper colonies.
I understand they were quite successful. Results speak for themselves.
In Medieval times, sufferers were banished to leper colonies, condemned to wander the roads wearing a sign or ringing bells to warn healthy people of their approach.
With regard to a suitable venue, might I suggest the little territory within NSW.

Dave I fairly sure that place inside NSW is already taken by lepers, leaches and vermin. I don't think there is anymore room

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Sun 13 Jun 2021, 6:09 pm

You guys are killin' me  Covid Vaccine - Page 2 1f600
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 14 Jun 2021, 10:37 am

Tomorrow's the day, if I said I was 100% comfortable I'd be bull shitting but weighing all things up I still believe it is the best thing to do.

Over the past few weeks I've spoke with a number of people that have had the 1st shot already, their experiences seem to reinforce that getting it is the right decision.

2 x similar aged (young blokes, mid to late 50's Wink ) work colleagues, 1 felt flat for about 24 hours, 1 noticed no change

Late 70's couple, she felt flat for the rest of that day, he moaned about flu pains for 5 days (and she let him know about it Very Happy  )

1 x similar aged bloke, felt real flat for 24 hours, a little flat for the following day

1 x late 70's female, felt like she had the flu for 4 or 5 days

At least another dozen that said they had no side effect what so ever

I do know of (never met) another man, liver transplant recipient that is in high risk group if he does catch Covid but also in the high risk group for any vaccine due to daily medication re: transplant, felt off for a few days, ended up in ICU for 24 hours then another week to recover, that was nothing to do with the vaccine's normal side effects, it was the effect the any vaccine can have on his body due to the reaction with his medication.
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Mon 14 Jun 2021, 12:09 pm

I had no reaction to the first AZ dose

Now that I am on a winning streak it is time for my second jab of AZ this Wednesday.

The thing that pisses me off is that I was not given the choice of vaccine which disappoints me even further with the leaders of this country.

This choice is based on your date of birth which I had no control over.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Chook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Mon 14 Jun 2021, 12:50 pm

BanditDave wrote:

The thing that pisses me off is that I was not given the choice of vaccine which disappoints me even further with the leaders of this country.

Ditto

when I booked in there was no choice, I could have a choice now but the wait would be months for an alternative
Chook
Chook

Back to top Go down

Post  allambiejohn Tue 15 Jun 2021, 8:57 pm

Had the AZ shot a few weeks ago. 30 hours later felt like crap and went to bed early. slept solidly all night and woke up feeling only slightly jaded. Fine the next day.  The AZ didnt worry me, this is a motorcycle forum ! if anyone does anything riskier than riding a motorbike I would be surprised, so the jab should be a no brainer! Respect everyone's views but community and society in general only exist because people do the right thing, minor inconvenience for the greater good.  The problem with Covid is that each time someone catches it there is VERY small chance that whilst the infected cells in our body are busily recreating more viruses they make a mistake (a mutation) and what comes out is a very nasty variant. So the fewer people that catch it - the less the chance that a nasty variant will emerge.  Our bodies are at 37 degrees so I would not rely on high outside air temperatures for protection - but that rationale did make me laugh! Viruses are simple things with the sole aim of making our bodies copy their DNA, they exist quite happily in all climates...
allambiejohn
allambiejohn

rodent4 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave Wed 16 Jun 2021, 1:52 pm

Chook wrote:
BanditDave wrote:

Ditto

when I booked in there was no choice, I could have a choice now but the wait would be months for an alternative

I'm not opposed to vaccination but I am very unhappy at not being given a choice

I contacted the covid hotline yesterday and although told there was no way I could have the Pfizer shot that if I wait around 3 months I will be able to have a Moderna shot which I understand is even better.

As explained to me my first AZ shot has provided me with 60% protection, the second AZ shot will take me to 80%

If I switch to Moderna my protection goes up to 94.1%

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me and while I remain on the south island I have minimal exposure anyway.

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave
BanditDave

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 17 Jun 2021, 10:27 am

My personal feed back so far

!3:20 Tuesday, 1st shot
15:30 Tuesday felt tired but otherwise ok
18:00 Tuesday felt back to normal, early start Wednesday, in bed and asleep by 20:00
23:00 Tuesday woken by better half, apparently I was complaining in my sleep, I was very hot and sweating, took pain relief and slept well

05:00 Wednesday woke 10 minutes before my alarm, felt normal, straight to the gym, just a gentle walk and stretch
06:20 Wednesday stretching in the gym, suddenly became hot and sweaty again
07:00 - 11:00 at work, felt lethargic, after 12:00 felt back top normal
18:00 Wednesday, felt very tired, tea and into bed by 20:00, slept solidly

7:30 Thursday, woke feeling good
8:00 Thursday gentle walk and stretch, felt good 
10:00 Thursday (now) all good ..............................................
Chook
Chook

truck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 17 Jun 2021, 12:48 pm

BanditDave wrote:

Yes and that I'm yet to hear of what these "pre-existing conditions" are that the poor souls who have died or suffered from this blood clotting problem.
I'll wait for my choice.
Though now I'm hearing that they may change the approved AZ age group to over 60s, that will mean I will be able to choose what I want.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Thu 17 Jun 2021, 5:26 pm

I was speaking with a fellow at work today that had the shot 3 weeks ago, it knocked the piss out of him at the time and he hasn't been the same since, he's 60 Sad  Tuesday next week he's having some sort of medical diagnostic shit fitted to him as he's been having heart issues since. I don't know which shot he had. This guy is very fit and (to me) was in excellent condition prior to having the shot..............Yeah, I can't wait to get vaccinated  Rolling Eyes
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 17 Jun 2021, 7:45 pm

And i know 6 million people that have no side affects at all . Come on Rodent that just scare mongering . If you dont want the shot thats fine ,but saying that just isnt helpful to anyone . I had a heart attack 7 years ago and didnt have a covid shot before it .

Last edited by gus on Thu 17 Jun 2021, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 17 Jun 2021, 7:47 pm

rodent4 wrote:I was speaking with a fellow at work today that had the shot 3 weeks ago, it knocked the piss out of him at the time and he hasn't been the same since, he's 60 Sad  Tuesday next week he's having some sort of medical diagnostic shit fitted to him as he's been having heart issues since. I don't know which shot he had. This guy is very fit and (to me) was in excellent condition prior to having the shot..............Yeah, I can't wait to get vaccinated  Rolling Eyes
Terrible 

Confirmed today they have now approved Pfizer for under 60s

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Fri 18 Jun 2021, 12:16 am

It's all just a conspiracy so us old f*ckers can keep more vaccines for ourselves.

Covid Vaccine - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  rodent4 Fri 18 Jun 2021, 4:53 am

gus wrote:And i know 6 million people that have no side affects at all . Come on Rodent that just scare mongering . If you dont want the shot thats fine ,but saying that just isnt helpful to anyone . I had a heart attack 7 years ago and didnt have a covid shot before it .

So you personally know 6 million people that have had the jab, that's impressive. I probably only know a few hundred people at best, and I have no idea which of them have had the jab and who haven't and I don't care.

As I said, I don't have people dictate to me what I will and won't do. And as for the guy at work, he is the only person that has told me that they've had the jab and he only told me because I commented that he seemed a bit "flat", I don't make it my personal business to pester people about it.

But you keep riding your high horse Gus Wink
rodent4
rodent4

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Fri 18 Jun 2021, 5:48 am

Chook wrote:My personal feed back so far

!3:20 Tuesday, 1st shot
15:30 Tuesday felt tired but otherwise ok
18:00 Tuesday felt back to normal, early start Wednesday, in bed and asleep by 20:00
23:00 Tuesday woken by better half, apparently I was complaining in my sleep, I was very hot and sweating, took pain relief and slept well

05:00 Wednesday woke 10 minutes before my alarm, felt normal, straight to the gym, just a gentle walk and stretch
06:20 Wednesday stretching in the gym, suddenly became hot and sweaty again
07:00 - 11:00 at work, felt lethargic, after 12:00 felt back top normal
18:00 Wednesday, felt very tired, tea and into bed by 20:00, slept solidly

7:30 Thursday, woke feeling good
8:00 Thursday gentle walk and stretch, felt good 
10:00 Thursday (now) all good ..............................................
gus wrote:And i know 6 million people that have no side affects at all . Come on Rodent that just scare mongering . If you dont want the shot thats fine ,but saying that just isnt helpful to anyone . I had a heart attack 7 years ago and didnt have a covid shot before it .
Yeah, most of the people I know, have had side effects of varying degrees. Still I'd rather the side effects than the virus.
Funnily enough Chook, the fittest bloke was the one who seemed to suffer the worst side effects almost exactly like you described. You are in the fit category.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Fri 18 Jun 2021, 10:53 am

truck wrote:

You are in the fit category.
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz  

Not so sure about that, carrying quite a few too many kg's although when I weighed my self last week I am no the lightest I've been since 2015 and only the 2nd time I've got down to this weight since 1996, definitely nowhere near as cardio fit as I want to be  Mad
Chook
Chook

truck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next